HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sharktankdean

Silver

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Geneva wrote:I was recently admitted and my deposit deadline isn't until the 16th. Maybe HLS is waiting to see what the class looks like after the 2nd deposit deadline? One poster on TLS said Harvard told him decisions would be made by the end of May. :/

1. Someone on this site has a deposit deadline of May 18th...so I am not sure 16th will be the day they know how the class looks like..it could be before or later.
2. End of May is to late for those who have not heard back at all...it seems the people who answer the phones have no idea what is really going on...she prob just said that to end the conversation.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Geneva wrote:I was recently admitted and my deposit deadline isn't until the 16th. Maybe HLS is waiting to see what the class looks like after the 2nd deposit deadline? One poster on TLS said Harvard told him decisions would be made by the end of May. :/

1. Someone on this site has a deposit deadline of May 18th...so I am not sure 16th will be the day they know how the class looks like..it could be before or later.
2. End of May is to late for those who have not heard back at all...it seems the people who answer the phones have no idea what is really going on...she prob just said that to end the conversation.
1. Wow, May 18th? I just got in last week and didn't realize there were later deadlines...Sorry for any confusion!
2. Oh. Hmm.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Tue May 08, 2012 2:26 pm

In the end.... there's always this:

Dear hypothalamus,

Enrollment continues at Savannah Law School (SLS), and we hope that you will strongly consider becoming a member of the inaugural class this fall.

You can apply on your smartphone or tablet at m.savannahlawschool.org or on the internet at http://www.savannahlawschool.org/apply or http://www.lsac.org; and let us know if you would like to attend our next open house on June 16, 2012.

We are excited about opening of the law school and sharing information about our scholarship program: The John E. Ryan Merit Scholarship

Each year, we will award the John E. Ryan Merit Scholarship to exceptional incoming students. This award is contingent upon acceptance into our program and is based upon your LSAT score and undergraduate GPA. The chart below illustrates the competitive scholarship program being offered by SLS.

LSAT GPA Award
153+ 3.0+ 100 percent
153+ 2.5+ 75 percent
150+ 3.0+ 75 percent
150+ 2.5+ 50 percent
148+ 3.0+ 50 percent

You would retain your scholarship as long as you remain in the top one-third of your class at the end of your first and second academic years (for Full Time students) or completion of 30 and 60 credits (for Part Time students). This is a tremendous opportunity.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Tue May 08, 2012 2:30 pm

That's what I call transparency!

Even if it comes with the following note:

The Dean is fully informed as to the Standards and Rules of Procedure for the Approval of Law Schools by the American Bar Association. The Administration and the Dean are determined to devote all necessary resources and in other respects to take all necessary steps to present a program of legal education that will qualify for approval by the American Bar Association. The Law School makes no representation to any applicant that it will be approved by the American Bar Association prior to the graduation of any matriculating student.

:D :D :D :D

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 08, 2012 3:36 pm

hypothalamus wrote:That's what I call transparency!

The Dean is fully informed as to the Standards and Rules of Procedure for the Approval of Law Schools by the American Bar Association. The Administration and the Dean are determined to devote all necessary resources and in other respects to take all necessary steps to present a program of legal education that will qualify for approval by the American Bar Association. The Law School makes no representation to any applicant that it will be approved by the American Bar Association prior to the graduation of any matriculating student.

I just checked my CRS on LSAC and realised I didnt approve them sharing any info with non-aba accredited schools. How i WISH I had checked that box. I could have them after ME!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Tue May 08, 2012 3:38 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:That's what I call transparency!

I just checked my CRS on LSAC and realised I didnt approve them sharing any info with non-aba accredited schools. How i WISH I had checked that box. I could have them after ME!
I guess I must have been really desperate when I was filling out that information? :D

Underhill

New

Post by Underhill » Wed May 09, 2012 10:59 am

Aaaand rejected. Elendil, that drink will have to take place in NYC.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 am

Underhill wrote:Aaaand rejected. Elendil, that drink will have to take place in NYC.
oh wow. I was not expecting more rejections. sorry to hear.

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:04 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
Underhill wrote:Aaaand rejected. Elendil, that drink will have to take place in NYC.
Rejected as well. Had a JS1.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Wed May 09, 2012 11:07 am

PopTorts13 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
+ 1. Really wish they had just rejected me earlier if this was the inevitable. Pretty cruel.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 am

user_france wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
+ 1. Really wish they had just rejected me earlier if this was the inevitable. Pretty cruel.
Wow. This is shocking. JS1 -> Rejection is ridiculous.

I don't know what the fuck Harvard is doing. Sorry to hear, everyone.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 am

Sorry to hear that... first round is on me!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Wed May 09, 2012 11:33 am

I really don't understand what they were waiting for...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 09, 2012 11:33 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
user_france wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote: oh wow. I was not expecting more rejections. sorry to hear.
Wow. This is shocking. JS1 -> Rejection is ridiculous.

I don't know what the fuck Harvard is doing. Sorry to hear, everyone.
Wow. Wow. I don't think I've ever seen that. So sorry guys! Honestly to wait so long to just to ding someone, thats just cruel.

DaleCooper

New

Post by DaleCooper » Wed May 09, 2012 12:32 pm

user_france wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
+2 here. My guess is that they got their initial deposits back and realized they had a near-full class already, so they don't need a big hold list like they feared they would.

Oh well. I doubt any of us were really hurting for other acceptances... I'm content with my current (much warmer) choice. Also, I get to live with the knowledge that Harvard didn't reject me right off the bat like they did thousands of other people with way better numbers than mine. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”