In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
1
6%
Section 2
3
19%
Section 3
1
6%
Section 4
3
19%
Section 5
3
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
1
6%
Creeper option
4
25%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:39 pm

snehpets wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
snehpets wrote:Have you guys applied for your loans yet? How do I even begin to do that? All I've done is accept my scholarship.

You'll get somewhat notified of this later on I believe. It was a shit show last summer. You can check out that thread if you want. I think it was all in the "Class of 2014" thread not then "In at NYU" thread. But yeah, look in June/July/August for that stuff. I'd link you to it, but quite frankly I'm feeling really lazy. :oops:


Thanks! My friend at another school applied for his like two weeks ago and I got nervous I'd missed the boat so I'm glad they'll notify us

You could always just send them a quick email or call them and see what they say. That way you can post whatever they tell you onto TLS and save a lot of people the same anxiety.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed May 30, 2012 6:45 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:You could always just send them a quick email or call them and see what they say. That way you can post whatever they tell you onto TLS and save a lot of people the same anxiety.


Image

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby snehpets » Wed May 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:You could always just send them a quick email or call them and see what they say. That way you can post whatever they tell you onto TLS and save a lot of people the same anxiety.


Image


Lol. I sent them an unrelated email already so perhaps after that I'll ask. I finally worked up the nerve to look at the fin aid stuff on the admitted students site though (since I thought I was overdue this was similar to working up the nerve to looking at the grade for a test I took still slightly drunk) and it just has June for when this process starts and July 31st as the deadline.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 pm

snehpets wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:You could always just send them a quick email or call them and see what they say. That way you can post whatever they tell you onto TLS and save a lot of people the same anxiety.


Image


Lol. I sent them an unrelated email already so perhaps after that I'll ask. I finally worked up the nerve to look at the fin aid stuff on the admitted students site though (since I thought I was overdue this was similar to working up the nerve to looking at the grade for a test I took still slightly drunk) and it just has June for when this process starts and July 31st as the deadline.

Yeah, take those deadlines with a grain of salt. Pretty sure we couldn't even access some stuff until post-deadline. Just pay attention to any emails and such that you get.

queries
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby queries » Thu May 31, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey all,
I'm really excited about NYU! Trouble is that I'm totally confused by the Need Access form (yeah, I know I'm late with this). It asks for my 2011 and 2012 finances. I get that for 2011 I can use my 2011 tax return, but what do I do for 2012? The Financial Aid office said that I should estimate my 2012 finances using my 2011 return. But how do I do that? I won't be working for most of 2012 as I'll be in law school, so 2011 isn't relevant, right? Or am I getting something wrong?
Thanks for the help.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby snehpets » Thu May 31, 2012 3:42 pm

queries wrote:Hey all,
I'm really excited about NYU! Trouble is that I'm totally confused by the Need Access form (yeah, I know I'm late with this). It asks for my 2011 and 2012 finances. I get that for 2011 I can use my 2011 tax return, but what do I do for 2012? The Financial Aid office said that I should estimate my 2012 finances using my 2011 return. But how do I do that? I won't be working for most of 2012 as I'll be in law school, so 2011 isn't relevant, right? Or am I getting something wrong?
Thanks for the help.


It's stupid, you basically just have to make stuff up (as honestly as possible of course) bc you can't predict the future.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby thelong » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Sending in transcript. Sending in College Questionnaire. It's not like doing this stuff is hard, so why is it so annoying?

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby snehpets » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm

thelong wrote:Sending in transcript. Sending in College Questionnaire. It's not like doing this stuff is hard, so why is it so annoying?


College questionnaire? Where did you get that from? I feel super uninformed/ill prepared, haha

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby thelong » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:34 am

snehpets wrote:
thelong wrote:Sending in transcript. Sending in College Questionnaire. It's not like doing this stuff is hard, so why is it so annoying?


