- A travel subsidy will only be provided to admitted students who are visiting the campus for our Admitted Student Programs or “Mondays at Columbia” events.
- Please note that in order to receive any reimbursement for an Admitted Student Program, attendance is required from no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- For those who require financial assistance, please email the Office of Admissions before the event at email@example.com
to request consideration for travel subsidy.
- If you will be visiting a number of law schools at the same time that you visit Columbia, you should inquire about assistance for travel expenses at the other schools, and inform us of any travel assistance you receive from them.
Please note: You must receive subsidy approval, in writing, from our office prior to your visit. If you submit your travel expenses after visiting the campus without prior approval, you will not be reimbursed.
Reimbursable ExpensesFor those whose Columbia-related travel expenses represent a financial strain:
- A travel subsidy of up to $250
(variable based on city of departure) to attend an admitted student event before the May 1 decision deadline will be provided.
- Reimbursable travel expenses include: fare for airplane, train, and motor coach/bus travel, or mileage for personal automobile travel.
- Non-reimbursable travel expenses include: frequent flyer mileage, hotel accommodations, meals, and local public transportation fare (airport shuttles, subways, city buses, taxis).
- Itineraries and travel expense documentation (original receipts and ticket stubs, preferably) must be received no later than May 31, 2012, by the Office of Admissions in order to qualify for reimbursement, which will only be provided after the travel has been completed.