California Western Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KibblesnBitts

Bronze

California Western Applicants

Post by KibblesnBitts » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 pm

I didn't see one of these yet. I applied here because, despite its less-than-stellar ratings, I decided to apply on a fee waiver, and got a full tuition scholly the other week. Now I'm going to consider it given the fact that it's a full tuition scholarship and they want to fly me down there for free...even though I will most likely not be attending.

barbaraeliz

Bronze

Re: California Western Applicants

Post by barbaraeliz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Got the same thing. I am way above their 75%, so I'm assuming that's why I was offered a full-ride. I love San Diego, so I may visit the school if they'll send me out for free (as long as their is no stipulation, i.e. I have to accept first), and who knows?

quiksilver21af

New

Post by quiksilver21af » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

I also got a full scholarship and I sit in the top 75%. I also got into Chapman and Southwestern, it will be a tough call deciding if it is worth paying full price for either of those two schools or graduating law school with no loans.

D1989

New

Post by D1989 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm

This week I was awarded the Justice Anthony Kennedy Scholarship, which covers tuition, books, and bar exam stipend. Is this what you guys received? If so, is anyone going to the program for us on the 23rd-24th?

cpinker3

New

Post by cpinker3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm

-
Last edited by cpinker3 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:41 pm

I got the Trustees Scholarship, which is only full tuition. And I agree, if there is no stipulation to the "free" travel arrangements, I'm definitely down to visit.

shepdawg

Bronze

Post by shepdawg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Only go with a full ride. Even then, only if you don't want to make over 60k/yr. Only 2 firms interviewed at OCI, neither hired from CWSL. Top ranked students (including Kennedy fellows) are without SA.

quiksilver21af

New

Post by quiksilver21af » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 pm

shepdawg wrote:Only go with a full ride. Even then, only if you don't want to make over 60k/yr. Only 2 firms interviewed at OCI, neither hired from CWSL. Top ranked students (including Kennedy fellows) are without SA.
If there was anyway to varify this that would be really good to know. Is there a way too look up OCI's?

splitbrain

Silver

Post by splitbrain » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:44 pm

quiksilver21af wrote:
shepdawg wrote:Only go with a full ride. Even then, only if you don't want to make over 60k/yr. Only 2 firms interviewed at OCI, neither hired from CWSL. Top ranked students (including Kennedy fellows) are without SA.
If there was anyway to varify this that would be really good to know. Is there a way too look up OCI's?
http://nalpdirectory.com

You can search by school.

4 firms interview at Cal Western's OCI per NALP. You can verify through the firms' websites if they have any associates recently hired from Cal Western.

As for the SA information, I am unsure.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Eatcow

New

Post by Eatcow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:32 pm

I Got in here also and am well above the 75% for Cal Western. Just got scholly info and got the Robert J. Grey Jr. Scholarship which is Full Tuition with Books and "Summer Enrichment" whatever that is. I don't think I will be attending but was considering going to their March 8th-9th Scholars Visit Program thing since they are offering free travel and hotel and meals. I think it would be fun to visit San Diego. Anyone else going to this? It would be nice to know someone there if I do go. Some of you guys mentioned going to on of their programs but wasn't sure if you were referring to this one.

BTW the scholly does have stips for each year (semester?), didn't look that closely.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:01 am

Eatcow wrote:I Got in here also and am well above the 75% for Cal Western. Just got scholly info and got the Robert J. Grey Jr. Scholarship which is Full Tuition with Books and "Summer Enrichment" whatever that is. I don't think I will be attending but was considering going to their March 8th-9th Scholars Visit Program thing since they are offering free travel and hotel and meals. I think it would be fun to visit San Diego. Anyone else going to this? It would be nice to know someone there if I do go. Some of you guys mentioned going to on of their programs but wasn't sure if you were referring to this one.

BTW the scholly does have stips for each year (semester?), didn't look that closely.
I think the stip was top 25% - which is a bit daunting. Also, I was thinking about going with the free trip to San Diego, but I'm going to another ASD to a university I'm seriously considering attending on that date. So, I will be sending them the letter with the check that states I will not be attending Cali Western.

barbaraeliz

Bronze

Post by barbaraeliz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 am

Got a nice note about my PS with the package today. Not great hiring numbers though, I think this school is off my list.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 am

barbaraeliz wrote:Got a nice note about my PS with the package today. Not great hiring numbers though, I think this school is off my list.
Yeah I'm about to send the "Thanks but no thanks" RSVP to them. C'est la vie and godspeed Cali Western.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”