In at Stanford: Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AmandaPB

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2015

Postby AmandaPB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Perdevise wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:
SpoonForkSpork wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:T-shirt fits (how do they do it?!) and the materials are awesome.

T-shirt doesn't fit. :(

What? Unheard of! You guys, I am still so freaking excited about Stanford. I really think I will end up going here no matter what else happens in my cycle. I’m in love.

I'm feeling the same way. I can't stop reading Wikipedia articles about San Jose, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the like.

Oh, so true. My favorite thing is street view of Stanford and the surrounding areas on Google Maps. Redwood forests! Multimillion dollar homes! Beaches! The bay! And of course, the campus and the beautiful Munger residences! Such an upgrade from my current situation. At least I know that the weather and atmosphere at Stanford will bring us all a little joy when law school sucks.

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:59 pm

AmandaPB wrote:Oh, so true. My favorite thing is street view of Stanford and the surrounding areas on Google Maps. Redwood forests! Multimillion dollar homes! Beaches! The bay! And of course, the campus and the beautiful Munger residences! Such an upgrade from my current situation. At least I know that the weather and atmosphere at Stanford will bring us all a little joy when law school sucks.

I did the exact same thing, Street View around Munger. As a Midwesterner, I am very excited about palm trees.

annyong

Postby annyong » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Came home to my packet today!! The shirt fits (tell me your secret, Stanford!) an a small note was written at the end of my letter that made me laugh :) Now to sort through all this stuff and make an impossible decision!!

annyong

Postby annyong » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:51 pm

nevermind.

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi,

First, let me say congrats on getting in at Stanford, you guys must be an extremely bright and motivated group! I know already I don't have much of a shot considering my 3.57 GPA, ya, even though during my junior and senior years my worst semester was a 3.95 :/ damn not trying my first two years! Well, why I am writing you is concerning the LSAT. I REALLY want to dominate this thing in June. I figure I might as well go to the source, someone who has dominated and can maybe lend me some support, insight, what exactly you did? I am shooting for 175+. Thanks a lot, and again, great job, just think about where you currently find yourself, extremely impressive!

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:03 pm

This isn't really the place for that question. I'd check the LSAT-related forums for advice.

pleasebegoodnews

Postby pleasebegoodnews » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Joining in on the fun! Got the call yesterday, still feels like a dream. I am beyond in love with SLS, so my decision is pretty much already made. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting my package and counting down the days until April : )

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:53 pm

pleasebegoodnews wrote:Joining in on the fun! Got the call yesterday, still feels like a dream. I am beyond in love with SLS, so my decision is pretty much already made. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting my package and counting down the days until April : )

Welcome and congrats! I, too, am resisting the temptation to make an official countdown to ASW.

Stig

Postby Stig » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:31 pm

cool fact: you can take a google street view tour of the Stanford campus: link

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks, Stig. So beautiful! Is it always that sunny, or was it just a particularly good day?

Maroon+Cardinal

Postby Maroon+Cardinal » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Allegedly it gets cloudy/rainy sometimes in January and February. I say allegedly, because, three days into Winter Quarter, it's been 65-68 and sunny every day so far.

Fall Quarter was very sunny. I think it was three weeks into the year before the weather was anything different than sunny. Then it rained for about three days, then was sunny for another three weeks.

Other than getting a little chilly at night (an it's only "chilly" for winter if you're used to living somewhere that never gets cold, like SoCal or Florida), the weather is gorgeous.

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm

I've been thinking about how best to explain how I feel, and the best word is 'raptured'. I feel like I've been raptured to a better world.

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Perdevise wrote:I've been thinking about how best to explain how I feel, and the best word is 'raptured'. I feel like I've been raptured to a better world.

Why do we have such a freakishly similar cycle? Right down to UVA ignoring us? Just saw your LSN and commented.

soj

Postby soj » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Because you guys are awesome and have similar numbers. :D

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

soj wrote:Because you guys are awesome and have similar numbers. :D

Haha, thanks. But it’s kind of weird to have such similar cycles with (presumably) different softs. But, like most people say, it’s a numbers game!
ETA: You’re awesome, too, Soj :)

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:39 pm

AmandaPB wrote:
soj wrote:Because you guys are awesome and have similar numbers. :D

Haha, thanks. But it’s kind of weird to have such similar cycles with (presumably) different softs. But, like most people say, it’s a numbers game!
ETA: You’re awesome, too, Soj :)

Agreed.

