Just want to express my dissapointment

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
83947368
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby 83947368 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:25 pm

.
Last edited by 83947368 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Just happened at Vassar for undergrad, so it's not unprecedented I guess

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46178448/ns ... yTbPcVAZLc

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:44 pm

pret wrote:This happened to a relative of mine with GW. Poor person told everyone they got accepted before the school apologized for the error, explaining it was meant to be a rejection.

Who tells people outside of family they got into law schools? I hate people asking me about that stuff and nosing in on me.

But in all seriousness, I think OP is being smart not to go ballistic on the school. It was just a mistake.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby T00L » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Who tells people outside of family they got into law schools?


I do. my friends ask how the process is going because they pretty much didn't see me for months during my LSAT study...

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby vpintz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:08 pm

T00L wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Who tells people outside of family they got into law schools?


I do. my friends ask how the process is going because they pretty much didn't see me for months during my LSAT study...

+1. Plus I have a few friends going through admissions hell as well, so we bitch about it together.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 pm

vpintz wrote:
T00L wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Who tells people outside of family they got into law schools?


I do. my friends ask how the process is going because they pretty much didn't see me for months during my LSAT study...

+1. Plus I have a few friends going through admissions hell as well, so we bitch about it together.

My friends like that are underachievers taking big money at T30s instead of trying for the T6. Boring.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby vpintz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
vpintz wrote:
T00L wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Who tells people outside of family they got into law schools?


I do. my friends ask how the process is going because they pretty much didn't see me for months during my LSAT study...

+1. Plus I have a few friends going through admissions hell as well, so we bitch about it together.

My friends like that are underachievers taking big money at T30s instead of trying for the T6. Boring.

Ah, that's fair. But yeah, it's almost a solidarity thing for me/mah friends.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 pm

vpintz wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
vpintz wrote:
T00L wrote:I do. my friends ask how the process is going because they pretty much didn't see me for months during my LSAT study...

+1. Plus I have a few friends going through admissions hell as well, so we bitch about it together.

My friends like that are underachievers taking big money at T30s instead of trying for the T6. Boring.

Ah, that's fair. But yeah, it's almost a solidarity thing for me/mah friends.

You are lucky. Tell them you love and appreciate them next time you see them.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby vpintz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
vpintz wrote:+1. Plus I have a few friends going through admissions hell as well, so we bitch about it together.

My friends like that are underachievers taking big money at T30s instead of trying for the T6. Boring.

Ah, that's fair. But yeah, it's almost a solidarity thing for me/mah friends.

You are lucky. Tell them you love and appreciate them next time you see them.

Will do. 8D

rahrah
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby rahrah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 pm

That is horrible!! I'm sorry :(

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby patrickd139 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

rahrah wrote:That is horrible!! I'm sorry :(

No worries, TLS consensus is it never actually happened.

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby swtlilsoni » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:25 am

To people that are saying I'm auto reject now that this happened, I don't really understand that logic. To my knowledge my application is back in the pending pile. The fact that this news came soon after my application was sent only supports the claim that it was a mistake - because it would be unlikely to actually get a real acceptance that soon. And for all of you that think the entire thread is pointless without a name are missing the purpose of the thread to begin with. This wasn't a curious story that I am sharing to give you guys some excitement. I just wrote it to share how I feel and whether I disclose the name of the school or not, the way I feel remains the same. It doesn't change anything whether it's UVA or NW, I'm still disappointed regardless.

I hope you understand my reasons for not disclosing the name at this time. And for those that don't believe this story that's fine, you can just ignore this thread.

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 am

swtlilsoni wrote:To people that are saying I'm auto reject now that this happened, I don't really understand that logic. To my knowledge my application is back in the pending pile. The fact that this news came soon after my application was sent only supports the claim that it was a mistake - because it would be unlikely to actually get a real acceptance that soon. And for all of you that think the entire thread is pointless without a name are missing the purpose of the thread to begin with. This wasn't a curious story that I am sharing to give you guys some excitement. I just wrote it to share how I feel and whether I disclose the name of the school or not, the way I feel remains the same. It doesn't change anything whether it's UVA or NW, I'm still disappointed regardless.

I hope you understand my reasons for not disclosing the name at this time. And for those that don't believe this story that's fine, you can just ignore this thread.


The point of this thread is to express that you're bummed? Ok...sorry to hear that? Lol I didn't know emotions were cause for a thread.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 am

Guchster wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:I received an acceptance from a T14. I was happy. A while later I was notified that it was a "mistake" and they sent it to me by accident. I am crushed.


flame.

but i'm curious, which T14 emails acceptances?

BTW, I really don't think the OP is a flame. I got a PM about the "secret," and it's actually pretty legit

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Just want to express my dissapointment

Postby Killingly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Guchster wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:I received an acceptance from a T14. I was happy. A while later I was notified that it was a "mistake" and they sent it to me by accident. I am crushed.


flame.

but i'm curious, which T14 emails acceptances?

BTW, I really don't think the OP is a flame. I got a PM about the "secret," and it's actually pretty legit


Well that seems to confirm it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, jjcorvino, RictusErectus and 10 guests