HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nulli Secundus

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Nulli Secundus » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Application received: LSAC sends the application to school.
Application under review: "Hey are you still printing out the application we received two weeks ago?"
Application complete: "Yeah, finally done. We should really request new printers man, these suck..."
Held: "Hey take these files off my desk and put them over there please"
Application under reviewx2 (hold date) -> The date application arrives to the next desk

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Application received: LSAC sends the application to school.
Application under review: "Hey are you still printing out the application we received two weeks ago?"
Application complete: "Yeah, finally done. We should really request new printers man, these suck..."
Held: "Hey take these files off my desk and put them over there please"
Application under reviewx2 (hold date) -> The date application arrives to the next desk

...Decisions:

Acception: "Flawless Victory"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fc7nib9ees

Wait-List: "Wellll, lets leave you hanging on to that little insignificant thread you call hope in obtaining your dream of attending"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qF_qbaWt3Q

Rejection: "How in the hell did this turd land on my desk; someone flush it asap "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUiErKvj ... =endscreen

cogitoergosum

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:Acception

I kinda like acception better than acceptance. It sounds like a religious event... like absolution. Then when we go to our skull and bones society meeting as HLS students we can all speak in latin about our mirabilia die acception.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:21 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:

I kinda like acception better than acceptance. It sounds like a religious event... like absolution. Then when we go to our skull and bones society meeting as HLS students we can all speak in latin about our mirabilia die acception.

We're getting into Harvard AND YALE?? SWEET!

:mrgreen:

cogitoergosum

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:24 pm

zworykin wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:

We're getting into Harvard AND YALE?? SWEET!

:mrgreen:

Dammit... I need to do a little more homework on secret societies...

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:

Precisely, make sure to wear the brown cloak; no one likes to be the ass in white. :wink:

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:43 pm

I only count one rejection on LSN for students complete 12/22 or later. So I'm doubtful that a hold for someone with that complete date or later means anything, even that the application has met some minimum standard. I'm 3.35 non-URM from a non-prestigious state school liberal arts major without any breathtaking soft factors. I'm assuming complete 12/22-->held really just means they haven't gotten around to analyzing the pile. I would loooove to think they're desperate for my LSAT, but I think that's reaching at this point.:(

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 pm

suspicious android wrote:I only count one rejection on LSN for students complete 12/22 or later. So I'm doubtful that a hold for someone with that complete date or later means anything, even that the application has met some minimum standard. I'm 3.35 non-URM from a non-prestigious state school liberal arts major without any breathtaking soft factors. I'm assuming complete 12/22-->held really just means they haven't gotten around to analyzing the pile. I would loooove to think they're desperate for my LSAT, but I think that's reaching at this point.:(

I don't think this is necessarily correct. For one, I have terrible stats and was complete 11/22 and 12/1 (or UR or whatever). For two, I think 12/22 just happened to be an "update" day. I added a LOR and it was processed on the status checker on that date.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 am

Killingly wrote:
I don't think this is necessarily correct. For one, I have terrible stats and was complete 11/22 and 12/1 (or UR or whatever). For two, I think 12/22 just happened to be an "update" day. I added a LOR and it was processed on the status checker on that date.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If you were complete well before 12/22, I wouldn't think what I was talking about applies, since there have been plenty of people rejected from earlier in the cycle. So it seems logical that there's something that they at least like about your application, since they didn't reject it. Since basically no one has been rejected from 12/22 on, it's hard to see that being true for us later applicants. Is there some other angle I'm missing?

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 am

suspicious android wrote:
Killingly wrote:

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If you were complete well before 12/22, I wouldn't think what I was talking about applies, since there have been plenty of people rejected from earlier in the cycle. So it seems logical that there's something that they at least like about your application, since they didn't reject it. Since basically no one has been rejected from 12/22 on, it's hard to see that being true for us later applicants. Is there some other angle I'm missing?

Sorry, I guess I was just saying that I don't think you can really discern exactly at what date the holds where just held because the pile hadn't been analyzed yet.

This is probably making no sense, and I apologize for that.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Harvard, why does thou piss me off?

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Sooo, question that I'm sure has been asked many times before... Will there be any more hold notifications this cycle? I mean, is that just a courtesy earlier submits get after 2 months of waiting, or does everyone get it after two months of waiting?

Today marks two months since I submitted, so I'm wondering if they will "hold" me or just give me a real decision a)soonish, b) in March, c) in April.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:56 pm

I want to know how many of you have sent in LOCIs, updated resumes, and the like.

Okay...GO.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm

I am sending a new LoR tomorrow. I think they should find it impressive that I managed to find a 3rd academic LoR 8 years after my graduation. (I refuse the allegations as to the torture of professors during my education to make a lasting impression)

ETA: Last year I sent a LOCI, but dont plan to do that this year. I feel it was ineffective just as I predicted.

- "I am still interested in attending Harvard"

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:I am sending a new LoR tomorrow. I think they should find it impressive that I managed to find a 3rd academic LoR 8 years after my graduation. (I refuse the allegations as to the torture of professors during my education to make a lasting impression)

ETA: Last year I sent a LOCI, but dont plan to do that this year. I feel it was ineffective just as I predicted.

- "I am still interested in attending Harvard"

:D

I have already sent 4 LORs...all academic...not sure if sending a professional one is advantageous or not...I mean it's Harvard...probably not getting in regardless.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
I have already sent 4 LORs...all academic...not sure if sending a professional one is advantageous or not...I mean it's Harvard...probably not getting in regardless.

I wrote what may amount to a "risky" LOCI. Since I had nothing to lose, I figured why not.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Killingly wrote:
I wrote what may amount to a "risky" LOCI. Since I had nothing to lose, I figured why not.

Oooh do explain its riskiness.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Killingly wrote:

If you're interested, I'd be willing to send it over PM/email.

adam1

Postby adam1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Killingly wrote:
Killingly wrote:

I sent an additional LOR and LOCI. My LOCI was anything but risky. It was mostly pointless. I'd also be interested in what a risky one would look like.

boosk

Postby boosk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:I want to know how many of you have sent in LOCIs, updated resumes, and the like.

Okay...GO.

I submitted a LOCI, Updated Resume, and an extra LOR

Killingly wrote:
Killingly wrote:

Please PM this to me

operagrl71

Postby operagrl71 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:53 pm

adam1 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
Killingly wrote:

I sent an additional LOR and LOCI. My LOCI was anything but risky. It was mostly pointless. I'd also be interested in what a risky one would look like.

Working on my letter now, I'd also be really interested to read a self-described "risky" LOCI as I feel mine might be unintentionally tending in that direction as well...

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Omg guys! Haha, I said it MAY be risky. I promise I didn't do anything like offer my first born or send a tuition check. I'll try to forward what I sent to TLSP. It's not the actual letter, however.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Killingly wrote:Omg guys! Haha, I said it MAY be risky. I promise I didn't do anything like offer my first born or send a tuition check. I'll try to forward what I sent to TLSP. It's not the actual letter, however.

Dammit...stop givin' away mah game plan!

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Killingly wrote:Omg guys! Haha, I said it MAY be risky. I promise I didn't do anything like offer my first born or send a tuition check. I'll try to forward what I sent to TLSP. It's not the actual letter, however.

They must get something like that every couple of cycles or so. :D

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Killingly wrote:

They must get something like that every couple of cycles or so. :D

Well as far as first-born recipients go, I must say Harvard is one of the better ones.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”