In at GULC!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Attending?

Totally!
44
20%
Going somewhere else
68
31%
Still deciding
110
50%
 
Total votes: 222

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:37 pm

splbagel wrote:Just RSVP'ed for the March open house. Hoping to get a Thursday evening flight and attend Friday's events. Why oh why does Georgetown's open house take up two workdays??

I know, right?
I'm just not sure if the entire thing is worth it if I know I'm going to be attending Georgetown anyway... Leaning towards not going for that reason

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 pm

splbagel wrote:Just RSVP'ed for the March open house. Hoping to get a Thursday evening flight and attend Friday's events. Why oh why does Georgetown's open house take up two workdays??


How do we RSVP?

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby splbagel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
splbagel wrote:Just RSVP'ed for the March open house. Hoping to get a Thursday evening flight and attend Friday's events. Why oh why does Georgetown's open house take up two workdays??


How do we RSVP?


Log in to the admitted students website. They should have emailed you a username and password.

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: In at GULC!

Postby swtlilsoni » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 am

anyone going to the NYC reception?

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: In at GULC!

Postby quaker10 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:43 pm

swtlilsoni wrote:anyone going to the NYC reception?


I am - looking forward to meeting some of you there!

sdenton
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby sdenton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:33 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Is there a thread where GULC students are taking questions?



viewtopic.php?f=32&t=169307&start=100

Some current students have been answering questions in this thread.

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby westcoast » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi everyone. I'm very happy to be attending GULC. Looking forward to March 29th.

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby avd90 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 pm

hey guys, when should we expect to hear about financial aid/schollys?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby moxy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:20 pm

avd90 wrote:hey guys, when should we expect to hear about financial aid/schollys?


+1

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby splbagel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:39 pm

moxy wrote:
avd90 wrote:hey guys, when should we expect to hear about financial aid/schollys?


+1


I received an email on February 2nd saying that I was under consideration for merit aid. The email said: "The Committee hopes to make our initial scholarship awards via e-mail beginning around March 1st."

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Would 25% LSAT and slightly above 75% GPA merit any $$$?

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby avd90 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Hey guys, just got the scholarship email thinger... was that to everyone or just people up for merit aid?

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby avd90 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:10 pm

so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby moxy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 pm

avd90 wrote:so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?


Add my name to the email? Please .. hahaha

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby avd90 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm

moxy wrote:
avd90 wrote:so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?


Add my name to the email? Please .. hahaha


mox, did you get the merit scholly email?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby moxy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:13 pm

avd90 wrote:
moxy wrote:
avd90 wrote:so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?


Add my name to the email? Please .. hahaha


mox, did you get the merit scholly email?


No. Poor numbers here :(

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby avd90 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 pm

moxy wrote:
avd90 wrote:
moxy wrote:
avd90 wrote:so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?


Add my name to the email? Please .. hahaha


mox, did you get the merit scholly email?


No. Poor numbers here :(


bah. I really don't know what to say. i wanted to sound polite, but stern. and I don't know if i should ask for a concrete amount of money

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby crumpledq » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:17 pm

avd90 wrote:so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?


I just sent an email simply asking whether I was under consideration for merit aid and letting them know my other options. I'd be surprised if I get anything, but it doesn't hurt to ask! Without $ from GULC, it would be hard to turn down some of my other options.

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby avd90 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:19 pm

crumpledq wrote:
avd90 wrote:so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?


I just sent an email simply asking whether I was under consideration for merit aid and letting them know my other options. I'd be surprised if I get anything, but it doesn't hurt to ask! Without $ from GULC, it would be hard to turn down some of my other options.


did you receive the merit scholarship email? or did you just send that out right away. I'm in the same boat.. plus I have 0 savings, no family financial support and know no one down in DC. I basically said, if I'm leaving the northeast, I need to do so without being in debt

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby avd90 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 pm

the craziest thing is I am still waiting for 11 schools, so I don't exactly have much to threaten GULC with in terms of other options.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby crumpledq » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:28 pm

avd90 wrote:
crumpledq wrote:
avd90 wrote:so this thread seems dead.. but I;m about to sned in my GIVE ME MONEY email to the dean... any last words?


I just sent an email simply asking whether I was under consideration for merit aid and letting them know my other options. I'd be surprised if I get anything, but it doesn't hurt to ask! Without $ from GULC, it would be hard to turn down some of my other options.


did you receive the merit scholarship email? or did you just send that out right away. I'm in the same boat.. plus I have 0 savings, no family financial support and know no one down in DC. I basically said, if I'm leaving the northeast, I need to do so without being in debt


Nope, I did not receive the merit scholarship email, but that's not a surprise since I'm a super-splitter. They probably didn't expect me to get into higher-ranked schools, honestly, so I wanted to get it on their radar sooner rather than later (before they allocate all their merit offers) that they can't take my matriculation for granted just because of my low GPA.

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby southernsuperstar » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:30 pm

No scholly email here either...although moxy and I are numbers twins and I wasn't expecting anything either. Do you think they'll send out more emails? It seems like people have been getting these emails in waves.

Moxy, maybe ours just haven't come yet!

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby moxy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:No scholly email here either...although moxy and I are numbers twins and I wasn't expecting anything either. Do you think they'll send out more emails? It seems like people have been getting these emails in waves.

Moxy, maybe ours just haven't come yet!


maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe .... maybe not haha

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby eaper » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

moxy wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:No scholly email here either...although moxy and I are numbers twins and I wasn't expecting anything either. Do you think they'll send out more emails? It seems like people have been getting these emails in waves.

Moxy, maybe ours just haven't come yet!


maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe .... maybe not haha


Image

Perhaps it would be best not to get too much. Just ask B.I.G.

Holy crap that's big.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby moxy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm

eaper wrote:
moxy wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:No scholly email here either...although moxy and I are numbers twins and I wasn't expecting anything either. Do you think they'll send out more emails? It seems like people have been getting these emails in waves.

Moxy, maybe ours just haven't come yet!


maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe .... maybe not haha


Perhaps it would be best not to get too much. Just ask B.I.G.

Holy crap that's big.


Eaper .. what the heck was that! hahaha




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, blahblah123, Ca2021, carlos_danger, Earlskies, elcamino4, Ferrisjso, Google Adsense [Bot], joezze, jtn123, katthegreat11, lawcapture, Leliana, LSRAT, Maaza, mav1993, mm2368, okf731, proteinshake, Smc1994, splitterfromhell and 74 guests