In at VULS, 2015!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
danielhay11

Re: In at VULS, 2015!

Postby danielhay11 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:21 pm

United? More like UniTTTed.

I'll be the guy with brown hair drinking a pitcher at the airport bar for the next few hours.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:23 pm

danielhay11 wrote:United? More like UniTTTed.

I'll be the guy with brown hair drinking a pitcher at the airport bar for the next few hours.

oh, dude. I really, really hope you don't end up stuck on a cancelled united flight like me for several days.

Neatrends

Postby Neatrends » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Checking in from nashville!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Neatrends wrote:Checking in from nashville!

oh hey!! The law school is so full of tours right now.

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:

oh, dude. I really, really hope you don't end up stuck on a cancelled united flight like me for several days.

Thanks! Your predicament was actually the first thing I thought of.

Luckily I was able to get on another flight that will get me there in time to get about four hours of sleep :)

Neatrends

Postby Neatrends » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:45 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Neatrends wrote:Checking in from nashville!

oh hey!! The law school is so full of tours right now.

Really?! Mid thunderstorm tours? I didnt even bring an umbrella

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 pm

danielhay11 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:

Luckily I was able to get on another flight that will get me there in time to get about four hours of sleep :)

Well I just missed my flight due to US customs hold ups! :( They've put me on the earliest flight out to Nashville so I'll be arriving tommorrow at 10am. Do you guys think this will hurt my chances for re-imbursement seeing as they wanted me to be there the whole day? :(

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:35 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:

Well I just missed my flight due to US customs hold ups! :( They've put me on the earliest flight out to Nashville so I'll be arriving tommorrow at 10am. Do you guys think this will hurt my chances for re-imbursement seeing as they wanted me to be there the whole day? :(

I don't think so...it wasn't your fault. Did you book through their travel agent, FROSCH?

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:

So sorry to hear that! I can't imagine that this would affect your reimbursement situation - it was unavoidable and you didn't incur any additional costs.

Hope you have better luck tomorrow! With all the travel problems people have been having, I'm predicting a strong karma swing and an outstanding ASD. (I know, I know, it could just as easily mean the opposite. But there aren't any cynics on TLS, right?)

Sincerely,
Been-Sitting-on-This-Damn-Runway-for-an-hour Dan

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 pm

danielhay11 wrote:So sorry to hear that! I can't imagine that this would affect your reimbursement situation - it was unavoidable and you didn't incur any additional costs.

Hope you have better luck tomorrow! With all the travel problems people have been having, I'm predicting a strong karma swing and an outstanding ASD. (I know, I know, it could just as easily mean the opposite. But there aren't any cynics on TLS, right?)

Sincerely,
Been-Sitting-on-This-Damn-Runway-for-an-hour Dan

Indeed indeed. Hopefully tommorrow is smooth sailing/flying and ASD will surely be a blast :)

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:28 pm

I just booked for April 6th...anyone else going on that date?

mockmockmock

Postby mockmockmock » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:03 pm

What I learned at ASD: Vanderbilt students party hearty.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Anyone here planning on the April 6th ASW?

hooma

Postby hooma » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:54 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Anyone here planning on the April 6th ASW?

I am, can't wait! Still need to book my flight, however.

beta

Postby beta » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:43 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Anyone here planning on the April 6th ASW?

i'll be there april 6th weekend as well! excited :)

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:56 pm

mockmockmock wrote:What I learned at ASD: Vanderbilt law students party hearty.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 am

danielhay11 wrote:
mockmockmock wrote:What I learned at ASD: Vanderbilt law students party hearty.

hahahaha, true this!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 am

Did anyone get a chance to look around some of the apartment complexes close to campus during ASW? I only saw the grove, which I quite liked, but I want to explore a little closer as well.

southernsuperstar

Postby southernsuperstar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 am

Did visiting change anyone's mind regarding where they're going? Or make them question previous assumptions?

I really did not expect to like Vandy as much as I did and making a decision is going to be much harder than I anticipated!

der_saeufer

Postby der_saeufer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:13 am

franklyscarlet wrote:Did anyone get a chance to look around some of the apartment complexes close to campus during ASW? I only saw the grove, which I quite liked, but I want to explore a little closer as well.

I did, including a party at the Americana where slap cup was being played quite vigorously. I was unimpressed altogether; I figured that what I pay to rent a 2-bedroom house with a yard and a garage in California should get a pretty decent apartment in Nashville but I figured wrong. Some of the complexes farther out looked very nice and were considerably cheaper than the ones very close to campus, though. As someone who likes old houses and small, old apartment buildings, the selection made me kind of sad. PM me if you want specifics.

southernsuperstar wrote:Did visiting change anyone's mind regarding where they're going? Or make them question previous assumptions?

I really did not expect to like Vandy as much as I did and making a decision is going to be much harder than I anticipated!

Visiting was weird for me... I liked Vandy far more than I thought I would, but I liked Nashville less than I thought I would. I have to say that no matter where I end up going I'll always have a healthy dose of respect for Vandy Law students--what a truly great group of people!

Also I had a great time at ASW. Thanks to everyone, current students and other admits, that made it such a blast. Too bad I'm just now getting over the pollen-raping I got.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:23 am

der_saeufer wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Did anyone get a chance to look around some of the apartment complexes close to campus during ASW? I only saw the grove, which I quite liked, but I want to explore a little closer as well.

I did, including a party at the Americana where slap cup was being played quite vigorously. I was unimpressed altogether; I figured that what I pay to rent a 2-bedroom house with a yard and a garage in California should get a pretty decent apartment in Nashville but I figured wrong. Some of the complexes farther out looked very nice and were considerably cheaper than the ones very close to campus, though. As someone who likes old houses and small, old apartment buildings, the selection made me kind of sad. PM me if you want specifics.

southernsuperstar wrote:Did visiting change anyone's mind regarding where they're going? Or make them question previous assumptions?

Visiting was weird for me... I liked Vandy far more than I thought I would, but I liked Nashville less than I thought I would. I have to say that no matter where I end up going I'll always have a healthy dose of respect for Vandy Law students--what a truly great group of people!

Also I had a great time at ASW. Thanks to everyone, current students and other admits, that made it such a blast. Too bad I'm just now getting over the pollen-raping I got.

I think this is a great way to put it. I loved Vandy and the students, not so sure about Nashville. It was fun but I dont' know if I see myself there for three years...

moxy

Postby moxy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
der_saeufer wrote:

I think this is a great way to put it. I loved Vandy and the students, not so sure about Nashville. It was fun but I dont' know if I see myself there for three years...

^ Same

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:33 am

I loved Nashville, but it's generally my kind of place (small city, southern, lots of music).

salsahips

Postby salsahips » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:I loved Nashville, but it's generally my kind of place (small city, southern, lots of music).

I'm from Miami so Nashville isn't exactly what I'm used to (although four years in Gainesville gave me some exposure) but I also loved Nashville. Everything was so close to everything else and the people/culture was great -- they know how to have a really good time.

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:I loved Nashville, but it's generally my kind of place (small city, southern, lots of music).

Same. ASW definitely made my decision more difficult.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”