Rejection letters

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tiff645

Rejection letters

Postby tiff645 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Rejection letters have started being sent. Just got mine....I don't have competitive scores so it was expected. Good luck to everyone else!

Jack Smirks

Re: Rejection letters

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Rejected from what dummy.

tiff645

Postby tiff645 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Jack Smirks wrote:Rejected from what dummy.

Sorry posted in the wrong spot! The dummy remark was uncalled for!

corvid

Postby corvid » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 pm

I think he was just be facetious.

It would be helpful to everyone to know which school specifically is sending out denial letters.

LawperaMan

Postby LawperaMan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 pm

And without a comma before the word "dummy," your sentence asks which dummy rejected the OP. Just saying, if you live in a glass, grammar-free house...

EuroDisney

Postby EuroDisney » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Most rejections read as follows:

Dear Applicant,

Each year, our law school receives thousands of applications from an impressive pool of prospective students. While the admissions committee was greatly impressed with your personal achievements, we regret that we are unable to offer you a place in our incoming Fall class. We have no doubt that, with your stellar record, you will find a place in another law school.

Sincerely,
Law School Assistant Dean.

Translated, these letters should read:

Dear Loser,

"We never bothered to read your application because of your LSAT score and/or undergraduate GPA. We hope you have not deluded yourself by thinking you have something special that would otherwise qualify you for admission. In fact, you have wasted our time simply by forcing us to send you this rejection email. Nevertheless, if you are determined to obtain a law degree, we have no doubt that Thomas Cooley School of Law will grant you admission.

Screw you,
Law School Assistant Dean

Pahlawan

Postby Pahlawan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

EuroDisney wrote:Most rejections read as follows:

Dear Applicant,

Each year, our law school receives thousands of applications from an impressive pool of prospective students. While the admissions committee was greatly impressed with your personal achievements, we regret that we are unable to offer you a place in our incoming Fall class. We have no doubt that, with your stellar record, you will find a place in another law school.

Sincerely,
Law School Assistant Dean.

Translated, these letters should read:

Dear Loser,

"We never bothered to read your application because of your LSAT score and/or undergraduate GPA. We hope you have not deluded yourself by thinking you have something special that would otherwise qualify you for admission. In fact, you have wasted our time simply by forcing us to send you this rejection email. Nevertheless, if you are determined to obtain a law degree, we have no doubt that Thomas Cooley School of Law will grant you admission.

Screw you,
Law School Assistant Dean

QFT.

splitbrain

Postby splitbrain » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Dear Law School,

Each year, thousands of applications get rejected from an impressive pool of prospective students. While I was greatly impressed with your letter of rejection, I regret that I am unable to accept it.

I look forward to seeing you in the Fall.

Sincerely,
Law School Applicant.

(Adapted from:
--LinkRemoved--)

Cavgirl

Postby Cavgirl » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 pm

splitbrain wrote:Dear Law School,

Each year, thousands of applications get rejected from an impressive pool of prospective students. While I was greatly impressed with your letter of rejection, I regret that I am unable to accept it.

I look forward to seeing you in the Fall.

Sincerely,
Law School Applicant.

(Adapted from:
--LinkRemoved--)

Perfect.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”