In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

brogoc

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby brogoc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:16 pm

tamereth wrote:My guy basically told us that journals were a huge time sink and that he didn't think it was very helpful in regards to getting jobs. He did say that it might be helpful to join a journal targeted towards the area of law you want to practice.

Did these 3Ls hold this opinion about Law Review, too? Or just all the non-LR journals?

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Perdevise wrote:Got the call, selected as a RTK finalist. So honored and nervous about interview. Looking forward to meeting TLSers at the ASW.

Congratssss!!!
So jealous!!

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks all. I hope calls are coming up for you guys.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm

lsatcrazy wrote:5. Lunch: Again, spoke with people at my table, all very nice. I'm pretty sure one of the people at my table had legit Aspergers, and I think I may have met an undercover TLSer (seemed very knowledgable about LSP/LSN/various law school quirks etc.).

We need a code word/phrase in case you wonder if someone is a fellow tlser, with an appropriate code response. Any suggestions?

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:49 pm

blue_c wrote:
lsatcrazy wrote:5. Lunch: Again, spoke with people at my table, all very nice. I'm pretty sure one of the people at my table had legit Aspergers, and I think I may have met an undercover TLSer (seemed very knowledgable about LSP/LSN/various law school quirks etc.).

We need a code word/phrase in case you wonder if someone is a fellow tlser, with an appropriate code response. Any suggestions?

Are you a friend of Ken?

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
blue_c wrote:

Are you a friend of Ken?

Works for me. Though I don't expect you to be hard to find. Where's the kid that won't shut up about Israel? <3

TBH, I think my strategy is to just find TL and wait for everyone else to join. I want to steal some of his glorious presence.

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:09 pm

blue_c wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
blue_c wrote:

Are you a friend of Ken?

Works for me. Though I don't expect you to be hard to find. Where's the kid that won't shut up about Israel? <3

TBH, I think my strategy is to just find TL and wait for everyone else to join. I want to steal some of his glorious presence.

Yesssss, I have no idea what most of you look like, so we'll have to do the "I'm someone from the internet!" conversation.

Also, I'll be the guy with one of these:

I haven't decided which. I'm thinking (Left to right ABCD) B and D.
Last edited by thelong on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm

thelong wrote:Also, I'll be the guy with one of these:

Nice. Oh, have you had a chance to look through the book you got for Christmas? Is it any good? Also I'm expecting a new lens to arrive tomorrow. I'm very excited. I'll definitely taking it to NYC with me.

ETA: B and E? What's option E?

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 pm

blue_c wrote:

Nice. Oh, have you had a chance to look through the book you got for Christmas? Is it any good? Also I'm expecting a new lens to arrive tomorrow. I'm very excited. I'll definitely taking it to NYC with me.

I did! It's very comprehensive. Thanks again!

ETA: Which lens?

ETA2: E is all of them or "joke option."

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm

thelong wrote:
blue_c wrote:

Sigma 30/1.4

You would look pretty awesome with 4 cameras around your neck. But I would avoid it if you don't want everyone asking you why you're going to law school and not being a photographer professionally. :lol:

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Perdevise wrote:Got the call, selected as a RTK finalist. So honored and nervous about interview. Looking forward to meeting TLSers at the ASW.

Congrats! Mind sharing when you submitted?

I really don't expect anything from NYU, but it's hard to make a decision without hearing back first...

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:58 pm

blue_c wrote:
thelong wrote:
blue_c wrote:

Sigma 30/1.4

You would look pretty awesome with 4 cameras around your neck. But I would avoid it if you don't want everyone asking you why you're going to law school and not being a photographer professionally. :lol:

Niiiice call on the Sigma. I've heard about and seen some really great stuff from their f/1.4 line.

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 pm

JustE wrote:

I really don't expect anything from NYU, but it's hard to make a decision without hearing back first...

For sure. I submitted Oct 31, later than my others b/c I was waiting for the special rec. I think that's still pretty early, so hopefully anyone can hear. Best of luck!

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Perdevise wrote:
JustE wrote:

For sure. I submitted Oct 31, later than my others b/c I was waiting for the special rec. I think that's still pretty early, so hopefully anyone can hear. Best of luck!

