HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
friendly15

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby friendly15 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 am

Dinged via email about an hour ago. 173/3.7, 3 years WE, non-URM, non-international. Held 4/6.

brogoc

Postby brogoc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 am

Nelson wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:It says "PhD" on brog's profile. I don't know if that means he has one or is applying to one...

That being said, this slow ding/WL procession is nerve wracking, especially if there are no more KB1s to throw in there for shits and giggles.

Oh yeah. Weird. But he got into Stanford. Nontrad cycles can be unpredictable.

I'm still hoping for more KB1s, but it doesn't seem like it would make much sense to have another round before the deposit deadline.

Actually LSP was pretty accurate for my cycle:

'Consider' at Y,H -> ding
'Strong Consider' at S,C,N -> in
other than B, accepted everywhere else except a couple obvious YPs

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 am

TurkDorian wrote:Rejected this morning 174 and 3.7 held 1/13 still disappointing despite it being expected
brogoc wrote:Ding by email. About time. 173/3.85, non-urm, non-international, early december submit, held late march. Cycle complete.

K.B. Must be on something this morning (or whenever she made these decisions).

Doorkeeper wrote:
That being said, this slow ding/WL procession is nerve wracking, especially if there are no more KB1s to throw in there for shits and giggles.

yeah I'm not too sure about getting KB1's b4 the deadline...because that means they would have to be sent out today, the interview done tomorrow which gives them anywhere from Saturday till Monday to get back to u...not sure how likely this scenarios is.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:38 am

sharktankdean wrote:yeah I'm not too sure about getting KB1's b4 the deadline...because that means they would have to be sent out today, the interview done tomorrow which gives them anywhere from Saturday till Monday to get back to u...not sure how likely this scenarios is.

Yea. The timeline doesn't work very well. I've seen people have the KB1 interview and get the KB2 the same day, but I think that was WL people. That being said, yea, unless KB1 emails come out today for an interview tomorrow, it's really not possible.

This being said, the LSN waitlist is wayyyyy too small considering the amount of people waitlisted on past years, so I anticipate more WLs coming.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:yeah I'm not too sure about getting KB1's b4 the deadline...because that means they would have to be sent out today, the interview done tomorrow which gives them anywhere from Saturday till Monday to get back to u...not sure how likely this scenarios is.

Yea. The timeline doesn't work very well. I've seen people have the KB1 interview and get the KB2 the same day, but I think that was WL people. That being said, yea, unless KB1 emails come out today for an interview tomorrow, it's really not possible.

This being said, the LSN waitlist is wayyyyy too small considering the amount of people waitlisted on past years, so I anticipate more WLs coming.

Odds of getting in off the WL?

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 am

Geneva wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

Not great, but better than most because HLS is so big.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 am

Nelson wrote:
Geneva wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

Not great, but better than most because HLS is so big.

I have no idea about the numerical percentage, but HLS definitely has a more active waitlist than Y or S. Normally on LSN about 14-16 people get off the WL. If you extrapolate that out to the total applicant pool, it's a significant number of people. This being said, I have no idea how many people are waitlisted in total.

aekea

Postby aekea » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am

Dinged this morning. Not sure why it took this long. Applied November, held 1/27, 3.6 and 178 non-URM 1 year WE. Good luck everyone!

RopeisaJoke

Postby RopeisaJoke » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Sorry about all the rejections guys, it's unfair that Harvard would make you wait this long just to be rejected. For the rest of us: Have we been able to identify a pattern at all for those of us that are Jan. held -> nothing? I've got mediocre numbers but a graduate degree and some unique WE, is that what's common?

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

RopeisaJoke wrote:Sorry about all the rejections guys, it's unfair that Harvard would make you wait this long just to be rejected. For the rest of us: Have we been able to identify a pattern at all for those of us that are Jan. held -> nothing? I've got mediocre numbers but a graduate degree and some unique WE, is that what's common?

indeed, I'm very scared about all the rejections on the holds. So cruel lol. As for me, Held Jan 13, one year out of undergrad, some mediocre WE. so WHO knows!

larsoner

Postby larsoner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm a January Hold -> Nothing. 171/3.88. Straight out of undergrad no significant WE but some good and different softs for an undergrad.

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm

The realization that a ding might be imminent is prett sad. Since being held I had this what if mentality and now don't know what to think..

Applied to Harvard hoping my softs were different from others but now I don't know if that's enough.

rotaxkarter

Postby rotaxkarter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 pm

SLS just gave me a decision...Waiting on you H to end my cycle :)

QuasiAmbitious

Postby QuasiAmbitious » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:10 pm

I think we will all hear back tomorrow. Today they seemed to have been busy with calling KB/JS1s--the interviews are taking up the bulk of their time (as per the other Harvard thread). Also, I'd there are a lot of interviews today, I think it's safe to say they're done with acceptances. That must have been the last batch.

Edit: Although I'm very disappointed in the fact that they're waiting until the very last day to reject/WL us. Did I really have to wait more than 6 months, days before final deposit deadlines, to know I won't be going?

Istayedhere

Postby Istayedhere » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Well, there goes another day.. Tomorrow has got to be it, eh?

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:55 am

Istayedhere wrote:Well, there goes another day.. Tomorrow has got to be it, eh?

Friday, we MUST hear something on a Friday.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:

I hate to be a downer, but Monday is possible too...

This being said, I was afraid to open my email this morning.

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:

I'm predicting a ding/WL storm followed by KB2s for the remaining lucky few, followed by KB1's (HA!). :lol:

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

Elendil wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:

I'm predicting a ding/WL storm followed by KB2s for the remaining lucky few, followed by KB1's (HA!). :lol:

Yea, the first two parts of this totally make sense. There aren't nearly the amount of WLs on LSN as normal for Harvard.

This being said, if they're pressed for time, they could just, you know, skip right to the KB2 for me. I'm cool with not having to interview.

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

Still waiting for the bloodbath. I doubt it'll be today. Probably Monday?

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am

Nelson wrote:Still waiting for the bloodbath. I doubt it'll be today. Probably Monday?

I find cutting this many people loose on the LAST possible day a little bit unethical. But whatever.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

Nelson wrote:Still waiting for the bloodbath. I doubt it'll be today. Probably Monday?

Haha of course! Why not wait until literally the very last moment to kill people's illusions of hope? :D

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:50 am

Elendil wrote:

I find cutting this many people loose on the LAST possible day a little bit unethical. But whatever.

I so agree. I know they have the "right" technically but honestly.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm

This wait is driving me insane.

That is all.

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:This wait is driving me insane.

That is all.

I've been thinking that we MUST hear something today. Now I'm starting to think Monday. :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”