In at Stanford: Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
legends159

Silver

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2015

Post by legends159 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:25 pm

You guys will probably hear about this soon but Dean Kramer is leaving in August to head the Hewitt Foundation. No clue who will replace him.

JF215

New

Post by JF215 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 pm

legends159 wrote:You guys will probably hear about this soon but Dean Kramer is leaving in August to head the Hewitt Foundation. No clue who will replace him.
:shock: :shock:

Perdevise

Bronze

Post by Perdevise » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 pm

JF215 wrote:
legends159 wrote:You guys will probably hear about this soon but Dean Kramer is leaving in August to head the Hewitt Foundation. No clue who will replace him.
:shock: :shock:
Rampant speculation?

dolphin

New

Post by dolphin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Anyone care to speculate on how Dean Kramer's farewell will affect the class of 2015?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I don't see how it will affect class of 2015. The changes he has implemented will continue as is for the foreseeable future. The bigger change might be in terms of alumni donations but that remains to be seen depending on who replaces him. That change, if any, won't affect the class of 2015.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 am

Aw, I <3 Dean Kramer or at least <3 everything i know about his vision of legal education. tough act to follow

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 am

hey! how did you guys get your username/password for admitted student weekend? i got an email about the event but am unable to access the website. thanks!

JF215

New

Post by JF215 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:53 am

Geneva wrote:hey! how did you guys get your username/password for admitted student weekend? i got an email about the event but am unable to access the website. thanks!
info will be in the packet they send you. you'll need the ID #.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:55 am

JF215 wrote:
Geneva wrote:hey! how did you guys get your username/password for admitted student weekend? i got an email about the event but am unable to access the website. thanks!
info will be in the packet they send you. you'll need the ID #.
thanks!

Fortuitous

New

Post by Fortuitous » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Accepted!!! :) Dean Dean said preview weekend is the weekend of April 19th. I want to book my flight immediately but don't have the official event schedule yet since I was *just* accepted. Would someone please tell me the specific dates of scheduled events and/or message me the schedule? Thank you! My current plan is to book my departure flight for Monday, but want to make sure I give myself sufficient time to sit in on classes and truly get a feel for ordinary life at SLS. Thoughts on this approach? Look forward to meeting most of you in a few short weeks!

kindaklueless

Bronze

Post by kindaklueless » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Congrats! When did you go under review?

takehold

New

Post by takehold » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Fortuitous wrote:Accepted!!! :) Dean Dean said preview weekend is the weekend of April 19th. I want to book my flight immediately but don't have the official event schedule yet since I was *just* accepted. Would someone please tell me the specific dates of scheduled events and/or message me the schedule? Thank you! My current plan is to book my departure flight for Monday, but want to make sure I give myself sufficient time to sit in on classes and truly get a feel for ordinary life at SLS. Thoughts on this approach? Look forward to meeting most of you in a few short weeks!
Congrats! The schedule from last year on the admitted students website had the minority preview on Friday, with the Admit Weekend program beginning on Saturday morning. On Monday there were an array of classes available to visit in the morning, so make sure you give yourself enough of a buffer to get to the airport on Monday if you want to sit in on a class or two.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:20 am

takehold wrote:
Fortuitous wrote:Accepted!!! :) Dean Dean said preview weekend is the weekend of April 19th. I want to book my flight immediately but don't have the official event schedule yet since I was *just* accepted. Would someone please tell me the specific dates of scheduled events and/or message me the schedule? Thank you! My current plan is to book my departure flight for Monday, but want to make sure I give myself sufficient time to sit in on classes and truly get a feel for ordinary life at SLS. Thoughts on this approach? Look forward to meeting most of you in a few short weeks!
Congrats! The schedule from last year on the admitted students website had the minority preview on Friday, with the Admit Weekend program beginning on Saturday morning. On Monday there were an array of classes available to visit in the morning, so make sure you give yourself enough of a buffer to get to the airport on Monday if you want to sit in on a class or two.
CONGRATS:-) If I want to stay until Tuesday or Wednesday, should I book a hotel room? Dean Deal said something on the phone about staying with current students, but I haven't gotten my packet/login code yet since I'm out of town at another ASW...

Perdevise

Bronze

Post by Perdevise » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 am

Does anyone know Stanford's seat deposit deadline? I can't find it on the admitted student site anywhere. TYIA.

yankees42789

Bronze

Post by yankees42789 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Perdevise wrote:Does anyone know Stanford's seat deposit deadline? I can't find it on the admitted student site anywhere. TYIA.
I believe it's May 1st.

Perdevise

Bronze

Post by Perdevise » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks yank.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dani.B

Bronze

Post by Dani.B » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Does anyone know of someone who had their fellowship decreased without their knowledge and after paying their deposit?

Heard this from someone currently at Stanford and it made me weak in the knees especially since I'm considering turning down full tuition at a T6 for Stanford

defrutamadre

New

Post by defrutamadre » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:42 am

Dani.B wrote:Does anyone know of someone who had their fellowship decreased without their knowledge and after paying their deposit?

Heard this from someone currently at Stanford and it made me weak in the knees especially since I'm considering turning down full tuition at a T6 for Stanford
Yikes. Does this really happen?

Fortuitous

New

Post by Fortuitous » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:50 pm

defrutamadre wrote:
Dani.B wrote:Does anyone know of someone who had their fellowship decreased without their knowledge and after paying their deposit?

I suspect that we are missing some critical information here. SLS has a massive endowment and it is against the school's interest to change a fellowship offer without a valid reason.

Fortuitous

New

Post by Fortuitous » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 pm

I may be imagining this, but I feel like Dean Deal said that we would be housed by current students for ASW. Is this indeed the case? If so, how do we connect with those students?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thisguy456

Bronze

Post by thisguy456 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Fortuitous wrote:
defrutamadre wrote:

I suspect that we are missing some critical information here. SLS has a massive endowment and it is against the school's interest to change a fellowship offer without a valid reason.
If I had to guess I'd say it was a case of a student's financial info on Need Access differing substantially to submitted tax returns, and Stanford adjusted the financial aid.

Fortuitous

New

Post by Fortuitous » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Working on my financial aid materials. To clarify, what does Stanford mean when they say "dependent(s)"? TIA

ohhailawschool

New

Post by ohhailawschool » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Have people received confirm e-mails about ASW?

I registered a fairly long time ago, but am just realizing that I never received a follow up on that...

takehold

New

Post by takehold » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 pm

ohhailawschool wrote:Have people received confirm e-mails about ASW?

I registered a fairly long time ago, but am just realizing that I never received a follow up on that...
Registered a bit ago, also no e-mail confirmation here.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”