In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

crumpledq

Bronze

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Post by crumpledq » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:38 pm

So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in person!

tamereth

Bronze

Post by tamereth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm

crumpledq wrote:So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in person!
As long as it doesn't end up like such:

Post on TLS: Man, I met such and such super awkward/annoying person that did XYZ
Someone else posts: Oh... that was me

:D

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

I won't be there, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:07 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

Super jelly now. Will something similar be happening next ASW?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

Super jelly now. Will something similar be happening next ASW?
Absolutely. I think next ASW you will get Law Revue tickets (that's what happened last year), but there will plenty of drinking opportunities for everyone attending ASW.

Also, I strongly urge everyone to attend as many ASWs as possible. They are great ways to get a feel for different schools and what the administration focuses on during their program is strongly correlated to what the focus will be when you're a student. Here you will get a strong PI bend on everything, for example. You'll also get to meet plenty of people that you can keep in touch with even if you don't attend the same school. It's your first legal networking event.

ETA: If anyone has any questions regarding anything ASW related feel free to ask me either ITT or via PM. I may not know the answer, but I can try and find out for you. Also, if you have any logistical concerns/questions send them my way and I can try and help as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:01 pm

tamereth wrote:
crumpledq wrote:So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in person!
As long as it doesn't end up like such:

Post on TLS: Man, I met such and such super awkward/annoying person that did XYZ
Someone else posts: Oh... that was me

:D
hahaha I'll try to avoid doing anything so extraordinarily awkward as to get called out on it on TLS. No promises, though.

seanPtheB

Bronze

Post by seanPtheB » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Siiick, guess I have to cancel all the plans I had. Can't wait to meet everyone!

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:22 pm

seanPtheB wrote:

Siiick, guess I have to cancel all the plans I had. Can't wait to meet everyone!
My personal recommendation of tomorrow night would be to go to the NYU SBA open bar and get a handful of drinks, and then if you have friends around you could branch out and meet up with people late. Or just keep drinking with 0Ls and current students. You can't go wrong as long as you keep drinking.

tamereth

Bronze

Post by tamereth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
seanPtheB wrote:

My personal recommendation of tomorrow night would be to go to the NYU SBA open bar and get a handful of drinks, and then if you have friends around you could branch out and meet up with people late. Or just keep drinking with 0Ls and current students. You can't go wrong as long as you keep drinking.
LOL This.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

seanPtheB

Bronze

Post by seanPtheB » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Haha bad joke was bad, because I'm sure there are many people that will actually have plans to cancel after reading your post. But yea, I didn't have any plans.

JAJAcinco

New

Post by JAJAcinco » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:51 pm

a macro econ midterm is keeping me from being there tomorrow -.-

do they have all the same evening stuff (read: drinkage) on friday?

bogm2012

New

Post by bogm2012 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am

So... what time do we show up? Any time between 12:30 and 2 at D'Agostino? I feel like I may have accidentally deleted an itinerary email...

planeride

New

Post by planeride » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:05 am

spaceman82 wrote:How bad off am I if I haven't submitted my NeedAccess form yet and might not be able to do so for a week or so? There are some family issues that're preventing me from getting the necessary information for the Parent portion of the form and I'm starting to get really worried about missing the financial aid/scholarship boat.
Bump for this. I called a few weeks ago to ask a similar question. They implied that as long as it's before the deadline, the only advantage to submitting early is that you hear back early. I hope that's true, does anyone have any knowledge to the contrary?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anciano

Bronze

Post by Anciano » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

bogm2012 wrote:So... what time do we show up? Any time between 12:30 and 2 at D'Agostino? I feel like I may have accidentally deleted an itinerary email...
Yep, between 12:30 and 2, though there are events starting at 1.

80eight

Bronze

Post by 80eight » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 am

planeride wrote:
spaceman82 wrote:How bad off am I if I haven't submitted my NeedAccess form yet and might not be able to do so for a week or so? There are some family issues that're preventing me from getting the necessary information for the Parent portion of the form and I'm starting to get really worried about missing the financial aid/scholarship boat.
Bump for this. I called a few weeks ago to ask a similar question. They implied that as long as it's before the deadline, the only advantage to submitting early is that you hear back early. I hope that's true, does anyone have any knowledge to the contrary?
When is the deadline? April 1, right?

planeride

New

Post by planeride » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 am

80eight wrote:
planeride wrote:
When is the deadline? April 1, right?
April 15

bogm2012

New

Post by bogm2012 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 am

OldMan2015 wrote:
bogm2012 wrote:So... what time do we show up? Any time between 12:30 and 2 at D'Agostino? I feel like I may have accidentally deleted an itinerary email...
Yep, between 12:30 and 2, though there are events starting at 1.
Perfect! Thanks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tamereth

Bronze

Post by tamereth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

JAJAcinco wrote:a macro econ midterm is keeping me from being there tomorrow -.-

Looking at the schedule, drinking opportunities are not lacking. The problem will be choosing which one(s) to attend :P

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm

tamereth wrote:
JAJAcinco wrote:a macro econ midterm is keeping me from being there tomorrow -.-

Looking at the schedule, drinking opportunities are not lacking. The problem will be choosing which one(s) to attend :P
soooo jealous! i wish I was going to a real ASW :(

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm

I'll (most likely) actually be in NY on Saturday. Just in time to miss all of you 1 ASWers :(.

Oh well, I can't wait for the end of the month to meet the number 2s.

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:05 pm

thelong wrote:I'll (most likely) actually be in NY on Saturday. Just in time to miss all of you 1 ASWers :(.

Oh well, I can't wait for the end of the month to meet the number 2s.

Awwwwwwww yeaaaahhhhhh. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Just finished FAFSA and Need Access forms. So glad to be done with them. Back to biting fingernails/waiting for other schools' offers.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 pm

crumpledq wrote:So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in prison!
FTFLMASW

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:48 am

Looks like in 2010, scholarships were released March 9: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0#p2686316 (Tuesday of second week in March)

And looking through LSN, in 2011 some people, at least, got them March 11 (Friday of second week in March)

So my guess is that we can expect them next Friday, or early the following week (March 9th-13th or so)

Mitterrand

New

Post by Mitterrand » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Does anyone know about Travel Subsidy's for visiting ASW? Can I email the admissions office and request one or does NYU simply not provide any?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”