Pepperdine 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Fingolfin

Re: Pepperdine 2015

Postby Fingolfin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:29 pm

So regarding the facebook page for the 2015 class, I'll take that as a no -_-.

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Fingolfin wrote:So regarding the facebook page for the 2015 class, I'll take that as a no -_-.

go make it right now

melanne89

Postby melanne89 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Fingolfin wrote:So regarding the facebook page for the 2015 class, I'll take that as a no -_-.

The SBA president at Pepp Law is the one that makes it and then invites people. I know they just had elections for SBA last week, so hopefully it should be up soon.

tjos

Postby tjos » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I had emailed them asking about the potential for an increase in scholarship money a few weeks ago and they said it wasn't possible at the time. They just emailed me today and increased their offer and loosened the stipulation for renewing it. Awesome news.

martorem

Postby martorem » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:07 pm

tjos wrote:I had emailed them asking about the potential for an increase in scholarship money a few weeks ago and they said it wasn't possible at the time. They just emailed me today and increased their offer and loosened the stipulation for renewing it. Awesome news.

I just got the same email, except I withdrew online almost 3 weeks ago...should I respond to the email? It's a nice chunk of change, and I want someone to get it who really wants Pepperdine!

tjos

Postby tjos » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Couldn't hurt to let them know. I had already accepted when they sent it to me, but they said you don't have to do anything additional if you've already paid your deposit.

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:00 pm

tjos wrote:Couldn't hurt to let them know. I had already accepted when they sent it to me, but they said you don't have to do anything additional if you've already paid your deposit.

What did they do with the stipulation?

Icanhazlawschool?

Postby Icanhazlawschool? » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I also received this email after having withdrawn. The amount, while generous, is not as much as I received elsewhere. But... the moral of the story is you can negotiate scholarships just by asking nicely. Though I loved the feel of Pepperdine and Malibu, I'm focusing on having as little debt as possible in this economy.

Good luck and hope someone else here gets my scholarship.

*and they reduced the stipulation from top 1/3 to top 1/2.

Dreas

Postby Dreas » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Posted this on the previous page but received no response..

From my understanding, seat deposits were due on the 15th and coming up on the 23rd (depending on when you received your letter).

Can anyone confirm this?

tjos

Postby tjos » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Not sure about the 23rd, but the 15th was the stated first deadline for me.

cujoespo

Postby cujoespo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Anyone looking to BUY a condo in Malibu, close to Pepperdine see --LinkRemoved--

I've lived here that past 2 years with my sister. Close to the school and a good deal for Malibu!

bajafresk

Postby bajafresk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:40 pm

i'm STILL complete! applied in january and updated in march. this is killing me!

i'm going to miami as of right now, and waitlisted at san diego, if i got into pepperdine my decision would be greatly affected.

is anyone else still waiting?

montanamoose

Postby montanamoose » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:57 am

bajafresk wrote:i'm STILL complete! applied in january and updated in march. this is killing me!

i'm going to miami as of right now, and waitlisted at san diego, if i got into pepperdine my decision would be greatly affected.

is anyone else still waiting?

I think there are quite a few still waiting, I know I am. Even if I get in I'm not sure I could handle the price tag.

Love the school though.

darkatillam2

Postby darkatillam2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:02 am

Went DR today after applying early Jan.

Got the email a couple hours later... I'm in.

Not sure what to do now. It's Pepperdine or USD both at sticker. What do I do...

Oh ya, I'm an atheist. Might be relevant :)

bajafresk

Postby bajafresk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 am

darkatillam2 wrote:Went DR today after applying early Jan.

Not sure what to do now. It's Pepperdine or USD both at sticker. What do I do...

ha! i'm an atheist too, it's gonna be hard to not open my mouth during lecture if a professor starts to preach to the class.. that is, if i get in. congrats!

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:49 pm

darkatillam2 wrote: I'm an atheist. Might be relevant :)

It's not.

aykim2188

Postby aykim2188 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I received my acceptance through email yesterday but it didn't mention anything about a scholarship? Have other people received scholarships in their acceptance email or at a later period?

I'm assuming something will come in the snail mail along w/ the acceptance letter...well I hope :shock:

michaelweisshar

Postby michaelweisshar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 pm

aykim2188 wrote:I received my acceptance through email yesterday but it didn't mention anything about a scholarship? Have other people received scholarships in their acceptance email or at a later period?

I'm assuming something will come in the snail mail along w/ the acceptance letter...well I hope :shock:

If it doesn't say anything about a scholarship that means that you didnt get one

melanne89

Postby melanne89 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:18 pm

bajafresk wrote:

ha! i'm an atheist too, it's gonna be hard to not open my mouth during lecture if a professor starts to preach to the class.. that is, if i get in. congrats!

I know you're being facetious, but just to clarify, there is no preaching or anything of the sort in class. That is a misconception that unfortunately hurts Pepperdine's reputation. While it is a school founded on the principles of Christianity, the faith does not leak into the heart of the legal education.

I know this for a fact, I started as a 1L this past year, but I got sick half way through the semester and had withdrawal (I will be starting again in August). I am not a "devout" person, and I have had no issue with the legal education. While there are many options for those who want to be rooted in religion (not just Christian religions, but others as well), it is not forced on anyone.

Many of the professors do have devout faiths, but they have brilliant legal minds as well and teach accordingly.

aykim2188

Postby aykim2188 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:55 pm

michaelweisshar wrote:
aykim2188 wrote:I received my acceptance through email yesterday but it didn't mention anything about a scholarship? Have other people received scholarships in their acceptance email or at a later period?

If it doesn't say anything about a scholarship that means that you didnt get one

I assumed they would mention it in the actual letter but I guess not?

bajafresk

Postby bajafresk » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 am

melanne89 wrote:
bajafresk wrote:

I know you're being facetious, but just to clarify, there is no preaching or anything of the sort in class. That is a misconception that unfortunately hurts Pepperdine's reputation. While it is a school founded on the principles of Christianity, the faith does not leak into the heart of the legal education.

I know this for a fact, I started as a 1L this past year, but I got sick half way through the semester and had withdrawal (I will be starting again in August). I am not a "devout" person, and I have had no issue with the legal education. While there are many options for those who want to be rooted in religion (not just Christian religions, but others as well), it is not forced on anyone.

Many of the professors do have devout faiths, but they have brilliant legal minds as well and teach accordingly.

of course, well said. being a private religious institution one naturally makes assumptions. in their recruiting they always state they have people from all different backgrounds, but it is always interesting to imagine non-christians of any kind attending pepperdine and any regulations they may have. good to hear from a 1L who's had experience, glad its not otherwise

Dreas

Postby Dreas » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Anyone know if the Pepperdine WL has begun movement?

montanamoose

Postby montanamoose » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Dreas wrote:Anyone know if the Pepperdine WL has begun movement?

I know there are a number like myself still waiting on decision, I dont know if that has any bearing.

sinisterkid

Postby sinisterkid » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

montanamoose wrote:
Dreas wrote:Anyone know if the Pepperdine WL has begun movement?

I know there are a number like myself still waiting on decision, I dont know if that has any bearing.

Hard to turn down a free legal education in Malibu, but I withdrew today. GL folks.

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 am

Decision rendered 4/26

Does anyone know if this means I'm rejected? Would I have received an email if I was admitted? Or will I have to wait for the mail to find out where I stand?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”