Top-Law-Schools.comTLS
Home
Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums
 
Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 79  Next

What Section Are You?
Section 1 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Section 2 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Section 3 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Section 4 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Section 5 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Creeper option 26%  26%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 335
So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in person!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 178
crumpledq wrote:
So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in person!

As long as it doesn't end up like such:

Post on TLS: Man, I met such and such super awkward/annoying person that did XYZ
Someone else posts: Oh... that was me

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 4194
Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

I won't be there, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 16275
birdlaw117 wrote:
Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

I won't be there, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.


Super jelly now. Will something similar be happening next ASW?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 4194
Mal Reynolds wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

I won't be there, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.


Super jelly now. Will something similar be happening next ASW?

Absolutely. I think next ASW you will get Law Revue tickets (that's what happened last year), but there will plenty of drinking opportunities for everyone attending ASW.

Also, I strongly urge everyone to attend as many ASWs as possible. They are great ways to get a feel for different schools and what the administration focuses on during their program is strongly correlated to what the focus will be when you're a student. Here you will get a strong PI bend on everything, for example. You'll also get to meet plenty of people that you can keep in touch with even if you don't attend the same school. It's your first legal networking event.

ETA: If anyone has any questions regarding anything ASW related feel free to ask me either ITT or via PM. I may not know the answer, but I can try and find out for you. Also, if you have any logistical concerns/questions send them my way and I can try and help as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 335
tamereth wrote:
crumpledq wrote:
So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in person!

As long as it doesn't end up like such:

Post on TLS: Man, I met such and such super awkward/annoying person that did XYZ
Someone else posts: Oh... that was me

:D


hahaha I'll try to avoid doing anything so extraordinarily awkward as to get called out on it on TLS. No promises, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am
Posts: 414
birdlaw117 wrote:
Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

I won't be there, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.


Siiick, guess I have to cancel all the plans I had. Can't wait to meet everyone!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 4194
seanPtheB wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

I won't be there, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.


Siiick, guess I have to cancel all the plans I had. Can't wait to meet everyone!

My personal recommendation of tomorrow night would be to go to the NYU SBA open bar and get a handful of drinks, and then if you have friends around you could branch out and meet up with people late. Or just keep drinking with 0Ls and current students. You can't go wrong as long as you keep drinking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 178
birdlaw117 wrote:
seanPtheB wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
Hopefully those of you attending tomorrow don't have big plans tomorrow evening. There will be an open bar for an hour followed by a tremendous amount of free drink tickets at a nearby (read: half a block) bar in the village.

I won't be there, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.


Siiick, guess I have to cancel all the plans I had. Can't wait to meet everyone!

My personal recommendation of tomorrow night would be to go to the NYU SBA open bar and get a handful of drinks, and then if you have friends around you could branch out and meet up with people late. Or just keep drinking with 0Ls and current students. You can't go wrong as long as you keep drinking.

LOL This.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am
Posts: 414
Haha bad joke was bad, because I'm sure there are many people that will actually have plans to cancel after reading your post. But yea, I didn't have any plans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 pm
Posts: 29
a macro econ midterm is keeping me from being there tomorrow -.-

do they have all the same evening stuff (read: drinkage) on friday?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 86
So... what time do we show up? Any time between 12:30 and 2 at D'Agostino? I feel like I may have accidentally deleted an itinerary email...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am
Posts: 99
spaceman82 wrote:
How bad off am I if I haven't submitted my NeedAccess form yet and might not be able to do so for a week or so? There are some family issues that're preventing me from getting the necessary information for the Parent portion of the form and I'm starting to get really worried about missing the financial aid/scholarship boat.


Bump for this. I called a few weeks ago to ask a similar question. They implied that as long as it's before the deadline, the only advantage to submitting early is that you hear back early. I hope that's true, does anyone have any knowledge to the contrary?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 332
bogm2012 wrote:
So... what time do we show up? Any time between 12:30 and 2 at D'Agostino? I feel like I may have accidentally deleted an itinerary email...

Yep, between 12:30 and 2, though there are events starting at 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm
Posts: 204
planeride wrote:
spaceman82 wrote:
How bad off am I if I haven't submitted my NeedAccess form yet and might not be able to do so for a week or so? There are some family issues that're preventing me from getting the necessary information for the Parent portion of the form and I'm starting to get really worried about missing the financial aid/scholarship boat.


Bump for this. I called a few weeks ago to ask a similar question. They implied that as long as it's before the deadline, the only advantage to submitting early is that you hear back early. I hope that's true, does anyone have any knowledge to the contrary?


When is the deadline? April 1, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am
Posts: 99
80eight wrote:
planeride wrote:
spaceman82 wrote:
How bad off am I if I haven't submitted my NeedAccess form yet and might not be able to do so for a week or so? There are some family issues that're preventing me from getting the necessary information for the Parent portion of the form and I'm starting to get really worried about missing the financial aid/scholarship boat.


Bump for this. I called a few weeks ago to ask a similar question. They implied that as long as it's before the deadline, the only advantage to submitting early is that you hear back early. I hope that's true, does anyone have any knowledge to the contrary?


When is the deadline? April 1, right?


April 15


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 86
OldMan2015 wrote:
bogm2012 wrote:
So... what time do we show up? Any time between 12:30 and 2 at D'Agostino? I feel like I may have accidentally deleted an itinerary email...

Yep, between 12:30 and 2, though there are events starting at 1.


Perfect! Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 178
JAJAcinco wrote:
a macro econ midterm is keeping me from being there tomorrow -.-

do they have all the same evening stuff (read: drinkage) on friday?

Looking at the schedule, drinking opportunities are not lacking. The problem will be choosing which one(s) to attend :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm
Posts: 1728
tamereth wrote:
JAJAcinco wrote:
a macro econ midterm is keeping me from being there tomorrow -.-

do they have all the same evening stuff (read: drinkage) on friday?

Looking at the schedule, drinking opportunities are not lacking. The problem will be choosing which one(s) to attend :P


soooo jealous! i wish I was going to a real ASW :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2101
I'll (most likely) actually be in NY on Saturday. Just in time to miss all of you 1 ASWers :(.

Oh well, I can't wait for the end of the month to meet the number 2s.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 1283
thelong wrote:
I'll (most likely) actually be in NY on Saturday. Just in time to miss all of you 1 ASWers :(.

Oh well, I can't wait for the end of the month to meet the number 2s.




Awwwwwwww yeaaaahhhhhh. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 1283
Just finished FAFSA and Need Access forms. So glad to be done with them. Back to biting fingernails/waiting for other schools' offers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 1837
crumpledq wrote:
So excited for tomorrow! Hope I get to meet some of you in prison!


FTFLMASW


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm
Posts: 2032
Looks like in 2010, scholarships were released March 9: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=109030#p2686316 (Tuesday of second week in March)

And looking through LSN, in 2011 some people, at least, got them March 11 (Friday of second week in March)

So my guess is that we can expect them next Friday, or early the following week (March 9th-13th or so)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:59 pm
Posts: 149
Does anyone know about Travel Subsidy's for visiting ASW? Can I email the admissions office and request one or does NYU simply not provide any?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 79  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobleman300, CincinnatusND, DetroitRed, LawBron James, matlan72, MikeJD, mushypeas, Neyoung, nutella123, Pau.C., quick_silver, sheboygan!, sjay17, strugglebus, taptaptop and 42 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Login     TLS home     TLS forums     TLS wiki     Terms of Service     Privacy Policy     Copyright Policy     Contact     powered by phpBB