Hmmm... I'm wondering if they're doing these in the order they were received. I was bumping up against the deadline when I submitted, so maybe there's a chance I won't hear back for a while?

:lol: Wishful thinking?

nids333

Postby nids333 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 am

I was just wondering where most of you guys stayed during ASW?

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 am

nids333 wrote:I was just wondering where most of you guys stayed during ASW?

I'll be crashing with family who live in the city.

tamereth

Postby tamereth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 am

I booked a hotel near Penn Station (Times Square South/Chelsea/Garment District are the areas tossed around on the hotel search sites). Subway got me to ASW in about 3 min.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 am

Staying with a 1L friend at NYU

hzp

Postby hzp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 pm

I will be staying at the Jane hotel.
http://www.thejanenyc.com/

thelong

Postby thelong » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 pm

hzp wrote:I will be staying at the Jane hotel.

That...looks pretty awesome. Would be a really cool place to shoot some models (with cameras, not guns).

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:48 pm

thelong wrote:

That...looks pretty awesome. Would be a really cool place to shoot some models (with cameras, not guns).

The Jane is also a really awesome place to go out! It's semi-hard to get in to though, so you'd have to go early (~11 pm or before)

thelong

Postby thelong » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:52 pm

nametaken wrote:
thelong wrote:

The Jane is also a really awesome place to go out! It's semi-hard to get in to though, so you'd have to go early (~11 pm or before)

This is why I'm so excited/grateful that I'll most likely be in NYC next fall :)

There is just so much that is awesome. And, even if I don't have the money to actually go out on what free time I have, the photographic opportunities are just insane.

It should be said that I am saying this after all of one visit to the city itself.

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:57 pm

thelong wrote:
nametaken wrote:
thelong wrote:

This is why I'm so excited/grateful that I'll most likely be in NYC next fall :)

There is just so much that is awesome. And, even if I don't have the money to actually go out on what free time I have, the photographic opportunities are just insane.

It should be said that I am saying this after all of one visit to the city itself.

I fell in love after one visit and after 4 years here, I still love it more every day. I'm excited for you!!

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:31 pm

HOLY SHIT! Just got the call, interview for RTK scholarship out of nowhere. Never expected this, especially not now. WOW. The interview sounds really intimidating though...

A free trip to New York sounds good though.... :D

Edit: Man, I'm so torn now! I feel like I should decide now-ish because the turnaround time of 3 days is too little to make an informed decision. RTK was my absolute dream when I was first looking at schools, but now I'm not so sure. I am still leaning towards Harvard because I think I'll have the same public interest opportunities (possibly more due to Harvard's name, connections, international reputation etc) and the fact is with the Low Income Protection Plan at HLS, I won't have a problem taking a non-profit job. I guess I don't see how the RTK would be THAT much better than taking a low-paying job out of HLS. Either way I wouldn't have to pay much - if any - of my loans. I do feel like I would love the atmosphere at NYU, the focus on public interest, and being in NYC to do internships on the side with organizations I love. Another downside to NYU, though, is grades. I really don't want to have to worry about grades.

annyong

Postby annyong » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:06 pm

freestallion wrote:HOLY SHIT! Just got the call, interview for RTK scholarship out of nowhere. Never expected this, especially not now. WOW. The interview sounds really intimidating though...

A free trip to New York sounds good though.... :D

Edit: Man, I'm so torn now! I feel like I should decide now-ish because the turnaround time of 3 days is too little to make an informed decision. RTK was my absolute dream when I was first looking at schools, but now I'm not so sure. I am still leaning towards Harvard because I think I'll have the same public interest opportunities (possibly more due to Harvard's name, connections, international reputation etc) and the fact is with the Low Income Protection Plan at HLS, I won't have a problem taking a non-profit job. I guess I don't see how the RTK would be THAT much better than taking a low-paying job out of HLS. Either way I wouldn't have to pay much - if any - of my loans. I do feel like I would love the atmosphere at NYU, the focus on public interest, and being in NYC to do internships on the side with organizations I love. Another downside to NYU, though, is grades. I really don't want to have to worry about grades.

Congrats!! No downside to doing the interview though, right? I'm doing the interview for the AnBryce even though I have some idea of where I'd like to end up already (and 3 days is a ridiculous turnaround). Does this mean you'll be at the March 30th ASW too?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”