John Marshall Law (Chicago)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Airallie

John Marshall Law (Chicago)

Postby Airallie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi-
logged onto my John Marshall Law status checker last night (2-13-12) and it said "Decision Made". The school e-mails you their decision, any idea how long it will take to get the e-mail?

OSUDEVIL

Re: John Marshall Law (Chicago)

Postby OSUDEVIL » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:40 pm

I received my e-mail early in the evening the same day my status checker changed in the a.m.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:44 pm

I dont remember how long it took after the status checker becuase i hadn't even done that yet. It was like a 4 day turn around for me and they told me i got in thru an email. I was just checking my email one day and not expecting anything and there it was. So im sure you will get it tomorrow if they dont send anything tonight

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:26 am

OSUDEVIl- Who sent you the e-maill Melissa L. Hansen, or Mr. Powers? Thanks!

OSUDEVIL

Postby OSUDEVIL » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 am

William Powers.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Any get the email about the eCommons thing with sign in information?

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 am

OSUDEVIL-
When they said Decision Made did you have seat deposit amounts before you got your e-mail? Also do you remember what day of the week your e-mail came? Thank-you.

colleenj87

Postby colleenj87 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I got the eCommons sign in--it doesn't seem to have too much information though? What did you think?

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:53 pm

colleenj87 wrote:I got the eCommons sign in--it doesn't seem to have too much information though? What did you think?

Yea I thought the same thing. I did see that they are sending out scholarship info around March 1 and they are also sending RSVPs for the late March ASW at the beginning of March.

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I am in for sure for January 2013 and I am wait listed fro Aug 2012. I submitted late. I am so happy! I deleted the two Tier 4 schools I was going to apply to since Tier 3 beats out Tier 4! Feels so good! :D BTW took from the 13th to the 17th to hear.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Airallie wrote:I am in for sure for January 2013 and I am wait listed fro Aug 2012. I submitted late. I am so happy! I deleted the two Tier 4 schools I was going to apply to since Tier 3 beats out Tier 4! Feels so good! :D BTW took from the 13th to the 17th to hear.

Congrats. Hopefully you get in for the fall. And they seem to have a pretty quick decision process bc it only took about 4-5 days for me to hear back as well. Im still waiting to hear back from a lot of schools before I make my final decision.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Anyone get their invitation to the ASW? And whos going?

arae13

Postby arae13 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm

GatorCTS wrote:Anyone get their invitation to the ASW? And whos going?

I did. I thought it was unnecessarily fancy. JMLS charges $4-5,000 more in tuition than other Chicago schools like DePaul and Loyola...now I see where that money goes.

I'm withdrawing. Wouldn't even go on a fully scholly.

eboston

Postby eboston » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 pm

I received mine, however, I am going to withdraw this week. I was accepted to St. Louis University and it's close to home. Their invites were super fancy!

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:34 pm

arae13 wrote:
GatorCTS wrote:Anyone get their invitation to the ASW? And whos going?

I did. I thought it was unnecessarily fancy. JMLS charges $4-5,000 more in tuition than other Chicago schools like DePaul and Loyola...now I see where that money goes.

I'm withdrawing. Wouldn't even go on a fully scholly.

Yea, i thought it was a little over the top as well. I might go just to spend a weekend in Chicago since I've never been there.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 pm

eboston wrote:I received mine, however, I am going to withdraw this week. I was accepted to St. Louis University and it's close to home. Their invites were super fancy!

I wish I had gotten one to SLU. I would love to go there, especially since they are getting a new facility that will hopefully be done in the fall. I sent an LOCI in today's mail so it should be there late this week. I hope I can get in off the waitlist later on in the cycle. I think St. Louis would be a really cool place to live and work.

Are you set on SLU?

eboston

Postby eboston » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Actually, the invites that I was referring to was the JMLS invites. I hear ya about the waitlist. I was waitlisted at quite a few places, as well. Ive been told that they take a lot of applicants off the waitlist each year. Plus the number of applicants are down this year so I would guess that the waitlist will be utilized heavily this year. I'm sure that you will get in. Where else are you considering? I was offered 50% tuition at MSU but I just cant make the move. I sent in my SLU seat deposit last week so I am definitely going. I have been downtown to look at the new building and I will be quite surprised if they are able to make the move happen by the start of classes. I guess we'll
have to wait and see. I sincerely hope to see you in the fall! Keep us posted!

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:48 pm

eboston wrote:Actually, the invites that I was referring to was the JMLS invites. I hear ya about the waitlist. I was waitlisted at quite a few places, as well. Ive been told that they take a lot of applicants off the waitlist each year. Plus the number of applicants are down this year so I would guess that the waitlist will be utilized heavily this year. I'm sure that you will get in. Where else are you considering? I was offered 50% tuition at MSU but I just cant make the move. I sent in my SLU seat deposit last week so I am definitely going. I have been downtown to look at the new building and I will be quite surprised if they are able to make the move happen by the start of classes. I guess we'll
have to wait and see. I sincerely hope to see you in the fall! Keep us posted!

Yea the John Marshall invites were very fancy. I'm hoping to get in at SLU. They have a program I am really interested in. But right now I'm considering Stetson bc im from florida and its close to where i live and its a good school for the area. SLU if i get in off the waitlist would jump into the top 2 or 3. But I am still waiting to hear back from another 5 or 6 schools so I am still a little undecided as of right now.

Chi515

Postby Chi515 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 pm

did seat deposits pop up for anyone who got in (on the status checker) once it said decision made?

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 am

Chi515 wrote:did seat deposits pop up for anyone who got in (on the status checker) once it said decision made? Mine did not but I am currently wait listed for Aug and have been admitted for the Jan 13 session for sure.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Chi515 wrote:did seat deposits pop up for anyone who got in (on the status checker) once it said decision made?

No Seat deposit on my status checker. when did yours pop up?

Chi515

Postby Chi515 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:01 pm

GatorCTS wrote:
Chi515 wrote:did seat deposits pop up for anyone who got in (on the status checker) once it said decision made?

it hasn't... I wanted to make sure that no seat deposit popping up wasn't a bad thing haha and no email yet about a decision, I am getting antsy

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Chi515 wrote:
GatorCTS wrote:

it hasn't... I wanted to make sure that no seat deposit popping up wasn't a bad thing haha and no email yet about a decision, I am getting antsy

How long ago did you apply?

WVUUG2012

Postby WVUUG2012 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Withdrew today

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Anyone get the financial aid packet yet?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”