Accepted into UC Hastings! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aliceydu

Bronze

Accepted into UC Hastings!

Post by aliceydu » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 pm

I just got a call from Hastings, and they offered me acceptance! I got rejected from Berkeley and UCLA (and probably USC too), so I was really banking on Davis. I know a lot of people would choose Hastings over Davis... but what about now? Davis's ranking is so much higher up.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Re: Accepted into UC Hastings!

Post by KibblesnBitts » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:38 pm

aliceydu wrote:I just got a call from Hastings, and they offered me acceptance! I got rejected from Berkeley and UCLA (and probably USC too), so I was really banking on Davis. I know a lot of people would choose Hastings over Davis... but what about now? Davis's ranking is so much higher up.
Post this under "Choosing a Law School."

odetojefferson

New

Post by odetojefferson » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:38 pm

aliceydu wrote:I just got a call from Hastings, and they offered me acceptance! I got rejected from Berkeley and UCLA (and probably USC too), so I was really banking on Davis. I know a lot of people would choose Hastings over Davis... but what about now? Davis's ranking is so much higher up.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2#p5209882

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:50 pm

There are SO many threads comparing UCH and UCD. All you have to do is use the search function to find them. What people basically say is it comes down to money and your preferred locale.

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Congratulations!

UC Hastings is the better choice if you want to get a job as a lawyer. Its in San Francisco, so you can build your professional network there more easily. USN&R lists it as being ranked 3.8/5 by lawyers and judges. UC Davis is ranked 3.6/5 in that category.

UC Davis is ranked higher by professors, so if your goal is to become a law professor, then Davis is slightly more optimal.

aliceydu

Bronze

Post by aliceydu » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm

ilovesf wrote:There are SO many threads comparing UCH and UCD. All you have to do is use the search function to find them. What people basically say is it comes down to money and your preferred locale.
Yeah, I've been reading around. Still can't make up my mind. It just bothers me so much that despite all the good things people say about Hastings (better reputations, larger alumni pool, etc.), its ranking has dropped so low. I interned for a judge last summer, and he (and my co-intern) both told me rankings aren't so important unless it's T14.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”