Southwestern 2012 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NatalieT563
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby NatalieT563 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:13 pm

I would really appreciate it if waitlisted students would let us all know if they've been accepted- if so with what gpa/score. That will give us an idea as to where all of us stand. Also, when informing us, can you guys let us know whether you got in the day/evening program. Or had you initially gone with the day program? Please let us know. It is a very frustrating time for us all and every bit of information helps. Thanks!

malteseasy
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby malteseasy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:08 am

NatalieT563 wrote:I would really appreciate it if waitlisted students would let us all know if they've been accepted- if so with what gpa/score. That will give us an idea as to where all of us stand. Also, when informing us, can you guys let us know whether you got in the day/evening program. Or had you initially gone with the day program? Please let us know. It is a very frustrating time for us all and every bit of information helps. Thanks!


In another post you said you have been accepted to higher ranked schools and that SW is your backup school. Is SW now your first choice? Why the change of heart?

NatalieT563
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby NatalieT563 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 am

malteseasy wrote:
NatalieT563 wrote:I would really appreciate it if waitlisted students would let us all know if they've been accepted- if so with what gpa/score. That will give us an idea as to where all of us stand. Also, when informing us, can you guys let us know whether you got in the day/evening program. Or had you initially gone with the day program? Please let us know. It is a very frustrating time for us all and every bit of information helps. Thanks!


In another post you said you have been accepted to higher ranked schools and that SW is your backup school. Is SW now your first choice? Why the change of heart?


I never said SW was my first choice nor had I said that it wasn't. Read my message again. I just find it pretty amusing how Southwestern has placed an extremely qualified applicant on the waitlist. I'd like to know admitted students' scores/GPAs so I'd know how the admissions committee goes about selected students off the waitlist.

Emily87
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby Emily87 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I've been on the waiting list for southwestern since April 11. Anyone get off the waiting list???? This is so frustrating...Southwestern is my first choice because of location and their entertainment law program. Anyone with any information please post....thank you!!!

guitar519
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby guitar519 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:00 pm

I just got off the waiting list yesterday and was admitted to traditional day program. Applied back in January and was put on waiting list in late May.

I am just really stingy about this sticker price though. Not only is it a huge risk but... as an international student, loans are hard to come by. I talked to the financial aid office and they said mainly 2 things:
a) All the entrance scholarship money was gone so I shouldn't expect anything. Also, there's nothing I can apply to right now as far as financial aid goes. They gave me some numbers for banks... for private loans... which I need a SSN for? So... not sure how that's going to work with an F-1 visa.
b) Work Study programs on campus are based on "need-based" and since I don't have any records in US (no SSN) then I'm not eligible... the only work study position is a note-taker.

Guess I'll have to find some under the desk jobs :S I'm good for 1st year with loans in my home country (Canada) afterwards... I'm thinking of transferring to the evening program since it's cheaper and I'll have more time to find an employment, get an SSN, get loans from private banks hopefully...

This whole thing is nerve wracking but I'm still excited! Anyone international attending Southwestern? GUYS WE ONLY HAVE A MONTH! AH!

mackmoves22
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby mackmoves22 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Wow, congrats to guitar519 and gl to Natalie and all others to whom a final decision has yet to be rendered. Given the time constraints and lack of available scholly money, I am strongly considering withdrawing my app soon..10+ weeks complete/in review.

mouseymouse
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby mouseymouse » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:08 pm

I was admitted in april and my registration packet is due tomorrow June 25th. you have to check a couple of boxes regarding payments that appear quite binding. If i do register am i bound to southwestern? I just got off usf waitlist yesterday and am waiting to hear from pepperdine and usd waitlists.

Any timely responses will help.

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby Airallie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:19 am

I have gotten no date change or response since going complete and in review since 4/11... Anyone else in a similar situation? Also how should we feel about the registration packet deadline having passed on the 25th of June. Do you think this is good, bad or indifferent for L1's waiting for a initial response?

SMJohnson
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:44 am

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby SMJohnson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:07 pm

In via phone call today. I had been on the waitlist since April. They want a decision by Monday though, and I am unsure if that is a binding decision or not. I've put my seat deposit down at Akron, which is ranked higher, but I would rather stay in California. I'm still waitlisted at 4 other schools so it will be a tough decision...

Tekuo
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby Tekuo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I was WL and then accepted about two weeks ago. When they called, I withdrew.

