In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
1
6%
Section 2
3
19%
Section 3
1
6%
Section 4
3
19%
Section 5
3
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
1
6%
Creeper option
4
25%
 
Total votes: 16

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby snehpets » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 pm

avd90 wrote:
My uncle owns Katz's! Small world. Drop my name, get a free matzoh ball soup

that's actually really cool

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Bronck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:45 pm

tamereth wrote:
avd90 wrote:My uncle owns Katz's! Small world. Drop my name, get a free matzoh ball soup

:D
He knows you by avd90? :P


:lol: That'd be funny if we could get free matzoh ball soup by saying "Hi, I know your nephew avd90"

User avatar
poultry
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby poultry » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
NYC_7911 wrote:I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anything about Furman invites yet, but I haven't been following the thread too closely. No one has received one yet, right?


I haven't heard anything, no.
Last edited by poultry on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spaceman82
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby spaceman82 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:37 am

How bad off am I if I haven't submitted my NeedAccess form yet and might not be able to do so for a week or so? There are some family issues that're preventing me from getting the necessary information for the Parent portion of the form and I'm starting to get really worried about missing the financial aid/scholarship boat.

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby crooked » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 am

So who's going to be there tomorrow?

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby tamereth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:34 am

crooked wrote:So who's going to be there tomorrow?

Me! Super excited!

steelers2012
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby steelers2012 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 am

tamereth wrote:
crooked wrote:So who's going to be there tomorrow?

Me! Super excited!


Same here! Should be really cool

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby maxpower430 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:26 am

steelers2012 wrote:
tamereth wrote:
crooked wrote:So who's going to be there tomorrow?

Me! Super excited!


Same here! Should be really cool


+1 really looking forward to it.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 am

I completely forgot about this ASW until two days ago, and I have to go to Chicago at the end of March...so I guess I'm going in late April! Yay?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 am

Is there anything happening on Friday? I'm going to the CLS admit day tomorrow because I'm going to the NYU admit weekend at the end of the month, but if some of you guys are going, I want to go to NYU this week too!

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 am

steelers2012 wrote:
tamereth wrote:
crooked wrote:So who's going to be there tomorrow?

Me! Super excited!


Same here! Should be really cool


Me!

astaris
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby astaris » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Me too! Unless the snow cramps my style...

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Anciano » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:19 pm

maxpower430 wrote:
steelers2012 wrote:
tamereth wrote:
crooked wrote:So who's going to be there tomorrow?

Me! Super excited!


Same here! Should be really cool


+1 really looking forward to it.

+1. I wish we had a secret TLS handshake. If I'd thought of this earlier I'd have spent the last few months trying to grow a sweet Salvador Dali 'stache.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby JustE » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:52 pm

I'd like to start negotiating for scholarship $$$ at peer schools, but I still haven't heard back from NYU. After looking at the stats of the people who have received interviews, I doubt I will be selected. I have a full ride at Texas and 90k at Emory.

Anyone think I should hold out for NYU?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:59 pm

JustE wrote:I'd like to start negotiating for scholarship $$$ at peer schools, but I still haven't heard back from NYU. After looking at the stats of the people who have received interviews, I doubt I will be selected. I have a full ride at Texas and 90k at Emory.

Anyone think I should hold out for NYU?


You want to start negotiating from NYU's peer schools?

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby JustE » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:58 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
JustE wrote:I'd like to start negotiating for scholarship $$$ at peer schools, but I still haven't heard back from NYU. After looking at the stats of the people who have received interviews, I doubt I will be selected. I have a full ride at Texas and 90k at Emory.

Anyone think I should hold out for NYU?


You want to start negotiating from NYU's peer schools?


Yep. Nvmd. I went ahead and sent it. Even if I get an interview (not gonna happen), I won't hear back from them until April. I might be starting school end of May. I need to decide as soon as possible.

Thanks,

E

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:19 pm

JustE wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
JustE wrote:I'd like to start negotiating for scholarship $$$ at peer schools, but I still haven't heard back from NYU. After looking at the stats of the people who have received interviews, I doubt I will be selected. I have a full ride at Texas and 90k at Emory.

Anyone think I should hold out for NYU?


You want to start negotiating from NYU's peer schools?


Yep. Nvmd. I went ahead and sent it. Even if I get an interview (not gonna happen), I won't hear back from them until April. I might be starting school end of May. I need to decide as soon as possible.

Thanks,

E


Ah, ok. Well, NYU peer schools I'm assuming = Columbia/Chicago. If you have scholarship money from the, you just have to wait for NYU to get back to you before you can start "negotiating." In terms of sending them an email, I'd definitely do it, and find a way to let them know that you've been admitted to her "peer schools."

Edit: I'm not sure how much of an impact an email will have. I sent one and they just called me to see if I had any questions. Otherwise, she said they won't be letting anyone know until mid-March.

HTH.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Pretty jelly of the ASW peeps ITT. Have fun everyone. Can the next ASW group start banding together and ignoring everyone who is going this weekend?

User avatar
blue_c
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby blue_c » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Pretty jelly of the ASW peeps ITT. Have fun everyone. Can the next ASW group start banding together and ignoring everyone who is going this weekend?

Sounds good. End of March ASW is going to be so much better!

But I hope y'all have fun this weekend and report good things back. I want to have something to get really excited about. My day to day is pretty boring atm.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Quick question, did we need to do anything for fin aid other than FAFSA and Need Access?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Boston_NYG2245 wrote:Quick question, did we need to do anything for fin aid other than FAFSA and Need Access?


Nope! You can send a generic email to let them know NYU is on your mind. But you just have to wait really.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Bronck » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:15 pm

My guess is they'll start releasing fin aid info in about a week or so?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm

OldMan2015 wrote:+1. I wish we had a secret TLS handshake. If I'd thought of this earlier I'd have spent the last few months trying to grow a sweet Salvador Dali 'stache.

Last year thecilent, a TLSer went around the first ASW saying penguin to people as the TLS code word. I recommend it. Mostly for the lulz.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Also, for those of you trying to decide between the 2nd and 3rd ASWs, I believe the 2nd ASW attendees get to check out Law Revue.

For those of you unfamiliar with Law Revue, here's a quick sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GqyyjLU7MY

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Anciano » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:36 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
OldMan2015 wrote:+1. I wish we had a secret TLS handshake. If I'd thought of this earlier I'd have spent the last few months trying to grow a sweet Salvador Dali 'stache.

Last year thecilent, a TLSer went around the first ASW saying penguin to people as the TLS code word. I recommend it. Mostly for the lulz.

Awesome. Now I'm totally going to wear a Pittsburgh Penguins shirt tomorrow.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, eck456, fancyfluter22, finaciardi, Google Adsense [Bot], ramp_999, smartmoon, xn3345 and 20 guests