HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GoodFood

New

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Post by GoodFood » Wed May 02, 2012 4:08 pm

I say we're part of the last batch of KB1s.

bluthbanana

New

Post by bluthbanana » Wed May 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Do you think there's any hope for some last minute kb2s?

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:04 pm

bluthbanana wrote:Do you think there's any hope for some last minute kb2s?

Im starting to think that is a real possibility.

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Still nothing...

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Wed May 02, 2012 5:20 pm

amc987 wrote:Still nothing...
How much movement was there today?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Wed May 02, 2012 5:49 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
amc987 wrote:Still nothing...
How much movement was there today?
seemed like considerably less than on the prior two days. all waitlists that I saw. No dings or kb2s.

Lemon Lyman

New

Post by Lemon Lyman » Wed May 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Nothing for me... Hope I don't jinx it.

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 am

Checking in... not that I'm obsessing or anything...

Post-apocalypse Day 4: will the WL wave continue? Or is a ding, KB1, or KB2 flood soon to follow?

--ImageRemoved--

principaltrumpet

New

Post by principaltrumpet » Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 am

It's almost to the point that a WL makes less sense -- given that they'll probably start pulling from the WL mid/late-May -- if the held applicants still remaining would likely be KB1/KB2 in the WL pool. Who knows, though? Some sort of indication would be nice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lawlexrotica69

New

Post by Lawlexrotica69 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:06 am

Hey guys, I'm a rising 3L at HLS and I wish you all the best! :)

However, I would just like to say that based on what I've seen from past cycles, if you don't get a WL when WLs start coming out that's actually pretty bad news. It means that you're due for a ding. I'm sorry to say. Look at this TLS graph: http://www.top-law-schools.com/images/d ... arvard.jpg

Obviously some of the early yellow is used to indicate holds, but essentially, as soon as WLs come out, the only ones that still have a chance of admission, are those actually on the WL. Meaning, there will be no more straight KB1s. So, if you don't have a WL, you should be praying for one, otherwise, you're probably getting dinged. I just thought I'd put this out there to help you guys.

I hope I'm wrong, but really, this is what I've seen from past cycles. Oh, and if you get a KB1 on the WL or you already have a KB1 and KB calls you to ask if you're still interested, that means you're IN. They wouldn't contact you that late in the game if they did not want you in the HLS Class of 2015. So for goodness sake, don't be like "uuuuuuhhhhh... I don't know, I might decide to go to CLS." I know some people who had an early KB1, received that call and said something similar and JR was like "K. Cool, thanks" and hung up the phone. They got dinged sooner rather than later.

Wishing you all the best!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 10:21 am

Lawlexrotica69 wrote:Hey guys, I'm a rising 3L at HLS and I wish you all the best! :)

However, I would just like to say that based on what I've seen from past cycles, if you don't get a WL when WLs start coming out that's actually pretty bad news. It means that you're due for a ding. I'm sorry to say. Look at this TLS graph: http://www.top-law-schools.com/images/d ... arvard.jpg

Obviously some of the early yellow is used to indicate holds, but essentially, as soon as WLs come out, the only ones that still have a chance of admission, are those actually on the WL. Meaning, there will be no more straight KB1s. So, if you don't have a WL, you should be praying for one, otherwise, you're probably getting dinged. I just thought I'd put this out there to help you guys.
Way to be a downer!

you're totally right

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 am

Yeah. Rejections are the ones in any admissions process that are generally notified last or near-last.

This is making me sad, but I'm holding out hope because it seems very few late submitters have heard much.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 am

Lawlexrotica69 wrote:Hey guys, I'm a rising 3L at HLS and I wish you all the best! :)

I hope I'm wrong, but really, this is what I've seen from past cycles. Oh, and if you get a KB1 on the WL or you already have a KB1 and KB calls you to ask if you're still interested, that means you're IN. They wouldn't contact you that late in the game if they did not want you in the HLS Class of 2015. So for goodness sake, don't be like "uuuuuuhhhhh... I don't know, I might decide to go to CLS." I know some people who had an early KB1, received that call and said something similar and JR was like "K. Cool, thanks" and hung up the phone. They got dinged sooner rather than later.

Wishing you all the best!

Now that is funny..if i got a call like that i would be like "yes of course! is that a rhetorical/stupid question?" I might get dinged for saying that...but throwing out CLS would never cross my mind.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lawlexrotica69

New

Post by Lawlexrotica69 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:45 am

Doorkeeper wrote:

Way to be a downer!

you're totally right
I'm sorry to be a downer :( But, keep your heads up! If you're held by HLS, I'm sure you all have some wonderful alternatives!!!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 am

Lawlexrotica69 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

Way to be a downer!

you're totally right
I'm sorry to be a downer :( But, keep your heads up! If you're held by HLS, I'm sure you all have some wonderful alternatives!!!
I was already waitlisted, I just wanted to point out the obvious.

Mvtmhbbt

New

Post by Mvtmhbbt » Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 am

Had a KB1 last Friday. Waitlisted this morning. Not sure if I had an opportunity and blew it or if they offered me an interview with the intention of waiting to see what the class looked like after the deposit deadline. I guess seeing (or not) KB2s in the next few days will give me an answer.

Anyway, fingers crossed that we'll see lots of movement in next few weeks!

principaltrumpet

New

Post by principaltrumpet » Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Still held... :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kleenbean88

New

Post by kleenbean88 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:21 pm

still nothing...

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Thu May 03, 2012 1:48 pm

When people called about deposit deadlines, they did nothing right? Did they write your name down or seem to care?

GoodFood

New

Post by GoodFood » Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 pm

So why haven't we gotten dinged yet? Presumably, they've known the fate of our applications for quite awhile now, yet they've chosen to wait more than two days after their own deposit deadline to notify us...

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 pm

GoodFood wrote:

So why haven't we gotten dinged yet? Presumably, they've known the fate of our applications for quite awhile now, yet they've chosen to wait more than two days after their own deposit deadline to notify us...
And why would they wait to give you interviews, if that's what's happening?

Also, I think today they might be conducting the last interviews - like, Geneva and the potential non-TLS ones.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

edits

New

Post by edits » Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 pm

I'd call if I were in your shoes and still hadn't heard

salamanders

New

Post by salamanders » Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

edits wrote:I'd call if I were in your shoes and still hadn't heard

The status checker explicitly says not to, though.

Istayedhere

New

Post by Istayedhere » Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm

E-mail and ask politely?

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 3:15 pm

salamanders wrote:
edits wrote:I'd call if I were in your shoes and still hadn't heard

Yeah, but it's May 3rd...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”