In at GULC! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Attending?

Totally!
20%
Going somewhere else
31%
Still deciding
50%

Total votes: 222

clarion

Bronze

Re: In at GULC!

Post by clarion » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:30 pm

hyakku wrote:
swoozie wrote:I have a (kinda embarrassing) question...did you have to fill out the yellow form for merit aid consideration? I thought it was only for need-based (I know, I probably should have done it anyway). It's not going to bother me too much because I did not connect AT ALL to georgetown when I visited, so it didn't become a real contender for me but I will feel a bit dumb if that's why I never got an offer from Georgetown. :P (I never got any e-mail saying I was up for merit consideration).
I'm pretty sure you did. I could be mistaken but I got my offer for merit aid pretty soon after I filled out the form, which I was a week or two late to by accident. Could've been a coincidence, but I never got an initial email telling me I was eligible for a scholarship at all, and in my scholarship offer it specifically mentioned that it would be combined with my need based aid to the total every year. Not sure where you could find this information, but I'm pretty sure you had to. Don't know how much time is left or if this is helpful but hope it is and good luck wherever you end up.
I don't mean to directly go against what you're saying, because maybe for some people the yellow form is necessary and others not(?) but I got my merit offer and everything long before I even realized I needed to do a yellow form (I don't pay attention to things...). So yeah, I think it's a definite possibility that after getting some people's yellow forms they decide to offer merit money that they might not have originally intended to give. But at the same time, it's not necessary for everyone? If that makes sense to anyone?

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 pm

clarion wrote:
hyakku wrote:
swoozie wrote:I have a (kinda embarrassing) question...did you have to fill out the yellow form for merit aid consideration? I thought it was only for need-based (I know, I probably should have done it anyway). It's not going to bother me too much because I did not connect AT ALL to georgetown when I visited, so it didn't become a real contender for me but I will feel a bit dumb if that's why I never got an offer from Georgetown. :P (I never got any e-mail saying I was up for merit consideration).
I'm pretty sure you did. I could be mistaken but I got my offer for merit aid pretty soon after I filled out the form, which I was a week or two late to by accident. Could've been a coincidence, but I never got an initial email telling me I was eligible for a scholarship at all, and in my scholarship offer it specifically mentioned that it would be combined with my need based aid to the total every year. Not sure where you could find this information, but I'm pretty sure you had to. Don't know how much time is left or if this is helpful but hope it is and good luck wherever you end up.
I don't mean to directly go against what you're saying, because maybe for some people the yellow form is necessary and others not(?) but I got my merit offer and everything long before I even realized I needed to do a yellow form (I don't pay attention to things...). So yeah, I think it's a definite possibility that after getting some people's yellow forms they decide to offer merit money that they might not have originally intended to give. But at the same time, it's not necessary for everyone? If that makes sense to anyone?
I think it's universal that all applicants are automatically considered for merit aid. The point is to entice people with high numbers or other attributes smiled upon by usnwr, who may go elsewhere.

juju96

New

Post by juju96 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 am

just sent in my intent to enroll form :mrgreen:

applesoranges123

New

Post by applesoranges123 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey I was just wondering for Gerweiz, has anyone seen the 3-bedroom apartments?? Are they really cramped-looking? And how do the unrenovated rooms in general look? I had heard that the rooms were not that great, but I had very briefly seen one of the apartments a while back, and it looked pretty nice to me. I didn't really look at the kitchen/bathroom in the unrenovated ones though properly and was wondering if they looked old/kinda gross or something lol. (I can't visit right now so that's why I'm asking, was wondering if it would be necessary to get a renovated room)..Also, dumb question, but for any current students living there, how loud does it generally get at Gerweiz??

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Did anyone else get yet another "please wait, we're still working on money" email? I haven't withdrawn yet because I'd like to see where I stand with $ first (even high I doubt they'll give me much), but they're really quite maddening about this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 pm

I got the email. Was gonna withdraw last week but too lazy to email them

They aren't very subtle playing chicken with us

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Does anyone know if withdrawals need to be snail mailed or can they be emailed?

Also, do you know where to find info on getting the deposit back?

westcoast

Bronze

Post by westcoast » Wed May 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Is anyone here on Xbox live? My gamertag is singletrackMTB
I'm trying to have as much fun as possible before the work piles on.

moxy

Bronze

Post by moxy » Thu May 10, 2012 12:31 pm

westcoast wrote:Is anyone here on Xbox live? My gamertag is singletrackMTB
I'm trying to have as much fun as possible before the work piles on.
Too bad I am on PS3. I am planning on playing an unhealthy amount of video games this summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OhHelpMeLawd

New

Post by OhHelpMeLawd » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 pm

How does need-based work with Gtown? Do they offer significant sums? What do you need to get it (i.e. submit tax forms?) I heard in the past need-based is guaranteed so that if need falls merit takes over. Do they still do that?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”