HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pupshaw

Silver

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Post by pupshaw » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am

So even though I've been saying this for two weeks now...we've got to hear something soon right?

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 am

We're supposed to hear by "late April", and if we're not going to, I think we would all appreciate a blog post or an email or something...

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:06 am

I'm no longer optimistic that we will hear by May 1st, but who knows what's going on up there...

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Someone just tell me when it's safe to come out.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Someone was already WL then rejected on LSN. Granted he had a 3.17 GPA, but it's funny to see that when we haven't heard anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Someone was already WL then rejected on LSN. Granted he had a 3.17 GPA, but it's funny to see that when we haven't heard anything.

are u sure he wasn't held then rejected...it seems like some people who got held..thought it was a wait list

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Someone was already WL then rejected on LSN. Granted he had a 3.17 GPA, but it's funny to see that when we haven't heard anything.

are u sure he wasn't held then rejected...it seems like some people who got held..thought it was a wait list
Yea...that's always a possibility.

Just scavenging for humor in the face of nothingness...

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

On another note, if the deposit deadline is already being extended for those admitted within the past week or so, then this might point to Harvard not caring as much about getting decisions out by May 1st, especially if there are any more KB1s to be had before they WL the rest.

Just speculating...

erikjc

Bronze

Post by erikjc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:On another note, if the deposit deadline is already being extended for those admitted within the past week or so, then this might point to Harvard not caring as much about getting decisions out by May 1st, especially if there are any more KB1s to be had before they WL the rest.

Just speculating...
I would think they'd have the decency to get all KB1s done by today (last week really), since most deadlines are tomorrow. I can understand them doing WLs and rejections after May 1, since you should have made a deposit somewhere else anyway, but getting a KB1 the day after making a $500 deposit somewhere would be annoying. Better than no KB1, but still annoying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:On another note, if the deposit deadline is already being extended for those admitted within the past week or so, then this might point to Harvard not caring as much about getting decisions out by May 1st, especially if there are any more KB1s to be had before they WL the rest.

Just speculating...
They extended the deadline? There goes the theory that they were waiting till May 1st to see who would decline so they could offer more KB1s. Well I've already put my deposit down now, so as long as Harvard calls me before June 15 I'll gladly let that $500 go!

kindaklueless

Bronze

Post by kindaklueless » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:

Just speculating...
They extended the deadline? There goes the theory that they were waiting till May 1st to see who would decline so they could offer more KB1s. Well I've already put my deposit down now, so as long as Harvard calls me before June 15 I'll gladly let that $500 go!
Could still pan out since it was just for very recent admits. Overwhelming majority of admits still have to deposit by tomorrow.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:

Just speculating...
They only extended the deposit deadline for people they've accepted very recently, from what I understand. They should still have a pretty good idea of their yield by tomorrow.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

erikjc wrote:

Just speculating...
I would think they'd have the decency to get all KB1s done by today (last week really), since most deadlines are tomorrow. I can understand them doing WLs and rejections after May 1, since you should have made a deposit somewhere else anyway, but getting a KB1 the day after making a $500 deposit somewhere would be annoying. Better than no KB1, but still annoying.
They're Harvard and they know it. People will wait.

Also, we don't know if there are more KB1s to be had. It could be all WL or ding from this point on, we don't know. It is curious though that they have waitlisted and rejected many, but there are still some (rather strong) applicants who have yet to hear anything. It would be easy for them to just waitlist all of us because they have a large waitlist and it's very active. I'm curious as to why they're holding our applications longer than those applicants already waitlisted and dinged.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Aren't we almost getting to the time of year when they were doing the first WL-->KB1s last year? Or JR1 or whatever it was.

kindaklueless

Bronze

Post by kindaklueless » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 pm

They've been behind schedule all through this cycle so I can't imagine them getting to the waitlist before all the hold applicants hear back. Or at least I hope so.

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 pm

kindaklueless wrote:They've been behind schedule all through this cycle so I can't imagine them getting to the waitlist before all the hold applicants hear back. Or at least I hope so.
Yeah if there are WL KB1s before we hear anything I'm gonna lose it.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm

cerealdan wrote:
kindaklueless wrote:They've been behind schedule all through this cycle so I can't imagine them getting to the waitlist before all the hold applicants hear back. Or at least I hope so.
Agreed, me too.

And you are right, normally the first WL-> KB1s happen around 5/9 or 5/10.

To be optimistic (for a change), perhaps they are keeping us held instead of waitlisting us for that post-deposit deadline first round of KB1s? It seems like the people who have not heard yet on TLS are all fairly strong applicants, and right on the cusp numbers wise...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
cerealdan wrote:
Agreed, me too.

And you are right, normally the first WL-> KB1s happen around 5/9 or 5/10.

To be optimistic (for a change), perhaps they are keeping us held instead of waitlisting us for that post-deposit deadline first round of KB1s? It seems like the people who have not heard yet on TLS are all fairly strong applicants, and right on the cusp numbers wise...

i really want this to be true...but i feel like its what people were saying about stanford...and it didn't really end up great for us. Also there are still a lot of people who have not heard from Harvard...i doubt we are all in that category.

MiAiLi

New

Post by MiAiLi » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Held to WL just a minute ago by e-mail

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 pm

MiAiLi wrote:Held to WL just a minute ago by e-mail
+1

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 pm

quaker10 wrote:
MiAiLi wrote:Held to WL just a minute ago by e-mail
+1
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:43 pm

now im getting worried...where is my email Harvard?

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:44 pm

sharktankdean wrote:now im getting worried...where is my email Harvard?
+1

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:44 pm

cerealdan wrote:
+1
Yupppppppp

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
cerealdan wrote:
+1
Yupppppppp
Oh my goodness. this is crazy. No email here either.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”