HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mushybrain
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby mushybrain » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:06 pm

erikjc wrote:How they notify you of WL/rejection?

Email

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby rotaxkarter » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 am

Elendil wrote:
poe wrote:
MobyDick wrote:
Take Two wrote:Submitted mid Oct. Over 6 months lol. Jan hold. Still nothing...

+1 same here

on a related note, how are you not accepted already??


Also in this boat...


Same.


+1, submitted early November, though. Not to get our hopes up, but I would be incredibly surprised if all of us were rejected considering our strong numbers.


4/23 seems like a good day for decisions...anyone at Harvard reading this? :)

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 am

rotaxkarter wrote:
Elendil wrote:
poe wrote:
MobyDick wrote:Also in this boat...


Same.


+1, submitted early November, though. Not to get our hopes up, but I would be incredibly surprised if all of us were rejected considering our strong numbers.


4/23 seems like a good day for decisions...anyone at Harvard reading this? :)


Well they only have 6 more days to choose from...

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Greenandgold » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:22 am

erikjc wrote:How they notify you of WL/rejection?


Email

EvelynS
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:31 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby EvelynS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am

Any movement today :?:

PBJones
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby PBJones » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey guys. I'm held (173/175/3.7, non-urm). Held late feb. Does anyone have any estimate as to how much longer they'll be dealing with held files? (I am not going to be riding the waitlist, so this is off interest to me).

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 pm

PBJones wrote:Hey guys. I'm held (173/175/3.7, non-urm). Held late feb. Does anyone have any estimate as to how much longer they'll be dealing with held files? (I am not going to be riding the waitlist, so this is off interest to me).

Common Sense would say that they should give us a decision (A/R/WL) in the next week, as the deposit deadline is May 1st. but who knows what Harvard is planning to do with us.

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
PBJones wrote:Hey guys. I'm held (173/175/3.7, non-urm). Held late feb. Does anyone have any estimate as to how much longer they'll be dealing with held files? (I am not going to be riding the waitlist, so this is off interest to me).

Common Sense would say that they should give us a decision (A/R/WL) in the next week, as the deposit deadline is May 1st. but who knows what Harvard is planning to do with us.


Common sense went out the window when that 4/4 held email said "you might want to deposit elsewhere if we haven't gotten back to you by mid-April."

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
PBJones wrote:Hey guys. I'm held (173/175/3.7, non-urm). Held late feb. Does anyone have any estimate as to how much longer they'll be dealing with held files? (I am not going to be riding the waitlist, so this is off interest to me).

Common Sense would say that they should give us a decision (A/R/WL) in the next week, as the deposit deadline is May 1st. but who knows what Harvard is planning to do with us.


Common sense went out the window when that 4/4 held email said "you might want to deposit elsewhere if we haven't gotten back to you by mid-April."


This. I would very much LIKE to hear back by May 1 but I don't think its guaranteed. At this point thought, rejecting us would just be cruel. To apply in October and wait till May just to be rejected? Cruel.

User avatar
larsoner
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby larsoner » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
PBJones wrote:Hey guys. I'm held (173/175/3.7, non-urm). Held late feb. Does anyone have any estimate as to how much longer they'll be dealing with held files? (I am not going to be riding the waitlist, so this is off interest to me).

Common Sense would say that they should give us a decision (A/R/WL) in the next week, as the deposit deadline is May 1st. but who knows what Harvard is planning to do with us.


Common sense went out the window when that 4/4 held email said "you might want to deposit elsewhere if we haven't gotten back to you by mid-April."


This. I would very much LIKE to hear back by May 1 but I don't think its guaranteed. At this point thought, rejecting us would just be cruel. To apply in October and wait till May just to be rejected? Cruel.


...but its going to happen to most of us.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 pm

larsoner wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
This. I would very much LIKE to hear back by May 1 but I don't think its guaranteed. At this point thought, rejecting us would just be cruel. To apply in October and wait till May just to be rejected? Cruel.


...but its going to happen to most of us.


really? i assumed the majority of the left over holds, or at least the ones held in january or before, would be WL. Yes im sure there are some rejections in there but most? Well that sucks haha.

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
larsoner wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
This. I would very much LIKE to hear back by May 1 but I don't think its guaranteed. At this point thought, rejecting us would just be cruel. To apply in October and wait till May just to be rejected? Cruel.


...but its going to happen to most of us.


really? i assumed the majority of the left over holds, or at least the ones held in january or before, would be WL. Yes im sure there are some rejections in there but most? Well that sucks haha.


Well considering that the WL ultimately results in no admittance for most of us: same thing, more waiting.

lsatTakerguy
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby lsatTakerguy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Just got my WL e-mail today -never had a JS1

slimchance
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby slimchance » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Any movement/guesses on holds??? I'm dying.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby jetissent » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am

Waitlisted just now. Submitted 11/2 Held in Jan, KB1 Last week of march.

chucklesmcgee
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby chucklesmcgee » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 am

WLed just now. October submit, held in January, no KB1. URM.

It's been a long ride.

lawp389
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby lawp389 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:29 am

WL this morning as well

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Elendil » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:32 am

Beginning of a WL flood, maybe? Condolences/Congratulations to all, depending on your perspective! :)

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:34 am

Elendil wrote:Beginning of a WL flood, maybe? Condolences/Congratulations to all, depending on your perspective! :)

Yea...I think it's a WL flood for the rest of the week.

I think they are whittling down their last files that are either a maybe KB1 or WL, or maybe WL or Ding. My thought is the former because I'm looking through LSN and many of the people still waiting to hear have strong numbers. Plus, I'm just praying that's the case.
Last edited by Doorkeeper on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Nelson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 am

I'm starting to sense a ding headed my way.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby pupshaw » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:38 am

Nelson wrote:I'm starting to sense a ding headed my way.


+1. Trying to stay optimistic but getting worried.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

cerealdan wrote:
Nelson wrote:I'm starting to sense a ding headed my way.


+1. Trying to stay optimistic but getting worried.


Now I'm starting to get worried!

I need some positive vibes, or I'm going to freak the fuck out.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 am

On a positive note, I looked back in LSN on the amount of people WL at Harvard over the past three years, and this year so far there are not nearly enough of people WL. There have to be a lot more WL emails to be sent out. This doesn't preclude more dings, but it does mean that more WLs should be coming.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Elendil » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:56 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
cerealdan wrote:
Nelson wrote:I'm starting to sense a ding headed my way.


+1. Trying to stay optimistic but getting worried.


Now I'm starting to get worried!

I need some positive vibes, or I'm going to freak the fuck out.


Patience, Doorkeeper. No need to panic.

Image

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 am

Waitlisted.

Although, this makes me feel better after the double-ding I received at Yale, and the silence I have from Stanford.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”