In at Columbia 2015: Blue Pride__Poll better than nyu's ha

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why have you decieded to join this Pride

My mama made me
8%
I love to make cash and lots of it
28%
Makes me more appealing to the opposite sex
13%
Columbia is the only place that could contain my swagger
33%
I simply like to waste away reading in a library for hours
18%

Total votes: 97

Nelson

Re: In at Columbia 2015: Blue Pride...Poll better than nyu's ha

Postby Nelson » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Bronck wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Bronck wrote:On the front side of the second page ("Columbia Law School Federal Direct Loan Request Form"), it asks for our name, SS#, and Columbia ID Number.....

Since we don't have Columbia ID Numbers yet, what are we supposed to do?

I looked at that this weekend and there's a bunch of info that only seems to apply to 2Ls and 3Ls. I'm just going to leave anything I can't answer blank.

Has anyone asked if we can just scan that thing and email it to them or does it have to be mailed hardcopy?

Yeah, that was honestly going to be my plan as well.

Not sure about your question, but we have to send in 2011/10 tax forms as well... so I was planning on sending the Questionnaire and tax forms in one packet to them.

Yeah, though I was going to email my taxes as well. I guess I'll call them this week sometime. I think demanding copies of our taxes is pretty ridiculous. They're already requiring all of that information on NeedAccess so it's just hoops to jump through. I'd better get one of Columbia's nominal 10k/yr deals after all this...

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Nelson wrote:Yeah, though I was going to email my taxes as well. I guess I'll call them this week sometime. I think demanding copies of our taxes is pretty ridiculous. They're already requiring all of that information on NeedAccess so it's just hoops to jump through. I'd better get one of Columbia's nominal 10k/yr deals after all this...

Hadn't thought of emailing taxes. Be sure to let us know what they say about that :D

Hah, seriously. Definitely going to send them a negotiation email once I get more info from Chicago and NYU.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Bronck wrote:Is anyone working on their Financial Aid Questionnaire?

On the front side of the second page ("Columbia Law School Federal Direct Loan Request Form"), it asks for our name, SS#, and Columbia ID Number.....

Also, if we signed a Master Promissory Note for undergrad, do we have to resign it for Grad school (Stafford and Grad PLUS)?

Is the Financial Aid Questionnaire in one of the packets? I did the FAFSA and Need Access but I don't know what this is referring to...

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:22 pm

snehpets wrote:

On the front side of the second page ("Columbia Law School Federal Direct Loan Request Form"), it asks for our name, SS#, and Columbia ID Number.....

Also, if we signed a Master Promissory Note for undergrad, do we have to resign it for Grad school (Stafford and Grad PLUS)?

Is the Financial Aid Questionnaire in one of the packets? I did the FAFSA and Need Access but I don't know what this is referring to...

Did you get the Admitted Student Handbook? It's the big blue binder they send. The FAQ is the form at the end of the Financial Aid section of it.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Bronck wrote:
snehpets wrote:

Did you get the Admitted Student Handbook? It's the big blue binder they send. The FAQ is the form at the end of the Financial Aid section of it.

I'm really grateful for this thread because I probably wouldn't have looked at that section otherwise. Thanks!

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:20 am

Why the hell is the Columbia CU (merged with Bethex) located in the Bronx?

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:21 pm

No idea what Columbia CU is.

One thing I do love about Columbia is how much freaking stuff they send you in the mail. This is awesome.

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 pm

snehpets wrote:No idea what Columbia CU is.

One thing I do love about Columbia is how much freaking stuff they send you in the mail. This is awesome.

+1 haha I love it too! Except for I'm running out of places to put this stuff in my tiny NYC apartment. :lol:

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:01 pm

snehpets wrote:No idea what Columbia CU is.

Federal Credit Union. I'll be changing credit unions once I matriculate (whether it's to NYU or CLS) since my current one is just a small regional one.

