HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

TammyG wrote:Checking in! Got the email today. :shock:

Woah, congrats!

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby me!0712 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Got the email today as well! At least it's not an outright ding

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

me!0712 wrote:Got the email today as well! At least it's not an outright ding

Oh, so you guys got the email that you were held, not for a JS1? I was thinking we finally had some more held -> JS1's (or whatever we're calling them now... KB1?)

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby me!0712 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
me!0712 wrote:Got the email today as well! At least it's not an outright ding

Oh, so you guys got the email that you were held, not for a JS1? I was thinking we finally had some more held -> JS1's (or whatever we're calling them now... KB1?)


Yeah got the email for being held not for KB1. I wish I had gotten an email for KB1 though!! =P

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby me!0712 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 pm

So, I am completely torn about sending in another LOR. I know that in one of the blogs it says that an LOR is not "necessary" but it doesn't say that we are not allowed to send one. Right? I just really think that this letter might help. It is from a judge I worked with and he is a Harvard alum. I guess I'm just torn because I think they might be questioning why I didn't send this LOR earlier but he barely offered after finding out that I had been held. What do you guys think? And also how should I send it in through LSAC? Or should I just tell him to send it directly to Harvard via snail mail?

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Geneva » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:42 am

me!0712 wrote:So, I am completely torn about sending in another LOR. I know that in one of the blogs it says that an LOR is not "necessary" but it doesn't say that we are not allowed to send one. Right? I just really think that this letter might help. It is from a judge I worked with and he is a Harvard alum. I guess I'm just torn because I think they might be questioning why I didn't send this LOR earlier but he barely offered after finding out that I had been held. What do you guys think? And also how should I send it in through LSAC? Or should I just tell him to send it directly to Harvard via snail mail?


If he barely offered and it's not personal, IDK how much it will help. I think it may be worth sending if it will be strong, but if you are unsure about that, I wouldn't bother

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Geneva » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:43 am

Also, I was JUST HELD at HLS today! Wondering if that puts me in a weaker position than people that were held months ago, since some of them are already getting interviews?

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby me!0712 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:48 am

Geneva wrote:
me!0712 wrote:So, I am completely torn about sending in another LOR. I know that in one of the blogs it says that an LOR is not "necessary" but it doesn't say that we are not allowed to send one. Right? I just really think that this letter might help. It is from a judge I worked with and he is a Harvard alum. I guess I'm just torn because I think they might be questioning why I didn't send this LOR earlier but he barely offered after finding out that I had been held. What do you guys think? And also how should I send it in through LSAC? Or should I just tell him to send it directly to Harvard via snail mail?


If he barely offered and it's not personal, IDK how much it will help. I think it may be worth sending if it will be strong, but if you are unsure about that, I wouldn't bother


I think it will be strong. Plus I already asked him.. So I think I might just send it. Btw congrats on being held it's better than a rejection. I don't think you will be in a worst position than the people who were held earlier

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Elric » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Just got the held email yesterday :D

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby me!0712 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 pm

So... I was looking through last year's hold thread and it seems that everybody on TLS who was held near the time that I was held (two days ago) got WL :(( Made me very depressed :( I think I will give up on Harvard so as to not get my hopes brutally crushed... :/

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Geneva » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:16 am

me!0712 wrote:So... I was looking through last year's hold thread and it seems that everybody on TLS who was held near the time that I was held (two days ago) got WL :(( Made me very depressed :( I think I will give up on Harvard so as to not get my hopes brutally crushed... :/


Aw. How about earlier held people? I wonder how people held now fare in comparison to the group that was held earlier? Perhaps the only difference is that we applied later in the cycle?

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby me!0712 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Geneva wrote:
me!0712 wrote:So... I was looking through last year's hold thread and it seems that everybody on TLS who was held near the time that I was held (two days ago) got WL :(( Made me very depressed :( I think I will give up on Harvard so as to not get my hopes brutally crushed... :/


Aw. How about earlier held people? I wonder how people held now fare in comparison to the group that was held earlier? Perhaps the only difference is that we applied later in the cycle?


Actually I think it was the same for all held people. Most were wait listed. I am not sure how we fare in comparison to the people who were held earlier, Im thinking if its this late in the cycle and we were still placed on hold that could be a good thing because they've already seen A LOT of applications and still decided to not outright reject us.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Have people been getting rejected? Or is everyone who was placed on Hold in February pretty much still on Hold?

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:26 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Have people been getting rejected? Or is everyone who was placed on Hold in February pretty much still on Hold?

There have been some rejections in the past week or two.
Last edited by Doorkeeper on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm

I remember some URM movement - were there also non-urm rejections?

whentheworldcavesin
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby whentheworldcavesin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:33 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Have people been getting rejected? Or is everyone who was placed on Hold in February pretty much still on Hold?



I was held on 1/13/12, and I still haven't heard back.

User avatar
whenwin
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby whenwin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:44 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:I remember some URM movement - were there also non-urm rejections?


Pretty sure most of the hold->JS1 URMs didn't get JS2s, which is interesting. And sad. =(

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby brogoc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 am

Checking in. I was part of the big group of holds on Friday right before the switch from JS back to KB.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:06 pm

brogoc wrote:Checking in. I was part of the big group of holds on Friday right before the switch from JS back to KB.


Same! Are most people sending in LOCI? Crazy question, but does Harvard care at all about acceptances to peer schools?

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby brogoc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 am

loci sent. if this doesn't convince them probably nothing will.

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby AmandaPB » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 am

Sent in an updated resume yesterday for funsies. Will most likely not convince them.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby jetissent » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:55 am

KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.

lawhopeful2012
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby lawhopeful2012 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 am

wow just now? congrats!

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby brogoc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 pm

jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


Enjoy the NYU ASW with this on your mind. 8) And congrats!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Take Two » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 pm

jetissent wrote:KB1! Didn't see that coming lol. Sub early nov held in the first round.


AHHHH CONGRATS JET! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Bing [Bot], hopeful applicant, jprath2, lawschoolbound2017, VapidP and 36 guests