HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby soj » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Yay Jet! :mrgreen:

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby EMZE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:11 pm

jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Major congrats!

With similar dates, I fight to quiet any hope generated by this.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby jetissent » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 pm

brogoc wrote:
jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Enjoy the NYU ASW with this on your mind. 8) And congrats!


Haha exactly. I don't know when I'm going to prepare. Oh well!

Thanks Taketwo! :)

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:56 pm

EMZE wrote:
jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Major congrats!

With similar dates, I fight to quiet any hope generated by this.


Congrats Jet!! Seriously rooting for you!!

And I hear you EMZE, as part of the first round holds this makes hope so unfortunately alive.

User avatar
larsoner
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby larsoner » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:02 pm

jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Yay!

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby seahawk32 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 pm

jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Hurrah! Held movement is good movement.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Elendil » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Congrats Jet! Hoping for more movement into the second round of holds soon... :lol:

BaseballT
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby BaseballT » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm

jetissent wrote:
brogoc wrote:
jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Enjoy the NYU ASW with this on your mind. 8) And congrats!


Haha exactly. I don't know when I'm going to prepare. Oh well!

Thanks Taketwo! :)



Congrats Jetissent! Did you write a LOCI after you were held?

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby adam1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Have there been any JS1/KB1s for February holds?

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:09 am

jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Congrats and BEST OF LUCK!

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby jetissent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:14 am

Wow, that was a lot of encouragement! You guys are the best. :)

I did send a LOCI, it probably arrive about 2 weeks ago. I didn't have much time to prepare because of NYU ASW but I think the call went decently. KB was exceedingly charming and kept the tone very informal. It was a much more pleasant experience than I anticipated. But boy did I under estimate the anxiety that follow--every phone call gives me a heart attack. Here's hoping for that send call and good luck to everyone waiting! :)

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Take Two » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 pm

you got this Jet! :D

User avatar
nids333
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby nids333 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 pm

jetissent wrote:Wow, that was a lot of encouragement! You guys are the best. :)

I did send a LOCI, it probably arrive about 2 weeks ago. I didn't have much time to prepare because of NYU ASW but I think the call went decently. KB was exceedingly charming and kept the tone very informal. It was a much more pleasant experience than I anticipated. But boy did I under estimate the anxiety that follow--every phone call gives me a heart attack. Here's hoping for that send call and good luck to everyone waiting! :)



Congrats on the interview! Did she by chance let you know when you would hear back by?

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby jetissent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:07 pm

She did not unfortunately and I was too hesitant to ask directly. did you have an interview recently as well?

User avatar
Cosmopolitanist
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Cosmopolitanist » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 am

I'm just going to ask anyone interviewing to marry me. Can't hurt. I'm a darned catch.

HEAR THAT ADCOMM? You can have the whole package.

Just...you know...call me sometime?

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Geneva » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 am

Cosmopolitanist wrote:I'm just going to ask anyone interviewing to marry me. Can't hurt. I'm a darned catch.

HEAR THAT ADCOMM? You can have the whole package.

Just...you know...call me sometime?


LOVE THIS.

user_france
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby user_france » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 am

I was held on 3/16 without an interview and haven't heard anything. I sent in a LOCI as well as two new glowing recommendations. Anyone care to speculate on what my chances are?

ashika2212
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby ashika2212 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:36 am

Out of curiosity.. did you congratulate her on her baby! :lol:

User avatar
Wonk
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Wonk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 am

ashika2212 wrote:Out of curiosity.. did you congratulate her on her baby! :lol:

Ha I actually thought about doing this on the phone but decided it would sound way too stalker-ish.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby jetissent » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am

Wonk wrote:
ashika2212 wrote:Out of curiosity.. did you congratulate her on her baby! :lol:

Ha I actually thought about doing this on the phone but decided it would sound way too stalker-ish.


+1

If I get a KB2 I'll do it then. :)

QuasiAmbitious
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby QuasiAmbitious » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 am

Checking in.

User avatar
Wonk
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Wonk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 am

jetissent wrote:
Wonk wrote:
ashika2212 wrote:Out of curiosity.. did you congratulate her on her baby! :lol:

Ha I actually thought about doing this on the phone but decided it would sound way too stalker-ish.


+1

If I get a KB2 I'll do it then. :)

+1

Did you have your KB1 on Friday, too?

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Geneva » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:17 pm

how many held URMs have been asked to interview/accepted? i feel like harvard is sitting on the pile of URM apps until the rest of the class is filled. please correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like only the strongest urm candidates have been admitted thus far.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Geneva wrote:how many held URMs have been asked to interview/accepted? i feel like harvard is sitting on the pile of URM apps until the rest of the class is filled. please correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like only the strongest urm candidates have been admitted thus far.


Hard to say what the actual number is. I'm a 25th/75th splitter URM and haven't gotten any movement. I can only speak for myself though...

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby amc987 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Geneva wrote:how many held URMs have been asked to interview/accepted? i feel like harvard is sitting on the pile of URM apps until the rest of the class is filled. please correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like only the strongest urm candidates have been admitted thus far.


I don't know that this is accurate. Looking at LSN, I'd say that you were probably right. Almost all the URMs who were accepted had extremely high GPAs, and a few had LSATs in the 170-174 range to match. However, since early-March, it seems like those who have been interviewed have been less competitive on paper. I know of a couple of people who are below both 25ths who were interviewed and one who was accepted.

http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... order=desc

The usual issues about LSN not being representative of the general applicant pool are salient, but I don't think you can say that only the numerically strongest URM candidates have been accepted so far.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, ladida88, lmcghee, sonyco and 8 guests