And seriously :o I just got the HUGE packet of info on employment/classes + the CLS magazine. And then they also sent me the NYC guide.

pineappledazzler

Postby pineappledazzler » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

everything's getting sent to my house and I'm at school til spring break - I guess I'll have a lot to look at when I get back to massachusetts!

MissElphaba

Postby MissElphaba » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:47 pm

So. Much. Mail. I feel so loved!

MiAiLi

Postby MiAiLi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Checking in!

captainwasabi09

Postby captainwasabi09 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 am

checking in guys

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 am

Congrats :D

SpoonForkSpork

Postby SpoonForkSpork » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:26 am

Last edited by SpoonForkSpork on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:44 pm

In case anyone was curious, I called their FinAid office today and emailed scans of everything (Columbia questionnaire and taxes) are fine. They said that your parents' taxes are required for the financial aid review, so send in 2010 if your folks aren't filing until after March 1. They gave me a boilerplate warning about not emailing my SSN, but at this point my financial aid information is all over the country sitting in various email inboxes so I'm not too worried about it...

jungminnee

Postby jungminnee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:06 pm

checking in

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Nelson wrote:In case anyone was curious, I called their FinAid office today and emailed scans of everything (Columbia questionnaire and taxes) are fine. They said that your parents' taxes are required for the financial aid review, so send in 2010 if your folks aren't filing until after March 1. They gave me a boilerplate warning about not emailing my SSN, but at this point my financial aid information is all over the country sitting in various email inboxes so I'm not too worried about it...

Hmm, interesting. Tempting to do this instead of mailing. Although some of the documents require SSN, so how would we even get around emailing the SSN?

caminante

Postby caminante » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Anyone here going to the "Mondays in Columbia" this upcoming Monday? I'm starting to get excited for it :) I'm about 50/50 between Columbia and Harvard right now, so I'm looking forward to seeing how each visit goes in the next couple of weeks!

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Bronck wrote:
Nelson wrote:In case anyone was curious, I called their FinAid office today and emailed scans of everything (Columbia questionnaire and taxes) are fine. They said that your parents' taxes are required for the financial aid review, so send in 2010 if your folks aren't filing until after March 1. They gave me a boilerplate warning about not emailing my SSN, but at this point my financial aid information is all over the country sitting in various email inboxes so I'm not too worried about it...

Hmm, interesting. Tempting to do this instead of mailing. Although some of the documents require SSN, so how would we even get around emailing the SSN?

They told me that I should fax it for security. I don't really care about emailing my SSN so I just emailed it all.

Caminante wrote:Anyone here going to the "Mondays in Columbia" this upcoming Monday? I'm starting to get excited for it I'm about 50/50 between Columbia and Harvard right now, so I'm looking forward to seeing how each visit goes in the next couple of weeks!

I'll be there most likely.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Nelson wrote:They told me that I should fax it for security. I don't really care about emailing my SSN so I just emailed it all.

Fair enough. If we fax, should our LSAC# be on each sheet in case they get displaced?

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:57 pm

caminante wrote:Anyone here going to the "Mondays in Columbia" this upcoming Monday? I'm starting to get excited for it :) I'm about 50/50 between Columbia and Harvard right now, so I'm looking forward to seeing how each visit goes in the next couple of weeks!

I'll be there! I'm also in the same Harvard/Columbia boat, so +1 to all of that too :)

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:10 pm

caminante wrote:Anyone here going to the "Mondays in Columbia" this upcoming Monday? I'm starting to get excited for it :) I'm about 50/50 between Columbia and Harvard right now, so I'm looking forward to seeing how each visit goes in the next couple of weeks!

I am most likely going to this event on Monday! They gave me a travel stipend too, which is nice. I'm pretty excited to finally visit a law school.

jec3550

Postby jec3550 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 pm

I'll be there as well - definitely looking forward to it. Also, checking in!

caminante

Postby caminante » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:33 pm

freestallion wrote:

I am most likely going to this event on Monday! They gave me a travel stipend too, which is nice. I'm pretty excited to finally visit a law school.

Where did you apply for the stipend? I vaguely remember seeing something about this, but can't remember if I applied yet.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”