HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BaseballT

New

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Post by BaseballT » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 am

Haha well at least we finally got our decisions. Still not sure why we didn't just get these with yesterdays wave though (and making up crazy ideas in my head about how we were ALMOST KB1's =) )

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 am

And there's my waitlist as well.

MobyDick

New

Post by MobyDick » Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 am

Waitlist for me too

denvieboco

New

Post by denvieboco » Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 am

Anyone else still without a decision?

principaltrumpet

New

Post by principaltrumpet » Wed May 02, 2012 10:21 am

I am still without a decision. I'm not sure what to think.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 am

principaltrumpet wrote:I am still without a decision. I'm not sure what to think.
They have been rolling out waitlists over these past 3 days at different points during the day. I would expect that you get the WL email around noon, or around 3pm, given previous days.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 am

BaseballT wrote:Haha well at least we finally got our decisions. Still not sure why we didn't just get these with yesterdays wave though (and making up crazy ideas in my head about how we were ALMOST KB1's =) )
haha, i know. hope is a terrible thing haha. Harvard is just toying with us this year.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Wed May 02, 2012 10:34 am

happy for u all...even know i knew u wouldn't be rejected.

Do you think the WL is similar to previous years...because to me it just looked like they threw the remaining holds into the WL pile.I'm wondering if they got the the usual # of admits like previous years before sending out WL or if the WL were just sent to meet their deadline.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 am

sharktankdean wrote:happy for u all...even know i knew u wouldn't be rejected.

Do you think the WL is similar to previous years...because to me it just looked like they threw the remaining holds into the WL pile.I'm wondering if they got the the usual # of admits like previous years before sending out WL or if the WL were just sent to meet their deadline.
I also have this feeling. Its like they're too pressed for time to actually review our apps so they sent us a hold so it wouldn't look like they forgot about us. then when may 1st rolled around they were like, oh no, we still havent gotten back to these guys, waitlists for everybody. phew, now we can go back to whatever it is that we're doing that's not reviewing apps.

haha, ok a little mean, but honestly, its like, should it really take you this long to decide you wanted to waitlist me? you've had my file since october. But if this is the case and they just havent read it fully yet, hopefully when they finally get to it I'll get a KB1? :p

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Wed May 02, 2012 10:47 am

I was thinking this too, but the fact that they did it in slow moving waves for three days makes me think they really did go back and look at the holds, and maybe 1-2 non TLS/LSN person did get a KB1/KB2. Also if they were gonna just blindly convert all holds to WLs, they would have tried to meet their own deadline, otherwise why not just keep them as holds.

kindaklueless

Bronze

Post by kindaklueless » Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 am

Still nada.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Wed May 02, 2012 10:59 am

StrictlyBusiness wrote:

I was thinking this too, but the fact that they did it in slow moving waves for three days makes me think they really did go back and look at the holds, and maybe 1-2 non TLS/LSN person did get a KB1/KB2. Also if they were gonna just blindly convert all holds to WLs, they would have tried to meet their own deadline, otherwise why not just keep them as holds.

i thought of this...but the 3 day wave could just show how big the WL is.they have to edit every letter they send out...so they may have just been doing that for multiple days...

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 02, 2012 11:02 am

sharktankdean wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:

i thought of this...but the 3 day wave could just show how big the WL is.they have to edit every letter they send out...so they may have just been doing that for multiple days...
Yea. The WL is probably like 200-300 people deep, minimum. It takes a lot of time to process that many applications and email all of the applicants.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

edits

New

Post by edits » Wed May 02, 2012 11:48 am

sharktankdean wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:

mail merge probably helps with that. the letters weren't personalized so it would seem they could get letters out pretty quickly.

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Wed May 02, 2012 11:50 am

sharktankdean wrote:

Did you all get a different WL email than me? The only possible editing was the top "Dear Mr. X" line. If you gave me a list of 300 names I could have those all sent out by the end of the day by myself. 8)

Either way, in the end they did just throw all the holds on the WL, so it's a very minor detail.

kindaklueless

Bronze

Post by kindaklueless » Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 pm

...and just got the WL email.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 pm

kindaklueless wrote:...and just got the WL email.
Doorkeeper wrote:They have been rolling out waitlists over these past 3 days at different points during the day. I would expect that you get the WL email around noon, or around 3pm, given previous days.
Nailed it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

unchartered

New

Post by unchartered » Wed May 02, 2012 12:32 pm

No word yet. Fearing the worst. Afterall, they can't save us all - the beast must feed.

Waitlist 12:09. Forgot to refresh. Faaaaaahck! Now how is this different from what I've been doing for the past 6 months?
Last edited by unchartered on Wed May 02, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Are they going in any particular order with these waitlist e-mail?

GoodFood

New

Post by GoodFood » Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Am I seriously going to be the very last person they WL? lol...

salamanders

New

Post by salamanders » Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 pm

GoodFood wrote:Am I seriously going to be the very last person they WL? lol...

still here too

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Wed May 02, 2012 1:52 pm

salamanders wrote:

still here too
still here.

icedflames

Bronze

Post by icedflames » Wed May 02, 2012 2:08 pm

just got the WL
there goes my hope for a miraculous KB1

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Wed May 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm going crazy. any other held-ers still waiting?

dham1

New

Post by dham1 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm new to posting. I also haven't heard anything.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”