Withdrew from Law School, but Want to Start Over?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gunz353

Withdrew from Law School, but Want to Start Over?

Postby Gunz353 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 am

I withdrew from law school last year due to major financial concerns and my unhappiness with the school and region I was in. After some soul searching, I still want to be a lawyer and work in public interest/government. I want to return to NY and possibly start over at the City University of New York due to their cheap tuition and reputation for public interest. I know this is a rare situation, and I probably should have been smarter and just transferred when I could have. Has anyone on here ever done this? Can anyone offer any sound advice or tips?

wlee1220

Re: Withdrew from Law School, but Want to Start Over?

Postby wlee1220 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm going to make the assumption that the majority of people on this site, like myself, are either 1st time applicants, transfer applicants, or already in school. However, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

taxman128

Postby taxman128 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Gunz353 wrote:I withdrew from law school last year due to major financial concerns and my unhappiness with the school and region I was in. After some soul searching, I still want to be a lawyer and work in public interest/government. I want to return to NY and possibly start over at the City University of New York due to their cheap tuition and reputation for public interest. I know this is a rare situation, and I probably should have been smarter and just transferred when I could have. Has anyone on here ever done this? Can anyone offer any sound advice or tips?

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/12/landslid ... -new-york/

JimmysParty

Postby JimmysParty » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”