Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rosem80
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby Rosem80 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Anyone else think it's just mean for law schools to send junk mail during admissions season. I've gotten an email and a brochure in the mail for two different schools financial aid offices in the last week.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby Grizz » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 pm

would you like some cheese with that whine?

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 pm

You know you can opt out right?

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby paulshortys10 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 pm

What about the schools that don't send anything at all, nothing about receiving my mother fucking app.

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby wvu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:44 pm

I just turned off CRS. I'd suggest you do the same.

paulshortys10 wrote:What about the schools that don't send anything at all


Definitely worse.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 pm

wvuchip wrote:I just turned off CRS. I'd suggest you do the same.

paulshortys10 wrote:What about the schools that don't send anything at all


Definitely worse.

it's probably too late at this point

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Grizz wrote:would you like some cheese with that whine?

This.

Also, Pacific McGeorge sent me an e-mail the other day with the title: Are you still interested? Want to reply: no, and I never was.

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby justicefishy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:06 am

I wouldn't even really mind this, and I didn't back when admissions decisions weren't going out, except now I see law school in my in box and that split second of panic sets in....and then I find out it was from Akron promising me free books for my first year.

User avatar
fashiongirl
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby fashiongirl » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 am

justicefishy wrote:I wouldn't even really mind this, and I didn't back when admissions decisions weren't going out, except now I see law school in my in box and that split second of panic sets in....and then I find out it was from Akron promising me free books for my first year.


+1

TxRenegade2012
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby TxRenegade2012 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 am

Agreed. Liberty has probably been the worst since I'm a member of the churches of Christ and go to a private Christian university. But Phoenix and pacific are up there.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby jetissent » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 am

TxRenegade2012 wrote:Agreed. Liberty has probably been the worst since I'm a member of the churches of Christ and go to a private Christian university. But Phoenix and pacific are up there.


I haven't received a single email from Liberty. They're probably still praying for my salvation after seeing my CRS report. LGBT check box FTW!

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby justicefishy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 am

jetissent wrote:
TxRenegade2012 wrote:Agreed. Liberty has probably been the worst since I'm a member of the churches of Christ and go to a private Christian university. But Phoenix and pacific are up there.


I haven't received a single email from Liberty. They're probably still praying for my salvation after seeing my CRS report. LGBT check box FTW!


But I did that and they *still* send me stuff! :(

lawhaus
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Junk mail/email from prospective law schools

Postby lawhaus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 am

Same experience,
I had CRS on from the beginning of my LSAC account to the month after my OCT LSAT. Even though CRS was OFF when my DEC LSAT posted, schools still managed to find out about my score.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”