In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
1
6%
Section 2
3
19%
Section 3
1
6%
Section 4
3
19%
Section 5
3
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
1
6%
Creeper option
4
25%
 
Total votes: 16

spakesneaker
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby spakesneaker » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:47 pm

In as of phone call yesterday :D

I'm a splitter so I can't believe my good luck!

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby so_fetch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Congrats to potential future classmates!

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I swear I have looked around for the answer... but alas cannot find anything...

Could someone please direct me to info on travel subsidies,etc. for admitted students days? Or do they not exist? :(

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby snehpets » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:09 pm

so_fetch wrote:Congrats to potential future classmates!

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I swear I have looked around for the answer... but alas cannot find anything...

Could someone please direct me to info on travel subsidies,etc. for admitted students days? Or do they not exist? :(


I don't think they exist, though I could be wrong. I think Columbia does some but not NYU.

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Anciano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:49 pm

.
Last edited by Anciano on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:44 pm

snehpets wrote:
so_fetch wrote:Congrats to potential future classmates!

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I swear I have looked around for the answer... but alas cannot find anything...

Could someone please direct me to info on travel subsidies,etc. for admitted students days? Or do they not exist? :(


I don't think they exist, though I could be wrong. I think Columbia does some but not NYU.


Correct, they do not exist.

In previous years, CLS has offered up to $200 reimbursement, but I believe this is only need based.

User avatar
Onthebrink
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Onthebrink » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:59 pm

I live pretty close to NYC so I am taking the path train from Hoboken, NJ. Got my pizza box today, expect to visit a bunch of times including the March 29-30th Admit Day. Is a TLS meet up in the works?

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby so_fetch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
snehpets wrote:
so_fetch wrote:Congrats to potential future classmates!

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I swear I have looked around for the answer... but alas cannot find anything...

Could someone please direct me to info on travel subsidies,etc. for admitted students days? Or do they not exist? :(


I don't think they exist, though I could be wrong. I think Columbia does some but not NYU.


Correct, they do not exist.

In previous years, CLS has offered up to $200 reimbursement, but I believe this is only need based.

Thank you to all who have responded to my humble question :) hmmm maybe I will get into CLS and they will be on the same weekend. Probably not. Anyway, have a good weekend everyone

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Yeshia90 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:40 pm

OldMan2015 wrote:Just bought plane tickets to NY for the March 1-2 ASW. I'm a lemming. :(

spakesneaker wrote:In as of phone call yesterday :D

I'm a splitter so I can't believe my good luck!


Congrats!


I will go to whichever one HawkeyePierce goes to.

nsbane
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby nsbane » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:04 am

When you reserve your seat by the deadline, do you have to withdraw from other schools' waitlists? I've heard some schools make you do that.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Just got the Pizza Box! This will be tough...

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:30 pm


Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Are there any West Coasters out there who have received their pizza box? I live in a city in the southwest-not going to be exact but let's just say it's near one or two strip clubs, buffets, and legal gambling. Just curious how long it takes to get mailed out. DLS 1/6.

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Anciano » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:46 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Are there any West Coasters out there who have received their pizza box? I live in a city in the southwest-not going to be exact but let's just say it's near one or two strip clubs, buffets, and legal gambling. Just curious how long it takes to get mailed out. DLS 1/6.

I live on the West Coast and got mine Saturday.

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Anciano » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm

By the way, the RSVP link on the admitted students' Web site is up. I signed up for pretty much everything on March 1 and 2. Pizza party!

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby crooked » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:13 pm

OldMan2015 wrote:By the way, the RSVP link on the admitted students' Web site is up. I signed up for pretty much everything on March 1 and 2. Pizza party!


Anyone else feel kind of silly checking off all those boxes?

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Anciano » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:01 pm

crooked wrote:
OldMan2015 wrote:By the way, the RSVP link on the admitted students' Web site is up. I signed up for pretty much everything on March 1 and 2. Pizza party!


Anyone else feel kind of silly checking off all those boxes?

I certainly did, but I then I'd feel bad if I flew all the way to New York and didn't take advantage of all the exciting opportunities the ASW offers. More importantly, I have nothing better to do for an hour here and there in the middle of the day. Although now that I think about it, there's got to be a happy hour somewhere nearby...

nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby nametaken » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 pm

OldMan2015 wrote:
crooked wrote:
OldMan2015 wrote:By the way, the RSVP link on the admitted students' Web site is up. I signed up for pretty much everything on March 1 and 2. Pizza party!


Anyone else feel kind of silly checking off all those boxes?

I certainly did, but I then I'd feel bad if I flew all the way to New York and didn't take advantage of all the exciting opportunities the ASW offers. More importantly, I have nothing better to do for an hour here and there in the middle of the day. Although now that I think about it, there's got to be a happy hour somewhere nearby...


Brad's has a great happy hour! Super close to campus :)

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Finally took a little time to think about my travel plans... I'll be at the 3/1 ASW

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby crooked » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Has anyone else received an email from an NYU professor?

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby Yeshia90 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:33 pm

crooked wrote:Has anyone else received an email from an NYU professor?


No, but I didn't ask for one.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby thelong » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:10 pm

I don't know why I didn't see this thread before. Tag!

Also, does anyone want to find an awesome apartment for me? The budget is $100 split between me, my girlfriend and my dog and we need to be right next to the law building.

This is me saying hello to sticker shock.

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby crooked » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
crooked wrote:Has anyone else received an email from an NYU professor?


No, but I didn't ask for one.


That's a good reason not to get one. I'm trying to figure out if it's the kind of thing I should answer.

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby kulshan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I just got one. I only filled out the request an hour or so ago, so the turnaround was really quick. I'm sure he probably had the main substance ready to go, but the last bit was specifically about me, so I guess they give the profs some information about you to help them personalize it a bit. Well played, NYU.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby crumpledq » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:44 pm

kulshan wrote:I just got one. I only filled out the request an hour or so ago, so the turnaround was really quick. I'm sure he probably had the main substance ready to go, but the last bit was specifically about me, so I guess they give the profs some information about you to help them personalize it a bit. Well played, NYU.


I submitted the request in mid-December and haven't heard anything. Maybe I should request again.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Postby FryBreadPower » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Need to seriously sit down and start thinking about my travel plans and which ASW I am thinking about visiting. Any consensus here on TLS about which ASW people will be going to?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”