Fordham Waitlist: When To Send LOCIs?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bigsby

Fordham Waitlist: When To Send LOCIs?

Postby Bigsby » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:37 am

I recently got waitlisted at Fordham. I was hoping to get in as I got rejected from my top choice NYU. However, I was wondering, since I just got on the waitlist a couple weeks ago, when is a good time to send an LOCI? What should an LOCI to Fordham consist of?

I wasn't sure if I should do it now, before the Holidays when everyone goes away and forgets about all things law school (at least the staff that works there, I'm assuming). So I was thinking I should send it in the New Year followed by a tour/talk with admissions.

What do you guys reckon? Should I have sent an immediate LOCI back (a.k.a. should i send one asap)? How does this whole waitlist thing work?

Thank you all,
Bigsby

In better news though, I got into BC! My question still stands though, as I want to practice in NY.

Thanks again!

cogitoergosum

Re: Fordham Waitlist: When To Send LOCIs?

Postby cogitoergosum » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:58 am

Bigsby wrote:I recently got waitlisted at Fordham. I was hoping to get in as I got rejected from my top choice NYU. However, I was wondering, since I just got on the waitlist a couple weeks ago, when is a good time to send an LOCI? What should an LOCI to Fordham consist of?

I wasn't sure if I should do it now, before the Holidays when everyone goes away and forgets about all things law school (at least the staff that works there, I'm assuming). So I was thinking I should send it in the New Year followed by a tour/talk with admissions.

What do you guys reckon? Should I have sent an immediate LOCI back (a.k.a. should i send one asap)? How does this whole waitlist thing work?

Thank you all,
Bigsby

In better news though, I got into BC! My question still stands though, as I want to practice in NY.

Thanks again!

TLS'ers who have gotten in off Fordham's waitlist say that it is important to stay in touch with them. They have said that "Fordham wants to be wanted," and things like that. I would think that a tour, LOCI, and meeting with admissions officer would all help to establish that you want to be at Fordham.

Congrats on BC, and good luck at Fordham. Maybe I'll see you there next year (I'm hoping to get in off WL as well).

And I would tend to think after the New Year might be better than right now...

cch24

Postby cch24 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 am

I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate place to ask this, and if you'd prefer to respond in a PM or not at all I'd totally understand but I didn't think that NYU had rejected anyone yet. Can I ask how you found out?

Thank you, congrats on BC and good luck on Fordham!

fltanglab

Postby fltanglab » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Yeah I also think after the new year is good. I'm 99% sure I will visit, I just can't figure out right now when I have less exams and can take off from classes to do it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”