In at Stanford: Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kemmek

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2015

Postby kemmek » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Geneva wrote:CONGRATS:-) If I want to stay until Tuesday or Wednesday, should I book a hotel room? Dean Deal said something on the phone about staying with current students, but I haven't gotten my packet/login code yet since I'm out of town at another ASW...

I have logged in, and I didn't notice anything about staying with current students. For those of you that have requested to stay with current students, did you just email the admissions office?

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:17 am

kemmek wrote:
Geneva wrote:CONGRATS:-) If I want to stay until Tuesday or Wednesday, should I book a hotel room? Dean Deal said something on the phone about staying with current students, but I haven't gotten my packet/login code yet since I'm out of town at another ASW...

I have logged in, and I didn't notice anything about staying with current students. For those of you that have requested to stay with current students, did you just email the admissions office?

it is possible that i misheard. i logged in and also didn't see anything. i was in such a state of shock throughout the phone call that i dont trust my memory for details...sorry!

milestogo

Postby milestogo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm

has anyone seen the "to do" list mentioned in the financial aid award letter?

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello! Where are people planning to stay for ASW? Are people active on the google group? I haven't joined the group yet because my school email account was "unauthorized" to join (or something to that effect), but I will make up a new email account if it is worth it. Thanks:)

Postby 1212 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Geneva wrote:Hello! Where are people planning to stay for ASW? Are people active on the google group? I haven't joined the group yet because my school email account was "unauthorized" to join (or something to that effect), but I will make up a new email account if it is worth it. Thanks:)

I've really liked the google group. Someone started an introduction thread a few weeks ago and many people have contributed short little bios about themselves. We have some amazing future classmates!! Its been fun reading about them.

Besides, isn't your campus email going to expire soon after you graduate anyway? It may be useful to transition to one you can keep long term.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm

1212 wrote:
Geneva wrote:Hello! Where are people planning to stay for ASW? Are people active on the google group? I haven't joined the group yet because my school email account was "unauthorized" to join (or something to that effect), but I will make up a new email account if it is worth it. Thanks:)

I've really liked the google group. Someone started an introduction thread a few weeks ago and many people have contributed short little bios about themselves. We have some amazing future classmates!! Its been fun reading about them.

Besides, isn't your campus email going to expire soon after you graduate anyway? It may be useful to transition to one you can keep long term.

i just started a gmail account for this purpose and i can't get it to work!
help for the computer illiterate por favor...
i already had to call admissions once because i had forgotten that my nameis my password...*cringe*

takehold

Postby takehold » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Just so everyone knows, the 2012 ASW schedule is up on the admitted students site!

brown822015

Postby brown822015 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:13 pm

takehold wrote:Just so everyone knows, the 2012 ASW schedule is up on the admitted students site!

Where is it??

Postby 1212 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 pm

takehold wrote:Just so everyone knows, the 2012 ASW schedule is up on the admitted students site!

mmkaaaay SO EXCITED for the My Cousin Vinny discussion on Saturday. I love that movie.

You can find it by clicking on the Admit Weekend link near the bottom of the homepage of the admitted student website.

brown822015

Postby brown822015 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 pm

1212 wrote:

mmkaaaay SO EXCITED for the My Cousin Vinny discussion on Saturday. I love that movie.

You can find it by clicking on the Admit Weekend link near the bottom of the homepage of the admitted student website.

Ahh thank you!

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 pm

i can only see the 2011 schedule! maybe i need to log out and log into the website again? i am able to download 5 pages of 2011 events, but nada from 2012
~ur computer illiterate classmate to be

soj

Postby soj » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Geneva wrote:i can only see the 2011 schedule! maybe i need to log out and log into the website again? i am able to download 5 pages of 2011 events, but nada from 2012

On the home page of the admitted students website, at the bottom of the page, under "Announcements and Deadlines," click "RSVP for Admit Weekend."

