In at Columbia 2015: Blue Pride__Poll better than nyu's ha

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why have you decieded to join this Pride

My mama made me
8%
I love to make cash and lots of it
28%
Makes me more appealing to the opposite sex
13%
Columbia is the only place that could contain my swagger
33%
I simply like to waste away reading in a library for hours
18%

Total votes: 97

icedflames

Re: In at Columbia 2015: Blue Pride__Poll better than nyu's ha

Postby icedflames » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:40 pm

what are most people doing for food?
i know absolutely nothing about cooking, and i'm slightly worried that there won't be enough time to put into both learning to cook and actually cooking. what are my options?

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 pm

icedflames wrote:what are most people doing for food?
i know absolutely nothing about cooking, and i'm slightly worried that there won't be enough time to put into both learning to cook and actually cooking. what are my options?

Probably eating out most nights.

Making pastas and soups are really easy though, so you could always make something at the beginning of the week and it would last multiple days.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Bronck wrote:

Making pastas and soups are really easy though, so you could always make something at the beginning of the week and it would last multiple days.

Not if you're a hungry hippo/hypo like me :D
Last edited by hypothalamus on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soj

Postby soj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:46 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Bronck wrote:

Not if you're a hungry hippo/hypo like :D

Yeah, seriously. WTF are leftovers? You eat six meals a day if you have to, you do NOT leave food lying around. :cry:

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:59 pm

soj wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
Bronck wrote:Making pastas and soups are really easy though, so you could always make something at the beginning of the week and it would last multiple days.

Not if you're a hungry hippo/hypo like :D

Yeah, seriously. WTF are leftovers? You eat six meals a day if you have to, you do NOT leave food lying around. :cry:

Also, what is "cooking?" :D

soj

Postby soj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Haha, sadly, that too. I need to learn to be more domestic, though. I'm still looking to marry rich. I am not going to law school to be a freaking breadwinner.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:11 pm

soj wrote:Haha, sadly, that too. I need to learn to be more domestic, though. I'm still looking to marry rich. I am not going to law school to be a freaking breadwinner.

This is the real reason why you take the Hamilton, soj. So you can meet that rare emotionally stable financier who just wants to settle down and shower your with gifts (The "rare" comment was in relation to the emotional stability, not the other two parts of the equation).

It's been known to happen, just saying...
Last edited by Doorkeeper on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:11 pm

100-200/month on alcohol? I forget how expensive it can get. I'll be sticking to ginger ale.

I actually enjoy cooking, but I doubt I'll have time for it during the week.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:12 pm

blue_c wrote:100-200/month on alcohol? I forget how expensive it can get. I'll be sticking to ginger ale.

I actually enjoy cooking, but I doubt I'll have time for it during the week.

Yeah, no way I'll spend that much on alcohol, lol. Definitely not a huge drinker.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:13 pm

soj wrote:Haha, sadly, that too. I need to learn to be more domestic, though. I'm still looking to marry rich. I am not going to law school to be a freaking breadwinner.

Hahhahaha exquisite phrasing. And eternal truth behind it :D :D

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Bronck wrote:Yeah, no way I'll spend that much on alcohol, lol. Definitely not a huge drinker.

Walked around the Village for 30 minutes looking for a bar before Yesh realized he was going to be drinking alone.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:14 pm

blue_c wrote:
Bronck wrote:Yeah, no way I'll spend that much on alcohol, lol. Definitely not a huge drinker.

Walked around the Village for 30 minutes looking for a bar before Yesh realized he was going to be drinking alone.

Hahaha, yup. Although, it was fun walking/chatting and seeing the neighborhood.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Bronck wrote:Hahaha, yup. Although, it was fun walking/chatting and seeing the neighborhood.

Don't get me wrong. I don't regret it, and I can see myself doing the same thing many times in the future.

ETA: NYC <3

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:18 pm

So what Student Organizations/ Journals are best for picking up a $ugar Daddy?

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:22 pm

blue_c wrote:

So what Student Organizations/ Journals are best for picking up a $ugar Daddy?

This is relevant to me. I would like to know.

soj

Postby soj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:

This is the real reason why you take the Hamilton, soj. So you can meet that rare emotionally stable financier who just wants to settle down and shower your with gifts (The "rare" comment was in relation to the emotional stability, not the other two parts of the equation).

No need to backtrack. I'm openly forever alone. :lol:

Right on with the finance husband, though. I can't wait to take advantage of those cross-listed business school courses.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 pm

soj wrote:Right on with the finance husband, though. I can't wait to take advantage of those cross-listed business school courses.

Ah, this answers my question.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:27 pm

blue_c wrote:
Bronck wrote:Hahaha, yup. Although, it was fun walking/chatting and seeing the neighborhood.

Don't get me wrong. I don't regret it, and I can see myself doing the same thing many times in the future.

ETA: NYC <3

Couldn't agree more. Will obvs spend time relaxing in Central Park as well.

smokeylarue

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Alcohol budget always goes over what you think it will.... Can we make a pact that no one will buy each other rounds, everyone get your own shit at the bars lol

StrictlyBusiness

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:20 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Alcohol budget always goes over what you think it will.... Can we make a pact that no one will buy each other rounds, everyone get your own shit at the bars lol

If I had a nickel beer for every time I promised myself I wouldn't buy a round for everyone, I'd be very rich drunk.

gloriouscause

Postby gloriouscause » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:I've watched that an embarrassing number of times.

I make a living as a musician - that was really well done.

gloriouscause wrote:Admitted very recently. Has anyone else admitted int he last few weeks received financial aid offers yet? how long should we expect to wait? Sorry if this has already been brought up, I just found this thread.

Took a couple weeks for them to get back to me

Brutal, that doesn't give me very much time. If any time at all. Thanks for the info. And that sucks Corrupty

StrictlyBusiness

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 pm

gloriouscause wrote:
Brutal, that doesn't give me very much time. If any time at all. Thanks for the info. And that sucks Corrupty

I just completed my financial info and sent them my stuff on Monday, but they seemed pretty confident that it wouldn't be more than a week or so. Everything seems to be accelerated as deadlines approach.

Corrupty

Postby Corrupty » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:24 am

gloriouscause wrote:
Elliott_Smith wrote:I've watched that an embarrassing number of times.

I make a living as a musician - that was really well done.

gloriouscause wrote:Admitted very recently. Has anyone else admitted int he last few weeks received financial aid offers yet? how long should we expect to wait? Sorry if this has already been brought up, I just found this thread.

Took a couple weeks for them to get back to me

Yeah, I'm not sure what the hold up is. I'm not terribly concerned because I'm definitely going to Columbia, but I don't want to deposit before I'm given an offer.

gloriouscause

Postby gloriouscause » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:09 am

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
gloriouscause wrote:

I just completed my financial info and sent them my stuff on Monday, but they seemed pretty confident that it wouldn't be more than a week or so. Everything seems to be accelerated as deadlines approach.
[quote="StrictlyBusinuess"]

Wow, that's good to hear. The sooner the better. Are you leaning toward Columbia regardless?

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:16 am

Was tired of waiting for Stanford to get back to me.... Just deposited at Columbia. If I get a call from Stanford in the next week, then so be it. I'll just tell myself that I only got in because I deposited to Columbia before hearing back :lol: :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”