In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

addy11

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby addy11 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Did anyone get the big cardboard NYU packet today?! So cool!

(FYI I live in NYC)

ETA: they refer to it as the "pizza box" in the letter. I think we should use this terminology to make sure people don't get confused anxious if they get the big purple envelope.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:54 pm

addy11 wrote:Did anyone get the big cardboard NYU packet today?! So cool!

(FYI I live in NYC)

ETA: they refer to it as the "pizza box" in the letter. I think we should use this terminology to make sure people don't get confused anxious if they get the big purple envelope.

Not at my mailbox, but I'm excited! What's in it?

addy11

Postby addy11 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:58 pm

snehpets wrote:
addy11 wrote:Did anyone get the big cardboard NYU packet today?! So cool!

(FYI I live in NYC)

Not at my mailbox, but I'm excited! What's in it?

It's the typical literature... a copy of their LS magazine, viewbook, faculty info, etc. and a letter from Dean Revesz. I can't wait to read through it!

jetissent

Postby jetissent » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Mail comes in an hour! Now I am excited. :)

poe

Postby poe » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Sweet, I'll be looking forward to this. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to the west coast.

curiousgeorgia

Postby curiousgeorgia » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello all, I am currently posting from mercer and 4th after my lovely visit to NYU law! The facilities are beautiful and I cannot wait to see them filled with people at ASW! Woot woot

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Holy balls Im so excited to be posting here. What's up everybody. Can't wait to plan for one of the ASWs coming up. Congrats to everyone else :)

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Holy balls Im so excited to be posting here. What's up everybody. Can't wait to plan for one of the ASWs coming up. Congrats to everyone else :)

Congrats!!!

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:24 pm

nametaken wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Holy balls Im so excited to be posting here. What's up everybody. Can't wait to plan for one of the ASWs coming up. Congrats to everyone else :)

Congrats!!!

+1! indeed!

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Take Two wrote:
nametaken wrote:

Congrats!!!

+1! indeed!

Thanks guys! Especially take two, I see you 'gratsing almost everyone who gets in :)
It looks rather odd actually since I see Dr. House being so nice to everyone. But I have gotten used to is haha.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Um, yeah so what the hell is up with needaccess? They ask you to estimate 2012 income and expenses? How the hell is that relevant / possible to do?

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Take Two wrote:
nametaken wrote:

Congrats!!!

+1! indeed!

Thanks guys! Especially take two, I see you 'gratsing almost everyone who gets in :)
It looks rather odd actually since I see Dr. House being so nice to everyone. But I have gotten used to is haha.

Haha congrats are my favorite part of the forums! But I totally see what youre saying about House, I could say I was being witty and ironic, but I suppose the real truth is I had no idea haha

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Um, yeah so what the hell is up with needaccess? They ask you to estimate 2012 income and expenses? How the hell is that relevant / possible to do?

Omg I know. Just had a big argument with my parents over filling it out and have given up for the day. I also don't know if I'm supposed to include stuff my parents paid for in my 2011 expenses or not, whether I should list my official tuition rate or the amount I actually paid (my parents paid when I was a kid for this program that provides guaranteed tuition, so my tuition expenses have been paid off for years). It's so awful and confusing.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:49 pm

snehpets wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Um, yeah so what the hell is up with needaccess? They ask you to estimate 2012 income and expenses? How the hell is that relevant / possible to do?

Omg I know. Just had a big argument with my parents over filling it out and have given up for the day. I also don't know if I'm supposed to include stuff my parents paid for in my 2011 expenses or not, whether I should list my official tuition rate or the amount I actually paid (my parents paid when I was a kid for this program that provides guaranteed tuition, so my tuition expenses have been paid off for years). It's so awful and confusing.

Yeah, this is really bad..... the last page of the student form asks you question like:
"Commitment to Future Pro Bono or Public Service"

It's like uhhh I dunno?

Regina217

Postby Regina217 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Can't believe I get to post here. Got the call this afternoon, but the real shock hit me just now :)

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:02 pm

haha congrats! :D

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

snehpets wrote:

I would just use estimates for most of that stuff. Those forms are incredibly poorly written. When I filled out NeedAccess last cycle, I didn't even have access to my parents' financial info so I just ballparked a lot of it. Most of the fields say estimates are OK. I think if you're still in undergrad (or out of undergrad but incredibly poor like me) you probably don't need to worry too much about it as long as you aren't trying to conceal massive trust funds.

I'm planning on giving it my best guess again this year when I tackle these this weekend. Hopefully my estimation of my parents' disposable income and assets won't cause horrible C&F issues in a couple years...

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Nelson wrote:
snehpets wrote:

I would just use estimates for most of that stuff. Those forms are incredibly poorly written. When I filled out NeedAccess last cycle, I didn't even have access to my parents' financial info so I just ballparked a lot of it. Most of the fields say estimates are OK. I think if you're still in undergrad (or out of undergrad but incredibly poor like me) you probably don't need to worry too much about it as long as you aren't trying to conceal massive trust funds.

I'm planning on giving it my best guess again this year when I tackle these this weekend. Hopefully my estimation of my parents' disposable income and assets won't cause horrible C&F issues in a couple years...

Ah alright, this makes sense. So does this mean you have to fill it out every year :? I wish the first question was: "Are you K-JD with no money?" I select yes, and then I'm done.

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 am

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Ah alright, this makes sense. So does this mean you have to fill it out every year :? I wish the first question was: "Are you K-JD with no money?" I select yes, and then I'm done.

I don't know if they make you redo them once you're in school, but I have to redo them all since I didn't matriculate last year. And amen to having the check box for "totally f-ing broke" especially since my parents still don't want to give me their W2 info.

gloriouscause

Postby gloriouscause » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:35 am

my knowledge is that you don't have to redo it, but i'm far from an authority. congrats to everyone who was accepted, and i'm excited for the pizza box.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 am

Nelson wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:

I don't know if they make you redo them once you're in school, but I have to redo them all since I didn't matriculate last year. And amen to having the check box for "totally f-ing broke" especially since my parents still don't want to give me their W2 info.

Ooh okay, gotcha. Yeah, filling out the parent section is going to be a bitch.

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Yay, I got the fun package today!!

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:07 pm

AmandaPB wrote:Yay, I got the fun package today!!

Why you not me? Huh? :evil:

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm

AmandaPB wrote:Yay, I got the fun package today!!

Sweet, it’ll definitely be in my mailbox when I get home from Israel, then.

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:55 pm

got my pizza box in the Midwest today! 8)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”