In at VULS, 2015! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Byzantine

Bronze

In at VULS, 2015!

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:36 pm

There isn't one these threads yet. Thought it would be good to discuss VULS, Nashville, Scholarships, ASW's, and the decision to attend or not.

I'll kick it off by asking who's going to the admitted student weekend up here in DC that just came out?

mr_unemployed

New

Re: In at VULS, 2015!

Post by mr_unemployed » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Byzantine wrote:There isn't one these threads yet. Thought it would be good to discuss VULS, Nashville, Scholarships, ASW's, and the decision to attend or not.

I'll kick it off by asking who's going to the admitted student weekend up here in DC that just came out?
Got the email this morning. Thinking that I will probably go. But since I've already signed up for the ASW in March, I won't feel particularly deprived if something comes up and I can't attend.

ETA: Thanks for creating this thread, Byzantine!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:20 pm

mr_unemployed wrote:
Byzantine wrote:There isn't one these threads yet. Thought it would be good to discuss VULS, Nashville, Scholarships, ASW's, and the decision to attend or not.

Got the email this morning. Thinking that I will probably go. But since I've already signed up for the ASW in March, I won't feel particularly deprived if something comes up and I can't attend.

ETA: Thanks for creating this thread, Byzantine!
Yeah, I could easily fit it in after work, but I'm not sure I'm compelled to go just yet.

I'm also dying to know when scholarships are coming out!!! I really want to go to Vandy, over higher ranked schools, but not if its gonna cost that much!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Also, I'm from Nashville so I'm happy to talk about Nashville culture, where to live, etc...

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi guys!! I adore Vandy, and I'm really hoping scholarships come outsoon, because I'd love a good reason to keep considering Vandy along with t14 schools. Fingers crossed!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:32 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Hi guys!! I adore Vandy, and I'm really hoping scholarships come outsoon, because I'd love a good reason to keep considering Vandy along with t14 schools. Fingers crossed!!
Well said! That's exactly where I'm at. They've got to be coming out soon!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Another question: Do the Merit Scholarships and Named Scholarships carry stipulations, and if so, what are they?

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Byzantine wrote:Another question: Do the Merit Scholarships and Named Scholarships carry stipulations, and if so, what are they?
Vandy doesn't do any stipulations, pretty sure.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:55 pm

merit scholarship has no stips

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alwayslovely

New

Post by alwayslovely » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:03 pm

I think I'll be at the Reception in DC! The invite was cute :) Vanderbilt does a great job of making you feel special.

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:53 pm

By the way I started a Vandy 2015 (though I'm not committed to attending) in the Class of 2015 lounge a few weeks back. I'm also from Nashville (born and raised!), so feel free to leave questions there or PM me if you want to know about areas to see while visiting, places to eat, etc.

CommoBlue

New

Post by CommoBlue » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm also dying to know when scholarships are coming out!!! I really want to go to Vandy, over higher ranked schools, but not if its gonna cost that much![/quote]

I just talked to the admissions office today. The person I spoke to said they were waiting to evaluate the combined merit/need packages until after the 15th (the deadline to submit the need-based info/FAFSA). He also said the turn around would be very quick and we should receive our offers via snail mail before the end of the month.

I also attended Vanderbilt for undergrad, so if anyone has any questions I'm available to answer them as well! (Go Dores)

moxy

Bronze

Post by moxy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Checking in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hooma

Bronze

Post by hooma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:25 pm

alwayslovely wrote:

I think I'll be at the Reception in DC! The invite was cute :) Vanderbilt does a great job of making you feel special.
I'll also be there, and also loved the invite!

salsahips

Bronze

Post by salsahips » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 am

CommoBlue wrote:
Byzantine wrote:I'm also dying to know when scholarships are coming out!!! I really want to go to Vandy, over higher ranked schools, but not if its gonna cost that much!
I just talked to the admissions office today. The person I spoke to said they were waiting to evaluate the combined merit/need packages until after the 15th (the deadline to submit the need-based info/FAFSA). He also said the turn around would be very quick and we should receive our offers via snail mail before the end of the month.

I also attended Vanderbilt for undergrad, so if anyone has any questions I'm available to answer them as well! (Go Dores)
So the first batch of offers may be sent by the end of the week?? Maybe too optimistic but I sure hope so.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:38 am

hooma wrote:
alwayslovely wrote:

I'll also be there, and also loved the invite!
If Vanderbilt continues to do such a good job of making people feel special and keeping it classy once you get there, it would be pretty sweet.

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 am

franklyscarlet wrote:Hi guys!! I adore Vandy, and I'm really hoping scholarships come outsoon, because I'd love a good reason to keep considering Vandy along with t14 schools. Fingers crossed!!
+1. Looking forward to visiting March 16th.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 am

Did anyone else just get an email that assigned an ID number to their Vandy applicant record?

mr_unemployed

New

Post by mr_unemployed » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:44 am

CommoBlue wrote:I'm also dying to know when scholarships are coming out!!! I really want to go to Vandy, over higher ranked schools, but not if its gonna cost that much!

Would be nice to hear about money this week.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah!!! VULS thread is back on top!!!

Who else going to the March 16th ASW?

ricsllscir

Bronze

Post by ricsllscir » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 am

Byzantine wrote:Yeah!!! VULS thread is back on top!!!

Haha, I'm geared up for that weekend and excited to check out nashville!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mr_unemployed

New

Post by mr_unemployed » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:06 pm

ricsllscir wrote:

I will be there!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 pm

mr_unemployed wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:

I will be there!
Everybody better bring their handy 1L guide book.

Unagi

Bronze

Post by Unagi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:15 pm

CommoBlue wrote:I'm also dying to know when scholarships are coming out!!! I really want to go to Vandy, over higher ranked schools, but not if its gonna cost that much!

Snail mail?! I HATE snail mail... :cry:
Was hoping for an email. I checked LSN and there are some scholarships dated 03/07

danielhay11

Bronze

Post by danielhay11 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Byzantine wrote:
mr_unemployed wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:

I will be there!
Everybody better bring their handy 1L guide book.
When I got to the bar section of the 1L book, I could only think of one thing: epic pub crawl.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”