In at Stanford: Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
11-5000

New

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2015

Post by 11-5000 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:40 pm

I called earlier today. They said an email would go out tomorrow to everyone they had recently recieved a deposit from. If you are email-less tomorrow afternoon, I'd give them a call.

defrutamadre

New

Post by defrutamadre » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:18 pm

You can also check your online application status page. I overnighted my deposit last week and it showed up the next day in red ink: "We have received your SLS Intent to Register form and deposit. Thank you."

ohhailawschool

New

Post by ohhailawschool » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh awesome. Thanks so much!

BearState

Bronze

Post by BearState » Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 am

I received email confirmation within a few days.

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Thu May 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Anyone with a May 10 deposit deadline?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fortuitous

New

Post by Fortuitous » Thu May 03, 2012 10:21 pm

I have a few more days to choose between SLS and YLS, and would greatly appreciate your input! (Yes, my SLS deadline is also May 10.)

I feel like the culture at Yale is a better fit for me, but am drawn to Stanford's program in Organizational Behavior (PhD/MBA program). I haven't yet applied to Stanford's PhD program, but will be able to take classes in the business and psyc depts even if I am not accepted. Ultimately, I want to become a professor and want to choose the school that will maximize my chances for law teaching. Yale seems to have a huge leg up on Stanford and Harvard for law teaching, but Stanford's program in Organizational Behavior is ideal. I also would love to live on the West Coast, but not forever. Opinions?

tiger11

New

Post by tiger11 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Currently deciding between HLS and SLS I absolutely loved the culture of Stanford when I went to California but the HLS notoriety may be a bit more beneficial as far as my career goals in the judiciary. Visited both schools and was much more comfortable with SLS and the west coast seems like an awesome place to spend a few years. If anyone has insight I'd love it! :D

Stig

New

Post by Stig » Sun May 06, 2012 5:08 pm

tiger11 wrote:Currently deciding between HLS and SLS I absolutely loved the culture of Stanford when I went to California but the HLS notoriety may be a bit more beneficial as far as my career goals in the judiciary. Visited both schools and was much more comfortable with SLS and the west coast seems like an awesome place to spend a few years. If anyone has insight I'd love it! :D
Sounds like HLS might be a good fit.

southwick

New

Post by southwick » Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 pm

I'll defer to Stig, but SLS is great (and getting even better) at clerkships, which are obviously the first step to getting near a career in the judiciary. If you really think you'd be happier at Stanford, I don't think you should second-guess yourself as far as "notoriety" goes. After all, Yale is best for clerkships/academia, despite Harvard's lay prestige. The playmakers in the judiciary know that S and H are peer schools and that students have plenty of good reasons to go to either.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Mon May 07, 2012 1:41 am

Stig wrote:
tiger11 wrote:Currently deciding between HLS and SLS I absolutely loved the culture of Stanford when I went to California but the HLS notoriety may be a bit more beneficial as far as my career goals in the judiciary. Visited both schools and was much more comfortable with SLS and the west coast seems like an awesome place to spend a few years. If anyone has insight I'd love it! :D
Sounds like HLS might be a good fit.
+1

tiger11

New

Post by tiger11 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:02 am

southwick wrote:I'll defer to Stig, but SLS is great (and getting even better) at clerkships, which are obviously the first step to getting near a career in the judiciary. If you really think you'd be happier at Stanford, I don't think you should second-guess yourself as far as "notoriety" goes. After all, Yale is best for clerkships/academia, despite Harvard's lay prestige. The playmakers in the judiciary know that S and H are peer schools and that students have plenty of good reasons to go to either.
Interestingly enough, this is the sentiment I think mirrors my own thinking. Granted I've heard more of the Stig, Geneva train of thought, but I looked at YHS's placements of clerkships into feeder judges/Bristow Fellows and they seem to be very similar. With that being said...it kind of seems like I have my mind made up but I really do appreciate the insight. I love hearing other people's thinking on my first world problems.

Stig

New

Post by Stig » Wed May 16, 2012 2:05 am

tiger11 wrote:
southwick wrote:I'll defer to Stig, but SLS is great (and getting even better) at clerkships, which are obviously the first step to getting near a career in the judiciary. If you really think you'd be happier at Stanford, I don't think you should second-guess yourself as far as "notoriety" goes. After all, Yale is best for clerkships/academia, despite Harvard's lay prestige. The playmakers in the judiciary know that S and H are peer schools and that students have plenty of good reasons to go to either.
Interestingly enough, this is the sentiment I think mirrors my own thinking. Granted I've heard more of the Stig, Geneva train of thought, but I looked at YHS's placements of clerkships into feeder judges/Bristow Fellows and they seem to be very similar. With that being said...it kind of seems like I have my mind made up but I really do appreciate the insight. I love hearing other people's thinking on my first world problems.
I was partially joking, but yeah, if one still thinks at this point that "notoriety" of HLS is a reason to chose it over Stanford of Yale, they should probably go there. There are plenty of fine reasons to chose HLS or YLS instead of SLS (though for me, the Harvard "brand" isn't one of them).

Now

New

Post by Now » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 pm

In general, are students able to place into their first choice study abroad program? How tough is it to gain SLS approval for outside programs?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”