Out of curiosity-- why Southwestern and not Chapman U?

besitos
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby besitos » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:49 am

Airallie wrote:I have gotten no date change or response since going complete and in review since 4/11... Anyone else in a similar situation? Also how should we feel about the registration packet deadline having passed on the 25th of June. Do you think this is good, bad or indifferent for L1's waiting for a initial response?


I'm in the same situation. Hearing that there is not much scholarship money left is bad news. as far as i know, schools scale your registration/deposit dates and i assume the like to your admittance date.

SMJohnson
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:44 am

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby SMJohnson » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:49 pm

For those who get the call to get off the waitlist, their offer is NOT binding. Just accepted it.

harryk387
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby harryk387 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Applied to Southwestern on January 6, 2012.

File complete and in review status until Mid April - early May.

Early May, get an email saying I have been put on the waiting list and can submit two optional essays. (Did both essays along with a letter of continued interest)

Get a call from Southwestern admission office early July, asking if I am still interested in attending.

I say "Yes, definitely!" Lady on the phone says, "Oh, excellent! The admissions committee was looking over your file today and they are very interested and you should be hearing from us in the next couple of days"

Two days later I get my acceptance email.

lavidaroka
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:34 am

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby lavidaroka » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 am

wow that took a long time!! I applied March 25th and was accepted June 13th :)

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby Airallie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm

THIS IS GETTING ABCERD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I APPLIED 4/1 WENT COMPETE 4/11 AND AND STILL IN REVIEW! NO 2ND DATE CHANGE. CALLED TWICE AND I GET THE GENERIC ANSWER....WERE WORKING ON IT! WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE? WHAT R THEY DOING AT THE SW ADMISSIONS OFFICE? ANYONE ELSE IN THIS BOAT OR HAVE LIGHT YOU CAN SHEAD ON WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o [/color][/b][/b][/color][/size]

lavidaroka
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:34 am

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby lavidaroka » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:13 am

Airallie wrote:THIS IS GETTING ABCERD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I APPLIED 4/1 WENT COMPETE 4/11 AND AND STILL IN REVIEW! NO 2ND DATE CHANGE. CALLED TWICE AND I GET THE GENERIC ANSWER....WERE WORKING ON IT! WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE? WHAT R THEY DOING AT THE SW ADMISSIONS OFFICE? ANYONE ELSE IN THIS BOAT OR HAVE LIGHT YOU CAN SHEAD ON WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o [/color][/b][/b][/color][/size]


"Abcerd"
LOL!
I applied March 25 and was accepted June 13

harryk387
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby harryk387 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:35 am

Airallie wrote:THIS IS GETTING ABCERD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I APPLIED 4/1 WENT COMPETE 4/11 AND AND STILL IN REVIEW! NO 2ND DATE CHANGE. CALLED TWICE AND I GET THE GENERIC ANSWER....WERE WORKING ON IT! WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE? WHAT R THEY DOING AT THE SW ADMISSIONS OFFICE? ANYONE ELSE IN THIS BOAT OR HAVE LIGHT YOU CAN SHEAD ON WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o [/color][/b][/b][/color][/size]


Absurd* I applied January 6th, got acceptance July 6th, 6 months later!! Sister applied January 6th, got accepted February 20 or something, we had the same LSAT score, but she had a little bit of a higher GPA, but not THAT much higher....so dont really know exactly how they decide

what are your lsat score/gpa?

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby Airallie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:51 am

My LSAT is low 151 and GPA a 3.19. I am also a URM. I have learning differences. I also have good softs, I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Mongolia for 2 years. I should update SW about my internship. So all in all not out of the ball game, but certainly not on 1st sting either. I'd be lucky to make second string or special teams. Go 49ERS and Stanford Cardinal!
California girl/tomboy

Underoath
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby Underoath » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 pm

I received a phone today offering me acceptance off the waitlist...accepted offer.

Good luck to all....this site has gave me some great advice from my personal statement to study techniques with the LSAT!!! I wish everyone the best!!!

sarahyykim
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby sarahyykim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:35 pm

I still haven't heard anything from Southwestern. New student orientation is this Thursday.. they said they are still in review since 04/11/2012. Is anyone in the same situation?

username101
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Re: Southwestern 2012 applicants

Postby username101 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 am

would anyone mind sharing what kinds of questions they asked during the interview?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RickyBunny and 18 guests