In at GULC!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Attending?

Totally!
44
20%
Going somewhere else
68
31%
Still deciding
110
50%
 
Total votes: 222

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 pm

avd90 wrote:Generated ASW PW... hey guys!

Congrats!!!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Can anyone tell me where the "yellow form" is for financial aid?

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby 46nyc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Can anyone tell me where the "yellow form" is for financial aid?


On the ASW, hover over "Enrolling" and click "Financial Aid." If you scroll down it says Yellow Form available early February, but I definitely can't find it available yet anywhere.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Generated ASW last night... definitely going.

What are ASD/ weekend dates?
I know the first one's in March 29/30th range... how about April?
Last edited by broncos_fan_26 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:42 pm

46nyc wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Can anyone tell me where the "yellow form" is for financial aid?


On the ASW, hover over "Enrolling" and click "Financial Aid." If you scroll down it says Yellow Form available early February, but I definitely can't find it available yet anywhere.


Okay, good I was worried

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:33 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:Generated ASW last night... definitely going.

What are ASD/ weekend dates?
I know the first one's in March 29/30th range... how about April?

the first one was in january, march is the second/last.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:01 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:Generated ASW last night... definitely going.

What are ASD/ weekend dates?
I know the first one's in March 29/30th range... how about April?

the first one was in january, march is the second/last.


why are they so early? damn

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby eaper » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:02 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:Generated ASW last night... definitely going.

What are ASD/ weekend dates?
I know the first one's in March 29/30th range... how about April?

the first one was in january, march is the second/last.


why are they so early? damn


Yeah, I can't/couldn't make either, so I'm visiting the week before the second one=\

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:06 pm

So the dates of the second one are 29th and 30th of march? that makes a lot of sense?
i mean, is there a reason to go if I have my mind set on GULC? or is it mainly to make up ur mind?

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:08 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:So the dates of the second one are 29th and 30th of march? that makes a lot of sense?
i mean, is there a reason to go if I have my mind set on GULC? or is it mainly to make up ur mind?


Honestly, if you're 100% sure you are going then I wouldn't bother. Especially since they don't even offer a travel subsidy. The whole point of the ASW is to sell you the school and get you to matriculate. Meeting people is cool but that's what orientation is for, and most of the people you meet at ASW you'll probably never see again. I guess the main reason I would go in your position is if you were considering living in the dorms and you wanted to check them out

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby eaper » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:12 pm

By the way, I was wondering if anyone that lives/visited the area has some suggestions on cheap hotels that aren't too crappy/in terrible bad parts of D.C.. Any help is appreciated.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:So the dates of the second one are 29th and 30th of march? that makes a lot of sense?
i mean, is there a reason to go if I have my mind set on GULC? or is it mainly to make up ur mind?


Honestly, if you're 100% sure you are going then I wouldn't bother. Especially since they don't even offer a travel subsidy. The whole point of the ASW is to sell you the school and get you to matriculate. Meeting people is cool but that's what orientation is for, and most of the people you meet at ASW you'll probably never see again. I guess the main reason I would go in your position is if you were considering living in the dorms and you wanted to check them out


That's what I figured... main thing is im a biker, so I wanted to figure out how much of a biker friendly city DC is, and based on that where i could live.

When do people go there to figure out housing situation?
Last edited by broncos_fan_26 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:24 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:So the dates of the second one are 29th and 30th of march? that makes a lot of sense?
i mean, is there a reason to go if I have my mind set on GULC? or is it mainly to make up ur mind?


Honestly, if you're 100% sure you are going then I wouldn't bother. Especially since they don't even offer a travel subsidy. The whole point of the ASW is to sell you the school and get you to matriculate. Meeting people is cool but that's what orientation is for, and most of the people you meet at ASW you'll probably never see again. I guess the main reason I would go in your position is if you were considering living in the dorms and you wanted to check them out


That's what I figured... main thing is im a biker, so I wanted to figure out how much of a biker friendly city DC is, and based on that where i could live.