I'd like to think our respective softs make us YP-worthy at UVA. I can't think of anything else when they accept others with our general numbers.

princeR

Postby princeR » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

AmandaPB wrote:This isn't really the place for that question. I'd check the LSAT-related forums for advice.

Thanks for the comment, and I definitely understand and have been to that part of the forum a lot, but I just wanted to see if I could get anything out of people that I know have tested extremely high and are going to my dream school, that's all :).

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Alright, people, I just withdrew from 10 schools. One step closer to picking Stanford! If Harvard and Yale would just make a decision this would be a lot easier!

annyong

Postby annyong » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:23 pm

AmandaPB wrote:Alright, people, I just withdrew from 10 schools. One step closer to picking Stanford! If Harvard and Yale would just make a decision this would be a lot easier!

I'm currently pulling my hair out over the HLS/SLS decision, I know I should wait until I visit both schools, but it's so hard not to look at both of them during my free time - and I love different things about each of them!! (Also, I am in no way complaining about this decision and am still amazed/grateful for it every day.)

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 pm

annyong wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:Alright, people, I just withdrew from 10 schools. One step closer to picking Stanford! If Harvard and Yale would just make a decision this would be a lot easier!

I'm currently pulling my hair out over the HLS/SLS decision, I know I should wait until I visit both schools, but it's so hard not to look at both of them during my free time - and I love different things about each of them!! (Also, I am in no way complaining about this decision and am still amazed/grateful for it every day.)

Haha, no harm in researching! But, like you said, I think the visits will definitely settle things for you.

spek

Postby spek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:41 pm

annyong wrote:I'm currently pulling my hair out over the HLS/SLS decision, I know I should wait until I visit both schools, but it's so hard not to look at both of them during my free time - and I love different things about each of them!! (Also, I am in no way complaining about this decision and am still amazed/grateful for it every day.)

+1 to everything. I've started a comparison chart to help me make a rational decision. Right now a lot of signs point a certain way though.

yankees42789

Postby yankees42789 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:22 pm

spek wrote:
annyong wrote:I'm currently pulling my hair out over the HLS/SLS decision, I know I should wait until I visit both schools, but it's so hard not to look at both of them during my free time - and I love different things about each of them!! (Also, I am in no way complaining about this decision and am still amazed/grateful for it every day.)

+1 to everything. I've started a comparison chart to help me make a rational decision. Right now a lot of signs point a certain way though.

+1 as well.

My HLS vs. SLS word doc is starting to get out of hand and I find myself *constantly* thinking about the two schools. To be honest, I always assumed that if I was fortunate enough to be in this position, I'd choose Harvard. But the more research I do, the more I love Stanford and now I'm literally 50/50. The ASWs can't get here soon enough.

annyong

Postby annyong » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:35 pm

yankees42789 wrote:
spek wrote:

+1 as well.

My HLS vs. SLS word doc is starting to get out of hand and I find myself *constantly* thinking about the two schools. To be honest, I always assumed that if I was fortunate enough to be in this position, I'd choose Harvard. But the more research I do, the more I love Stanford and now I'm literally 50/50. The ASWs can't get here soon enough.

Same!! Glad we all have spreadsheets, maybe we'll need to do some swapping eventually :lol: If I can't decide after ASW, I'm pulling out a Ouji board or magic 8 ball. (No, I don't really have either of those...)

Rudolph

Postby Rudolph » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:37 pm

+1 to all the above. And yet I am drawn to both schools for vastly different reasons. I guess I always assumed that the more different two schools were, the easier it would be to decide between them. Looks like I was wrong. I imagine that I'll continue to stress about the situation right up until the visits, but I think that the ASWs will clarify things for all of us one way or the other.

takehold

Postby takehold » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Rudolph wrote:+1 to all the above. And yet I am drawn to both schools for vastly different reasons. I guess I always assumed that the more different two schools were, the easier it would be to decide between them. Looks like I was wrong. I imagine that I'll continue to stress about the situation right up until the visits, but I think that the ASWs will clarify things for all of us one way or the other.

+1, could not have said it better myself. Also, got a congratulations email from Dean Kramer today - pretty cool.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”