Golden Gate University (2011-2012 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LWOP

New

Re: Golden Gate University (2011-2012 Cycle)

Post by LWOP » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:59 pm

lenka-penka wrote:
LWOP wrote:in by snail mail, 8000 scholarship
Congrats =)
Thanks... its definitely nice to feel wanted....

mchan

New

Post by mchan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:54 pm

So I have been waitlisted by GGU. Does anyone know what I should do to get off the waitlist and accepted? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

LWOP

New

Post by LWOP » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:55 pm

mchan wrote:So I have been waitlisted by GGU. Does anyone know what I should do to get off the waitlist and accepted? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!
i don't but hopefully soon. Good luck.

cpinker3

New

Post by cpinker3 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm

LWOP wrote:
mchan wrote:So I have been waitlisted by GGU. Does anyone know what I should do to get off the waitlist and accepted? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe try a LOCI? Good Luck!

mchan

New

Post by mchan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:15 pm

cpinker3 wrote:
LWOP wrote:
Thanks! I am going to write a LOCI for sure, but is there anything else I can do?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cpinker3

New

Post by cpinker3 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:29 pm

mchan wrote:
cpinker3 wrote:
LWOP wrote:
Thanks! I am going to write a LOCI for sure, but is there anything else I can do?
You could offer to take adcoms out to dinner and wash their cars? :) But, seriously though, other than an LOCI I really don't think there is anything else that you can do at this point besides just waiting on a decision.

CaptAdams

Bronze

Post by CaptAdams » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:48 pm

mchan wrote:Thanks! I am going to write a LOCI for sure, but is there anything else I can do?
You're probably going to be fine. There are a lot of admit offers that go out and most will take a pass.

mchan

New

Post by mchan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:04 pm

CaptAdams wrote:
mchan wrote:Thanks! I am going to write a LOCI for sure, but is there anything else I can do?
You're probably going to be fine. There are a lot of admit offers that go out and most will take a pass.

All the advice you guys gave was very helpful. Thanks! I have read on some other forums that it can be beneficial to go visit the school and ask to shadow one of their courses. I think I may try that since it shows that I am truly interested. :)

lenka-penka

New

Post by lenka-penka » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Here is what you can do.
On December 10th GGU had an information session which I attended. The admission Director told a story about last year admission cycle and a girl who was waitlisted. That girl sent 9 additional letters of rec. So Director of admissions said that the girl convinced them to admit her because 9 people (those who wrote letters of rec) were sure that she would succeed in law school. The girl was persistent =))

So send additional letters of rec .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm

I am posting in this thread in order to encourage all potential applicants to attend this school.

LWOP

New

Post by LWOP » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:39 am

lenka-penka wrote:

Here is what you can do.
On December 10th GGU had an information session which I attended. The admission Director told a story about last year admission cycle and a girl who was waitlisted. That girl sent 9 additional letters of rec. So Director of admissions said that the girl convinced them to admit her because 9 people (those who wrote letters of rec) were sure that she would succeed in law school. The girl was persistent =))

So send additional letters of rec .
I agree with this.. in almost all things that are competitive, persistence shows and pays off. I work in LE and someone who is persistent will get a second, third or even fourth look when things are competitive.

Paraphrased: "I may not always move quickly, but I always move forward..." -Lincoln

noogooyen

New

Post by noogooyen » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 pm

in today via snail mail but will be withdrawing tomorrow. Hope my spot goes to somebody ITT.

FYI: I was admitted without deposit amounts being shown. So if you have decision rendered without deposit amounts, don't think you were rejected!

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Transfer applicant here...did you guys get any indication from the status checker that a decision had been sent before you got a decision in the mail?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:05 am

Just admitted. Anyone here attending? I think orientation starts pretty soon....

Geekolover

New

Post by Geekolover » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 pm

scrowell wrote:Just admitted. Anyone here attending? I think orientation starts pretty soon....
I'm pretty sure I'll be attending unless I hear from a school I've been waitlisted at. Orientation is coming up so soon!

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Geekolover wrote:
scrowell wrote:Just admitted. Anyone here attending? I think orientation starts pretty soon....
I'm pretty sure I'll be attending unless I hear from a school I've been waitlisted at. Orientation is coming up so soon!
I know. I think it starts August 6. I still have to hear from USF and SCU, and I'm waiting for a McGeorge decision in the mail. Not much time left to decide!

BayAreaGuy

New

Post by BayAreaGuy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:33 pm

How does GGU send their admissions letter? Do they mail out a large packet, or a simple letter with instructions, or is it a thick envelope?

Thanks. I'm on the wait list and hoping to get in for 2013.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 am

Heard back beg of this month

got 20k with 3.0 stipend

Will visit sometime next month to see if it is the right fit. From what I have researched from online and here is the usual ( deceptive employment stats).

What do you guys know about the University? They gave me a nice offer. I got in to higher ranked schools close to where I live but they want me to pay sticker

e_mac7

New

Post by e_mac7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 am

I got in like2 wks ago with a $10,000 scholly. I'll probably withdraw soon since I've gotten better offers.

I would say the higher ranked schools (santa clara, usf, Stanford) are all worth it. From the research I did, ggu had not very good bar passage rates and employment rates. If you know you want to stay in sf and have a job lined up then go for it. Also living in SF is so expensive!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”