I lived there for a bit and didn't find it biker friendly, but I don't think you need one especially if you're going to GULC.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:So the dates of the second one are 29th and 30th of march? that makes a lot of sense?
i mean, is there a reason to go if I have my mind set on GULC? or is it mainly to make up ur mind?


Honestly, if you're 100% sure you are going then I wouldn't bother. Especially since they don't even offer a travel subsidy. The whole point of the ASW is to sell you the school and get you to matriculate. Meeting people is cool but that's what orientation is for, and most of the people you meet at ASW you'll probably never see again. I guess the main reason I would go in your position is if you were considering living in the dorms and you wanted to check them out


That's what I figured... main thing is im a biker, so I wanted to figure out how much of a biker friendly city DC is, and based on that where i could live.


I lived there for a bit and didn't find it biker friendly, but I don't think you need one especially if you're going to GULC.


My plan was to commute to work on bike, and live 7-9 miles away to make the commute manageable, but far enough that it cheapens the rent (i currently commute 14 miles a day each way to work, so i know its doable.)

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:My plan was to commute to work on bike, and live 7-9 miles away to make the commute manageable, but far enough that it cheapens the rent (i currently commute 14 miles a day each way to work, so i know its doable.)

I would check out columbia heights or capitol hill. Easy bike commute to/from gulc and the rent can be substantially cheaper than the area right around the law center.

Not sure when the person who said dc is not bike friendly lived here, but the city has made substantial bike friendly improvements (more bike lanes, dc bike share is now the largest in the world i think?) and it seems pretty bike friendly to me. A lot of my friends bike to/from school.

if you're interested in biking, be sure to check out waba's website:

http://www.waba.org/

they have a lot of biking events around the city and lots of good information.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby crumpledq » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:So the dates of the second one are 29th and 30th of march? that makes a lot of sense?
i mean, is there a reason to go if I have my mind set on GULC? or is it mainly to make up ur mind?


Honestly, if you're 100% sure you are going then I wouldn't bother. Especially since they don't even offer a travel subsidy. The whole point of the ASW is to sell you the school and get you to matriculate. Meeting people is cool but that's what orientation is for, and most of the people you meet at ASW you'll probably never see again. I guess the main reason I would go in your position is if you were considering living in the dorms and you wanted to check them out


That's what I figured... main thing is im a biker, so I wanted to figure out how much of a biker friendly city DC is, and based on that where i could live.


I lived there for a bit and didn't find it biker friendly, but I don't think you need one especially if you're going to GULC.


My husband and I lived in Columbia Heights (about 3.5 miles from campus) while he was in school at GULC, and he biked to class every day. It was faster than taking public transportation or even driving. DC is actually quite biker-friendly now and has put in a lot of new bike lanes in the past few years. It's totally do-able if you are used to biking in a city.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:11 pm

crumpledq wrote:It was faster than taking public transportation or even driving.

this is so credited :)

zylaxice
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby zylaxice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Logged into the ASW today, got a pop-up message about my credentials: NetID and Go-Card number. It says I need to change the temporary password immediately, but when I try to do so I get an invalid credentials error. Did anyone else have the same issue?

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby 46nyc » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:24 pm

zylaxice wrote:Logged into the ASW today, got a pop-up message about my credentials: NetID and Go-Card number. It says I need to change the temporary password immediately, but when I try to do so I get an invalid credentials error. Did anyone else have the same issue?


Yes, you have to go through quite a situation emailing them with a form and your drivers license that you have to scan in (in color) but they were really helpful and fixed it for me.

pcwcecac
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 am

Re: In at GULC!

Postby pcwcecac » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Will the status check reflect admin decision?

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby clarion » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 am

pcwcecac wrote:Will the status check reflect admin decision?


Nope. :\ Mine is still at complete 11/28

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby southernsuperstar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Sososo excited that I can officially post here :)

Hello everyone!

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: In at GULC!

Postby swtlilsoni » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:48 am

Hi everyone, happy to finally join you all =)

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Is there a thread where GULC students are taking questions?

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: In at GULC!

Postby splbagel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Just RSVP'ed for the March open house. Hoping to get a Thursday evening flight and attend Friday's events. Why oh why does Georgetown's open house take up two workdays??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests