HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lilhmoney
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby lilhmoney » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:14 pm

I called today and told them I was in the January hold pile and needed to deposit at another school by May 1. They said, "ugh, yes, we're getting to those as soon as possible, go ahead and deposit at the other school."

welkertexasranger
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby welkertexasranger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Did anyone from the April 4th Hold group see any action today?


4/4 Hold, WL at 4pm. Sort of relieved--but now the interminable wait for a ding turns into the interminable waitlist.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Elric » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 pm

WL'd this afternoon (not a KB1, but I'll damn well take it!)

Dec submit, March hold, Maypril WL.
URM and Ivy UG... I think that's as barebones as I can break this cycle down. I knew Harvard would be a reach, so getting WL'd feels like everything ever in my life was worth it.

NOW I CAN WAIT SOME MORE :twisted:

BaseballT
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby BaseballT » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:24 pm

lilhmoney wrote:I called today and told them I was in the January hold pile and needed to deposit at another school by May 1. They said, "ugh, yes, we're getting to those as soon as possible, go ahead and deposit at the other school."



Wow. Well, it's good to know at least that we shouldn't hold our breath for a decision in the next (less than) day.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:03 pm

BaseballT wrote:
lilhmoney wrote:I called today and told them I was in the January hold pile and needed to deposit at another school by May 1. They said, "ugh, yes, we're getting to those as soon as possible, go ahead and deposit at the other school."



Wow. Well, it's good to know at least that we shouldn't hold our breath for a decision in the next (less than) day.


I dont understand. They're getting back to people held in March and April but not the Jan holds.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby pupshaw » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
BaseballT wrote:
lilhmoney wrote:I called today and told them I was in the January hold pile and needed to deposit at another school by May 1. They said, "ugh, yes, we're getting to those as soon as possible, go ahead and deposit at the other school."



Wow. Well, it's good to know at least that we shouldn't hold our breath for a decision in the next (less than) day.


I dont understand. They're getting back to people held in March and April but not the Jan holds.


I suspect that by "those" they just meant the holds generally. The people who got WLs today suggest that there is not a strict chronological order they're following.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm

cerealdan wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
BaseballT wrote:
lilhmoney wrote:I called today and told them I was in the January hold pile and needed to deposit at another school by May 1. They said, "ugh, yes, we're getting to those as soon as possible, go ahead and deposit at the other school."



Wow. Well, it's good to know at least that we shouldn't hold our breath for a decision in the next (less than) day.


I dont understand. They're getting back to people held in March and April but not the Jan holds.


I suspect that by "those" they just meant the holds generally. The people who got WLs today suggest that there is not a strict chronological order they're following.

Yea...there has to be a reason why some people were WL, but others haven't heard. Maybe we're borderline applicants for something, or perhaps they just haven't gotten to us. Who knows.

MattLiv12
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby MattLiv12 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 pm

I got the WL this afternoon and was held Jan 13, so I don't think there is much of a pattern here. HTH.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby amc987 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Alright, team. Who else is still standing? Do we think it's more likely that Kim Kardashian will hold political office in our lifetimes or that we'll get decisions back sometime this week?

I really hope it's the latter, because the former is beyond depressing.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Elendil » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:16 pm

amc987 wrote:Alright, team. Who else is still standing? Do we think it's more likely that Kim Kardashian will hold political office in our lifetimes or that we'll get decisions back sometime this week?

I really hope it's the latter, because the former is beyond depressing.


Alive...

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Elendil wrote:
amc987 wrote:Alright, team. Who else is still standing? Do we think it's more likely that Kim Kardashian will hold political office in our lifetimes or that we'll get decisions back sometime this week?

I really hope it's the latter, because the former is beyond depressing.


Alive...


Stayin' alive!

(Happy, unless this means a ding, which I hope it doesn't)

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Elendil wrote:
amc987 wrote:Alright, team. Who else is still standing? Do we think it's more likely that Kim Kardashian will hold political office in our lifetimes or that we'll get decisions back sometime this week?

I really hope it's the latter, because the former is beyond depressing.


Alive...


Stayin' alive!

(Happy, unless this means a ding, which I hope it doesn't)


Alive, but worried about the implications.

BaseballT
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby BaseballT » Tue May 01, 2012 6:32 am

I'm still standing as well.

bluenoser
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:47 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby bluenoser » Tue May 01, 2012 7:53 am

WL, Nov. Submit, Jan. hold.

User avatar
unchartered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby unchartered » Tue May 01, 2012 9:34 am

Faint pulse. November submit, jan 13th hold.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby pupshaw » Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 am

Once more unto the breach, dear friends.

JF215
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby JF215 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 am

checking in. still alive. jan submit. mid-march hold. URM.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Nelson » Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 am

Image

lilhmoney
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby lilhmoney » Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 am

October submit, January hold, #leftbehind

user_france
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby user_france » Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 am

#leftbehind

fairly convinced that this means I get a ding tomorrow.

JF215
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby JF215 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 am

JF215 wrote:checking in. still alive. jan submit. mid-march hold. URM.


lol jk just waitlisted.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby masked kavana » Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 am

WL :(

Nov submit, jan hold.

Sub 25th numbers non-URM latino

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby pupshaw » Tue May 01, 2012 10:11 am

And there's my wait list, finally. :(

Nov. Submit, Feb. hold.

lilhmoney
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 am

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby lilhmoney » Tue May 01, 2012 10:18 am

Just wl too.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Postby Elendil » Tue May 01, 2012 10:18 am

WL just now.
Nov. submit, January hold.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hweigel, lawlessmd and 18 guests