In at GULC! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Attending?

Totally!
20%
Going somewhere else
31%
Still deciding
50%

Total votes: 222

imadude

New

Re: In at GULC!

Post by imadude » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Congrats everyone! Makes me wish I had a 170+ LSAT. I really want to attend, but it's more than likely going to be at sticker.

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm

poe wrote:Empty inbox. :(
Same so far...maybe there will be another batch...?

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:42 pm

jetissent wrote:
poe wrote:Empty inbox. :(
Same so far...maybe there will be another batch...?
+1...

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Nothing yet here and I got the merit consideration e-mail as well. I think they are rolling.

However, I just submitted the FAFSA yesterday and haven't done the GULC specific aid forms yet (yellow form?) so maybe I won't hear back today.

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Nothing yet here and I got the merit consideration e-mail as well. I think they are rolling.

However, I just submitted the FAFSA yesterday and haven't done the GULC specific aid forms yet (yellow form?) so maybe I won't hear back today.
Ah yes, I've submitted my FAFSA a few weeks ago but haven't done the yellow form yet. I was planning to wait until I saw my aid offer, since the email didn't say anything about the merit aid being tied to the rest of the financial aid process...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

poe

Bronze

Post by poe » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Uh oh - I didn't do the yellow form either. I thought that was only for need-based.

nametaken

Bronze

Post by nametaken » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 pm

FWIW, I didn't submit my yellow form until late last night. The e-mail does make it seem like the merit based offers are definitely separate from the need-based ones. I'm sure the e-mails are just rolling and you guys will hear soon, your numbers are too good for that to not be true!

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 pm

poe wrote:Uh oh - I didn't do the yellow form either. I thought that was only for need-based.
I figure it is, but I'm just speculating. Some schools seem to still want the need-based info before they give out merit aid.

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
poe wrote:Uh oh - I didn't do the yellow form either. I thought that was only for need-based.
I figure it is, but I'm just speculating. Some schools seem to still want the need-based info before they give out merit aid.
There are 2 parts to the yellow form. I'm pretty sure everyone has to fill out the first part, and then you do the second part if you want need-based aid. Not 100% sure, but the part one might be holding up your merit aid.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 pm

46nyc wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
There are 2 parts to the yellow form. I'm pretty sure everyone has to fill out the first part, and then you do the second part if you want need-based aid. Not 100% sure, but the part one might be holding up your merit aid.
From the initial email saying I was under consideration for merit aid:
We strongly encourage you to apply for need-based assistance through the Financial Aid Office (http://www.law.georgetown.edu/finaid/) and to research other options for funding. I look forward to hearing back from you.

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:03 pm

46nyc wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
Never mind, I'm wrong - Part 1 is for loans, Part 2 is for need-based grants. Sorry if I freaked anyone out!

clarion

Bronze

Post by clarion » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:06 pm

splbagel wrote:
46nyc wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
From the initial email saying I was under consideration for merit aid:
We strongly encourage you to apply for need-based assistance through the Financial Aid Office (http://www.law.georgetown.edu/finaid/) and to research other options for funding. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Personally, I have not filled out any forms (nor have I even finished my FAFSA :\) and got a scholarship email. Not to dwindle your hope, just to keep things in perspective. But perhaps for some people it's tied to their financial need and not for others? Nonetheless I'm SURE it's rolling and you guys are going to hear soon enough. It's only noon on the first day of emails after all :)

zylaxice

New

Post by zylaxice » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Has anyone received scholarship information who didn't receive the initial "Under Consideration for Merit Aid" email?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

seahawk32

Bronze

Post by seahawk32 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Uh...what 'yellow form' are we talking about? I received a merit scholly but definitely don't remember filling out any 'yellow form.'

swtlilsoni

Bronze

Post by swtlilsoni » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 pm

zylaxice wrote:Has anyone received scholarship information who didn't receive the initial "Under Consideration for Merit Aid" email?
+1

nametaken

Bronze

Post by nametaken » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 pm

seahawk32 wrote:Uh...what 'yellow form' are we talking about? I received a merit scholly but definitely don't remember filling out any 'yellow form.'
You need to fill it out for need-based aid. It just became available on the ASW recently, and you can fill it out there and submit electronically.

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Anyone else get that email?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

broncos_fan_26

Bronze

Post by broncos_fan_26 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Anyone have any idea what the timeline is re: getting our book list? I am def trying to buy early/ for cheap...

poe

Bronze

Post by poe » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Just got an email. Looks like 0 for now. What a fitting way to end the week (started the week with a waitlist from Columbia).

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Just got an email saying that I'm a "scholarship alternate." "However, we are hopeful that we will be able to extend additional scholarship offers to at least some of our small group of Alternates."

I responded to their initial email by asking for a full ride and letting them know I'd been admitted to HLS and had aid offers from UMich and UT Austin. Maybe some sort of scholarship "YP"?

I'm about to withdraw - sending a very lengthy email about how the lack of access to birth control on their health insurance affected my decision as well.

Congrats to those offered scholarships, and best of luck to those of you still waiting!

bogm2012

New

Post by bogm2012 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:05 pm

splbagel wrote:Just got an email saying that I'm a "scholarship alternate." "However, we are hopeful that we will be able to extend additional scholarship offers to at least some of our small group of Alternates."

I responded to their initial email by asking for a full ride and letting them know I'd been admitted to HLS and had aid offers from UMich and UT Austin. Maybe some sort of scholarship "YP"?

I'm about to withdraw - sending a very lengthy email about how the lack of access to birth control on their health insurance affected my decision as well.

Congrats to those offered scholarships, and best of luck to those of you still waiting!

+1 (and you rule for calling them out in the Catholic stuff :) )! Will withdraw soon. GULC has impressed me this cycle, but they couldn't really put together a package for me that would make me pick it over my other options, so it would be selfish to hold on to.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:06 pm

bogm2012 wrote:
splbagel wrote:Just got an email saying that I'm a "scholarship alternate." "However, we are hopeful that we will be able to extend additional scholarship offers to at least some of our small group of Alternates."

+1 (and you rule for calling them out in the Catholic stuff :) )! Will withdraw soon. GULC has impressed me this cycle, but they couldn't really put together a package for me that would make me pick it over my other options, so it would be selfish to hold on to.
I'm happy to share my sassy email with anyone who is interested via pm. Didn't want to derail with a political discussion here. :)

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Hmm interesting. I still have silence from them. Oh well.

sdenton

New

Post by sdenton » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Got the alternate e-mail, as well. :(

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 pm

That alternate email was :roll:

Not going to withdraw yet, but I think it was a little weird to ask me what other schools I was considering and then throw my response back at me as the reason I wasn't offered anything.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”