Mistake made???

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:22 pm

OP: The answer to your question is "no".

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Jaeger wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Good luck dude, that's awesome.


If your gpa was high, they may have used that to boost the median, and not really cared about the LSAT score for some non-numerical reason.


If the school's median LSAT is 167, I doubt their 75th percentile GPA is 3.4. Just got lucky.

:oops: :oops: :oops: I didn't even see the gpa

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby ThreeRivers » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38 pm

UMN allowed a white 154 / 3.45 on LSN... I'm guessing its legit to because rest of his cycle seems pretty normal

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/chrisrj1971/jd

But..

he's 40, with 22 years experience in NAVY, has MBA and is a liscenced pilot lol

Just from that 1 application they can add so many things to their "diverse" class

Maybe this is the OP? (he just slightly changed his numbers on here to hide ID)

User avatar
catwomangirl
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby catwomangirl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:43 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:UMN allowed a white 154 / 3.45 on LSN... I'm guessing its legit to because rest of his cycle seems pretty normal

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/chrisrj1971/jd

But..

he's 40, with 22 years experience in NAVY, has MBA and is a liscenced pilot lol

Just from that 1 application they can add so many things to their "diverse" class

Maybe this is the OP? (he just slightly changed his numbers on here to hide ID)



But that person was ED and updated months ago...

User avatar
homersimpson12
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby homersimpson12 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:43 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:UMN allowed a white 154 / 3.45 on LSN... I'm guessing its legit to because rest of his cycle seems pretty normal

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/chrisrj1971/jd

But..

he's 40, with 22 years experience in NAVY, has MBA and is a liscenced pilot lol

Just from that 1 application they can add so many things to their "diverse" class

Maybe this is the OP? (he just slightly changed his numbers on here to hide ID)


no this is not me, im late 20's, no mba and not a pilot. and those are my real #'s


Im just having a really hard time believing this because ive been rejected by everyone else so far

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:57 pm

forget talking to us and send that check. wait for them to cash it before sending any messages/ questions. if they ask, tell them you withdrew all of your other applications.

User avatar
fatpeopleavenger
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Jaeger wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Good luck dude, that's awesome.


If your gpa was high, they may have used that to boost the median, and not really cared about the LSAT score for some non-numerical reason.


If the school's median LSAT is 167, I doubt their 75th percentile GPA is 3.4. Just got lucky.


Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby Jaeger » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:03 pm

homersimpson12 wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:UMN allowed a white 154 / 3.45 on LSN... I'm guessing its legit to because rest of his cycle seems pretty normal

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/chrisrj1971/jd

But..

he's 40, with 22 years experience in NAVY, has MBA and is a liscenced pilot lol

Just from that 1 application they can add so many things to their "diverse" class

Maybe this is the OP? (he just slightly changed his numbers on here to hide ID)


no this is not me, im late 20's, no mba and not a pilot. and those are my real #'s


Im just having a really hard time believing this because ive been rejected by everyone else so far



I'm really interested though. PM me the school?

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby ralph_pootawn » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:10 pm

interested itt.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby mtyler19 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Jaeger wrote:
homersimpson12 wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:UMN allowed a white 154 / 3.45 on LSN... I'm guessing its legit to because rest of his cycle seems pretty normal

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/chrisrj1971/jd

But..

he's 40, with 22 years experience in NAVY, has MBA and is a liscenced pilot lol

Just from that 1 application they can add so many things to their "diverse" class

Maybe this is the OP? (he just slightly changed his numbers on here to hide ID)


no this is not me, im late 20's, no mba and not a pilot. and those are my real #'s


Im just having a really hard time believing this because ive been rejected by everyone else so far



I'm really interested though. PM me the school?


Me too pleeease! If you're okay with it of course. but congrats, this is amazing!
Last edited by mtyler19 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby woodscommaL » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:28 pm

If you're okay with telling people, PM me what school it was. I'm really curious.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby pupshaw » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:29 pm

woodscommaL wrote:If you're okay with telling people, PM me what school it was. I'm really curious.


+1

rma
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby rma » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 pm

cerealdan wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:If you're okay with telling people, PM me what school it was. I'm really curious.


+1


+1

Same here, I'd really like to know as well.

Congrats!

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby mattviphky » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 pm

PAY ONLINE PAY ONLINE!!!

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby ensign85 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:24 pm

If you received notification today, it was probably UC Davis.

User avatar
catwomangirl
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby catwomangirl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 pm

rma wrote:
cerealdan wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:If you're okay with telling people, PM me what school it was. I'm really curious.


+1


+1

Same here, I'd really like to know as well.

Congrats!



+11

Congratulations!

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby mattviphky » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 pm

ensign85 wrote:If you received notification today, it was probably UC Davis.


not so, I got accepted to UIUC today.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby Magnifique1908 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:51 pm

mattviphky wrote:
ensign85 wrote:If you received notification today, it was probably UC Davis.


not so, I got accepted to UIUC today.


And Davis doesn't have a median "15 points higher" than his LSAT score.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:54 pm

This story is awesome. I really hope it's all legit and works out for you.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby favrefire4 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:58 pm

PM the school!

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby pret » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:13 pm

OP is my hero.

Please PM me the school....and your PS too if at all possible.

tennisking88
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby tennisking88 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:22 pm

GW has a median of 167, 15 pts higher than 152, and it mails acceptances so...could be that

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby Magnifique1908 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:42 pm

tennisking88 wrote:GW has a median of 167, 15 pts higher than 152, and it mails acceptances so...could be that


Not via status checker....

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Mistake made???

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 pm

This could be some grand experiment by the school to test the validity of the LSAT

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Mistake made???

Postby emkay625 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:44 pm

CONGRATS

This is my favorite post of all time. May your good fortune be contagious!!!

Also, I would love you forever if you PM'd the school...this is awesome.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, hellohalo, lizzyluna, loslakers and 11 guests