Campbell Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tyson22

Campbell Law

Postby Tyson22 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Anyone applying/planning on going to Campbell law? I have been accepted but still waiting to hear from UNC. Campbell seems like a great school to go to if you are planning on practicing in NC.

wfudeacons2005

Re: Campbell Law

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Just got in yesterday...I'm from NJ and go to Wake for undergrad and I'm not sure if I want to commit to staying in NC for another 3 years. But it does seem like a nice option if I do decide to go that direction.

johnpizzo

Postby johnpizzo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Also applied although I would prefer UNC or Wake but we'll see. Have family in Raleigh so that could be real helpful. If they offer substantial money it might be a smart choice for me.

Good luck!

Tyson22

Postby Tyson22 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:53 pm

I am still waiting to hear from UNC and I got waitlisted at Wake. According to Wake's dean (he has been posting on TLS), they have been very conservative with admission offers this cycle due to the increase in applications. Hopefully that means they will be pulling a lot of people off of the waitlist. Campbell gave me a pretty good scholarship, but I'm still going to have to take out about $15,000 in loans...which is almost what UNC's tuition is..

icecold3000

Postby icecold3000 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:04 am

I was wondering if anyone was gonna make a Campbell thread.

Tyson22

Postby Tyson22 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 am

I kept waiting for one too so I decided to go ahead and do it... since I'm 90% sure I'll end up there I thought it might be a good idea :)

icecold3000

Postby icecold3000 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 pm

I really like Campbell. In my neck of the woods in NC, nearly every lawyer graduated from there.

cmthomas4

Postby cmthomas4 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 pm

I'm waiting to hear from UNC and Wake as well and just applied to Campbell. I go to school in TN right now and my fiancé is in NC. He was waitlisted at Campbell. Anyone have any idea when the admissions cycle ends/waitlist people will be notified? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

johnpizzo

Postby johnpizzo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Accepted yesterday. No word on money at this point. I am going to be in Raleigh visiting family in late March so I will be checking it out in person. 160 / 3.19

Raleigh is a great area and although I am waiting to hear from Wake (#1) and UNC, if they don't come through if the money is right, it might be the way to go for me.

Tyson22

Postby Tyson22 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Campbell has been giving out decisions pretty quickly... I think I heard about 3 weeks after my application was complete. I believe they take 10 days to decide on money. I don't think they are quite as generous with scholarship money as other schools (thats just my experience so far), but Campbell does seem to be one of the better schools in the state (aside from UNC, Wake and Duke) so I'll probably end up there regardless.

reinbowbrite

Postby reinbowbrite » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:10 pm

I've been accepted and offered $ to go, but I'm on the fence. I'm W/L at Wake and still waiting to hear from UNC. I know most everyone around Raleigh has heard of Campbell, but I'm concerned that it might not be well-known outside the Triangle area.

Did anyone go to one of the Dinner with the Dean things?

Tyson22

Postby Tyson22 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:28 am

reinbowbrite wrote:I've been accepted and offered $ to go, but I'm on the fence. I'm W/L at Wake and still waiting to hear from UNC. I know most everyone around Raleigh has heard of Campbell, but I'm concerned that it might not be well-known outside the Triangle area.

Did anyone go to one of the Dinner with the Dean things?

I didn't go to the Dinner with the Dean. I have pretty much made up my mind that if I don't get into UNC I will be at Campbell regardless. I got waitlisted at Wake as well, and even if I get off the waitlist, I really can't afford to pay full tuition there when I got $$ to Campbell and full scholarships elsewhere, granted they aren't better schools than Wake. All the attorneys I know think that Campbell is a great school, so I think if you stay in NC you shouldn't have a huge problem getting a job (although the poor job market is definitely a consideration). UNC has said they are going to try to release more decisions next week, so hopefully that will help with the decision making.

reinbowbrite

Postby reinbowbrite » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Tyson22 wrote:
I got waitlisted at Wake as well, and even if I get off the waitlist, I really can't afford to pay full tuition there

In the same boat. It's hard to justify paying sticker at Wake when I have scholly offers elsewhere. I like Campbell, and I've worked with a lot of great Campbell attorneys so I know it's a great school. But do employers know how great it is? That's my concern, I guess, with the job market the way it is.

Tyson22

Postby Tyson22 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:12 pm

reinbowbrite wrote:
Tyson22 wrote:
I got waitlisted at Wake as well, and even if I get off the waitlist, I really can't afford to pay full tuition there

In the same boat. It's hard to justify paying sticker at Wake when I have scholly offers elsewhere. I like Campbell, and I've worked with a lot of great Campbell attorneys so I know it's a great school. But do employers know how great it is? That's my concern, I guess, with the job market the way it is.

I guess it all depends on where you want to work. I'm from eastern NC, so all the attorneys I know or have done internships for know its a great school. I want to return to eastern NC after law school, so for me, its probably a good bet. The full scholarships I have gotten are for schools that don't really have a good alumni network or are tier 4, so I can somewhat justify paying about 10 grand for Campbell to be where I want to be as I do love Raleigh over going somewhere else for free. Although with Wake, its hard to be in debt up to my eyeballs when I think Campbell can get me a job that I want.

icecold3000

Postby icecold3000 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Is anyone planning on going to Admitted Students Day on March 24th?

Tyson22

Postby Tyson22 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 am

icecold3000 wrote:Is anyone planning on going to Admitted Students Day on March 24th?

I'm not sure if I will... it doesn't seem too different than what you do when you go for a tour/sit in on a class, so I haven't decided yet. It would be nice to meet potential classmates though!

reinbowbrite

Postby reinbowbrite » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 am

icecold3000 wrote:Is anyone planning on going to Admitted Students Day on March 24th?

I went, and I thought they put together a really nice program for the day. It definitely improved my overall impression of the program. The faculty seems like they genuinely care about you and helping you be successful. You're not just going to be a number to them.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”