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:55 pm

soj wrote:
Geneva wrote:i can only see the 2011 schedule! maybe i need to log out and log into the website again? i am able to download 5 pages of 2011 events, but nada from 2012

On the home page of the admitted students website, at the bottom of the page, under "Announcements and Deadlines," click "RSVP for Admit Weekend."

hm, i already did that. i must be missing something

brown822015

Postby brown822015 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Geneva wrote:
soj wrote:

You have to click on the "RSVP" section that is under the "Announcements and Deadlines" heading on the main page. If you go click on the "Attend Admit Weekend 2012" tab under the "Get Ready" heading, it will take you to the old page which only has the 2011 schedule.

Postby 1212 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Geneva wrote:
soj wrote:

Hmm if you still have problems, pm me and I'll email the schedule to you.

abba12

Postby abba12 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 am

brown822015 wrote:You have to click on the "RSVP" section that is under the "Announcements and Deadlines" heading on the main page. If you go click on the "Attend Admit Weekend 2012" tab under the "Get Ready" heading, it will take you to the old page which only has the 2011 schedule.

The two links actually direct you to two different web pages. I just sent Dean Deal an email alerting her to this so that they'll hopefully fix it. But in the meantime: see above.

operagrl71

Postby operagrl71 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 am

Very happy to be able to post in here :)...any thoughts on when the newly admitted will receive info about financial aid??

beevs

Postby beevs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 am

So...do we have to watch My Cousin Vinny as homework, or do you think they'll just show us the clips there? :lol:

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 am

beevs wrote:So...do we have to watch My Cousin Vinny as homework, or do you think they'll just show us the clips there? :lol:

Fear not: they show you the clips. But it's impossible to watch the movie too many times, so why not do both?

And if any of you are thinking about skipping that talk: don't. It's incredible!

beevs

Postby beevs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 am

Ooooh I don't plan to miss a minute of it. Though I am somewhat sad that each of the panels is only offered once. I know that makes sense, but it stinks that there are some time slots where I desperately want to see two panels and some where I don't feel particularly passionate about any of them.

kindaklueless

Postby kindaklueless » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Geneva wrote:
kemmek wrote:

it is possible that i misheard. i logged in and also didn't see anything. i was in such a state of shock throughout the phone call that i dont trust my memory for details...sorry!

Anybody get clarity on question of staying with current students? That's what I did for Columbia's program but since I'll be at Stanford more than one night, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and book at the Sheraton.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

are most people planning to stay for monday's programming? i found an affordable return flight for tuesday night, but that is just so late. flights leaving monday are significantly more expensive...decisions, decisions!

poultry

Postby poultry » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Geneva wrote:are most people planning to stay for monday's programming? i found an affordable return flight for tuesday night, but that is just so late. flights leaving monday are significantly more expensive...decisions, decisions!

Can anyone inform me of the dates of the Admitted Student Program? Just got in without access to ASW and the flight fare is creeping up with any minute lapsed. Also, I plan to stay on Sunday and Monday and then leave on Tuesday, if anyone would like to share lodging please PM me ASAP...thanks!

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:59 pm

poultry wrote:
Geneva wrote:are most people planning to stay for monday's programming? i found an affordable return flight for tuesday night, but that is just so late. flights leaving monday are significantly more expensive...decisions, decisions!

Can anyone inform me of the dates of the Admitted Student Program? Just got in without access to ASW and the flight fare is creeping up with any minute lapsed. Also, I plan to stay on Sunday and Monday and then leave on Tuesday, if anyone would like to share logdgin please PM me ASAP...thanks!

Friday=minority events, Saturday-Monday at 12pm=regular events. Monday is breakfast+classes, so probs not a huge deal to miss.

JF215

Postby JF215 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:11 pm

kindaklueless wrote:
Geneva wrote:
kemmek wrote:

Anybody get clarity on question of staying with current students? That's what I did for Columbia's program but since I'll be at Stanford more than one night, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and book at the Sheraton.

Some URM admits got an email about staying with current students, but that was a while ago. Looks like different student groups are handling that process. If the student group didn't have your contact info at that point (bc you were not yet admitted), I'm not sure what happens. You might want to call admissions about that.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”