In at GULC!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Attending?

Totally!
20%
Going somewhere else
31%
Still deciding
50%

Total votes: 222

tennisballs

Re: In at GULC!

Postby tennisballs » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Oh how I wish I could join you all.... #waitlistproblems

poe

Postby poe » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Does anyone know when GULC starts making scholarship notifications?

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 am

poe wrote:Does anyone know when GULC starts making scholarship notifications?

This question is relevant to my interests. (Also, apologies if it's already been answered. tl;dr + drinking...soo yea)

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:

This question is relevant to my interests. (Also, apologies if it's already been answered. tl;dr + drinking...soo yea)

I don't think we'll hear till March. Keeping my expectations low as GULC is supposed to be stingy.

addy11

Postby addy11 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Excited to see you all on Thursday. Curious, you'll be in town? Sweet.

curiousgeorgia

Postby curiousgeorgia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm

addy11 wrote:Excited to see you all on Thursday. Curious, you'll be in town? Sweet.

Yeah! Super stoked. I want to meet all you TLSers, that reveal totes needs to go down.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:37 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
addy11 wrote:Excited to see you all on Thursday. Curious, you'll be in town? Sweet.

Yeah! Super stoked. I want to meet all you TLSers, that reveal totes needs to go down.

:D are there official plans in place?

swoozie

Postby swoozie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Not sure but I think I'll be in DC around noon on Thursday! =)

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 am

Is anyone thinking of sitting in on a class? I may sit in on Government Processes since I am interested in curriculum B and I land at DCA at ~10am and need something to do for 5 hours.

Otherwise... so excited for Thursday!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:42 am

hoping some current students can weigh in on my silly embarrassing question-- how casual/formal is the dress at ASW? Jeans? nicer?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 am

franklyscarlet wrote:hoping some current students can weigh in on my silly embarrassing question-- how casual/formal is the dress at ASW? Jeans? nicer?

what a stupid question...

jk :) Casual should be fine. I've worn jeans to like every law school event ever and don't really remember ever standing out. There always seems to be a weirdly wide range of dress at law school, I wouldn't be surprised if someone wore a suit or something. But seriously casual to business casual and you're all set.

Mr. Somebody wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:

I don't think we'll hear till March. Keeping my expectations low as GULC is supposed to be stingy.

Yup, I think I remember it being early to mid march. And GULC is quite stingy.

addy11

Postby addy11 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:hoping some current students can weigh in on my silly embarrassing question-- how casual/formal is the dress at ASW? Jeans? nicer?

I asked this of my guide. She said casual is fine. I would imagine jeans and a nicer shirt/sweater would be fine.

gatorlaw

Postby gatorlaw » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm

So.....are all of us who are arriving ~noon(ish) heading straight to GULC from DCA? We could all just meet up on campus, if so.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:01 am

Bumping to say WOOHOOOO!!!! Tomorrow!!!!

Also, I'd be down for an on-campus meetup, but I don't arrive until 12:45. I'm not sure what time we need to check in-- maybe we could meet around 2:30?

gatorlaw

Postby gatorlaw » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:11 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Bumping to say WOOHOOOO!!!! Tomorrow!!!!

Also, I'd be down for an on-campus meetup, but I don't arrive until 12:45. I'm not sure what time we need to check in-- maybe we could meet around 2:30?

I'm SO excited !! I arrive at 12:45 as well ! Check in is at like 3, I believe...how about we all meet at GULC and take it form there? Say...1:45? Anyone down?

CaliforniaGurl

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:22 pm

I'll send an e-mail out to everyone who PMed me their info.

imadude

Postby imadude » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Okay, guys. Don't want to be a downer on the days before the admitted students day, but I was just adding up costs for GULC (based on http://www.law.georgetown.edu/finaff/st ... ition.html) and wow! The way I figured it, if I don't get any scholarship money (I know it's not likely) and paying for insurance for me and my wife I'd be about 215K in the hole after 3 years. I REALLY want to attend GULC. I think I would have a hard time choosing most of the T-14 over it, but 215K is a lot!

I realize you can either go BigLaw and make good money to pay it off quick, or use the generous LRAP program at GULC to have it all forgiven after 10 years of public interest work, but still. How does everyone else feel about this? Scared, or don't care? Someone talk me off the cliff here, 'cause I'm starting to wonder if I should take one of my half-schollies at a T-25 over that.

Oh, and I can't make it this weekend because of work, but I'm going to try to make it to the March one.

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:52 pm

imadude wrote:Okay, guys. Don't want to be a downer on the days before the admitted students day, but I was just adding up costs for GULC (based on http://www.law.georgetown.edu/finaff/st ... ition.html) and wow! The way I figured it, if I don't get any scholarship money (I know it's not likely) and paying for insurance for me and my wife I'd be about 215K in the hole after 3 years. I REALLY want to attend GULC. I think I would have a hard time choosing most of the T-14 over it, but 215K is a lot!

I realize you can either go BigLaw and make good money to pay it off quick, or use the generous LRAP program at GULC to have it all forgiven after 10 years of public interest work, but still. How does everyone else feel about this? Scared, or don't care? Someone talk me off the cliff here, 'cause I'm starting to wonder if I should take one of my half-schollies at a T-25 over that.

Oh, and I can't make it this weekend because of work, but I'm going to try to make it to the March one.

Yes, this is all very concerning to me. And GULC's employment stats are solid but as we discussed earlier they should be a little more transparent. Will be good things to ask when you go to ASW.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
imadude wrote:Okay, guys. Don't want to be a downer on the days before the admitted students day, but I was just adding up costs for GULC (based on http://www.law.georgetown.edu/finaff/st ... ition.html) and wow! The way I figured it, if I don't get any scholarship money (I know it's not likely) and paying for insurance for me and my wife I'd be about 215K in the hole after 3 years. I REALLY want to attend GULC. I think I would have a hard time choosing most of the T-14 over it, but 215K is a lot!

Yes, this is all very concerning to me. And GULC's employment stats are solid but as we discussed earlier they should be a little more transparent. Will be good things to ask when you go to ASW.

eh, don't expect a straight answer.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 pm

OMG chooosing outfits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

So many choices...

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:OMG chooosing outfits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

So many choices...

Dare you to wear this:

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Who wants to sit in on International Law or Corporations with me tomorrow afternoon?

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 pm

crumpledq wrote:Who wants to sit in on International Law or Corporations with me tomorrow afternoon?

Thinking about going to a class at least... What time are those?

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:OMG chooosing outfits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

So many choices...

Dare you to wear this:

Give it to me. I'm down.

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpledq wrote:Who wants to sit in on International Law or Corporations with me tomorrow afternoon?

Thinking about going to a class at least... What time are those?

They're both at 1:20; so is Labor Law and Government Processes (curriculum B). I was also considering Labor Law because it's taught by a DC Circuit judge who is supposed to be great (my spouse took admin law with him). I think I'll end up in International Law, though, since all other things equal, it's the most relevant to my current job and I'd like to get a sense for how it's taught in law school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”