Vermont Law 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
swagu

Vermont Law 2015

Postby swagu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 pm

I have been in 1st review since 11/21/11. The VLS website says 1st review should take about 2-4 weeks before going into final review or decision rendered. Clearly I've been in 1st review for much longer than 4 weeks! Is anyone else in the same boat at me? Or has anyone heard back with a decision?

swagu

Re: Vermont Law 2015

Postby swagu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Just switched over from "In 1st Review" to "In Final Review", just in case anybody out there is interested

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm in 1st review and have been for a few weeks. They'll have to throw me close to a full scholarship if I'm going to attend. Even then I'm weary. Any VLS students out there? Wanna chime in?

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Got into the JD/MELP program. No mention of scholarship money. Not going here.

EuroDisney

Postby EuroDisney » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:16 pm

I was accepted here a few months ago. I visited the campus a while ago, and I really liked it and I liked the atmosphere of the school, but I don't understand why this school is so damn expensive. As well regarded as the school's environmental law program might be, it is small justification for the extremely high price, given the school's low bar passage rates and job placement rates. Without some monetary incentive from the school, I don't see myself considering attending.

seismo

Postby seismo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:30 pm

I haven't visited and I haven't made any final decisions yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going here. I got a full scholarship and I'm definitely doing enviro wherever I go, so I think it makes sense. I'm hesitating because I would be turning down significant money from other 'better' schools (inc. T14). Anyone else in a similar place?

tortfeasor87

Postby tortfeasor87 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:33 pm

seismo wrote:I haven't visited and I haven't made any final decisions yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going here. I got a full scholarship and I'm definitely doing enviro wherever I go, so I think it makes sense. I'm hesitating because I would be turning down significant money from other 'better' schools (inc. T14). Anyone else in a similar place?

You would make a serious mistake if you decided to attend Vermont instead of a T14.

lospants

Postby lospants » Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 am

tortfeasor87 wrote:
seismo wrote:I haven't visited and I haven't made any final decisions yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going here. I got a full scholarship and I'm definitely doing enviro wherever I go, so I think it makes sense. I'm hesitating because I would be turning down significant money from other 'better' schools (inc. T14). Anyone else in a similar place?

You would make a serious mistake if you decided to attend Vermont instead of a T14.

Erm, I'm going to have to agree. If you're going to turn down a T14 (especially if they're giving you significant money), make sure you're not going to regret that decision.

For me, I REALLY want to work in the environmental law field. I'm not really put off by bar passage rates,employment stats, etc. I looked at the results of the California Bar Exam July 2011 and out of the 6 VLS students who took it for the first time, 4 passed, which is actually not that bad for an out-of-state non-T14 law school.

I just got off the wait list yesterday, so I'm definitely going. I visited last year and loved the campus.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”