College questionnaire? Where did you get that from? I feel super uninformed/ill prepared, haha


Attached to my "Deposit Confirmation" that came to me on 5/17. The e-mail listed several other things that needed to be done (immunization records, transcripts, tuition bills etc.) and the timeline leading up to orientation. If you haven't gotten it yet then it is probably coming soon? I think I deposited a little while before you did.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby snehpets » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 am

thelong wrote:
snehpets wrote:
thelong wrote:Sending in transcript. Sending in College Questionnaire. It's not like doing this stuff is hard, so why is it so annoying?


College questionnaire? Where did you get that from? I feel super uninformed/ill prepared, haha


Attached to my "Deposit Confirmation" that came to me on 5/17. The e-mail listed several other things that needed to be done (immunization records, transcripts, tuition bills etc.) and the timeline leading up to orientation. If you haven't gotten it yet then it is probably coming soon? I think I deposited a little while before you did.


Good thing you said that bc I never looked at that email again after receiving it

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby thelong » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 am

snehpets wrote:
thelong wrote:
snehpets wrote:
thelong wrote:Sending in transcript. Sending in College Questionnaire. It's not like doing this stuff is hard, so why is it so annoying?


College questionnaire? Where did you get that from? I feel super uninformed/ill prepared, haha


Attached to my "Deposit Confirmation" that came to me on 5/17. The e-mail listed several other things that needed to be done (immunization records, transcripts, tuition bills etc.) and the timeline leading up to orientation. If you haven't gotten it yet then it is probably coming soon? I think I deposited a little while before you did.


Good thing you said that bc I never looked at that email again after receiving it


I wonder if they would have even noticed. I mean, it's basically "well school, did XXXX have any disciplinary problems?" and I'm not sure why the transcript from CAS isn't good enough, but whatever.

I've also yet to receive confirmation that they've received my tax documents and my status on faaps reflects no change. I sent those in over a month ago.

I kind of wish that there was just a web page set up with a list of all the things you need to complete and a progress bar, rather than doing this by disjointed e-mail that they have to then sort and file as they come in along with the paper documents they need. It'd be a bit more reassuring.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby thelong » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby poe » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:03 pm

thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Same here. Did you get your first choice assignment? I'm surprised that I didn't. Upper floor rooms must have been a popular choice.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Greenandgold » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:03 pm

thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Andddd I've matched my first TLS profile to a facebook profile...

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Greenandgold » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:04 pm

poe wrote:
thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Same here. Did you get your first choice assignment? I'm surprised that I didn't. Upper floor rooms must have been a popular choice.


I didn't get mine either. Mine was for a 3 bedroom too. I figured those would be some of the less popular rooms. I'm in a two bedroom in D'Ag, which was at least my second choice.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
poe wrote:
thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Same here. Did you get your first choice assignment? I'm surprised that I didn't. Upper floor rooms must have been a popular choice.


I didn't get mine either. Mine was for a 3 bedroom too. I figured those would be some of the less popular rooms. I'm in a two bedroom in D'Ag, which was at least my second choice.


I got what I wanted - probably because I left a comment in the optional comments section saying that low price is my top priority :D

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:16 pm

thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Your Peter Dinklage avatar is amazing. Lol.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Greenandgold » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:39 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:
poe wrote:
thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Same here. Did you get your first choice assignment? I'm surprised that I didn't. Upper floor rooms must have been a popular choice.


I didn't get mine either. Mine was for a 3 bedroom too. I figured those would be some of the less popular rooms. I'm in a two bedroom in D'Ag, which was at least my second choice.


I got what I wanted - probably because I left a comment in the optional comments section saying that low price is my top priority :D


Haha, I left the exact same comment! I'm still in the cheapest 2 bedroom option so I can't complain.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby thelong » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Andddd I've matched my first TLS profile to a facebook profile...


TBF, I've outed myself pretty hard and frequently here. Friend me, yo!

Mal Reynolds wrote:
thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Your Peter Dinklage avatar is amazing. Lol.


Thanks. 8)

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Greenandgold » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm

thelong wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:
thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Andddd I've matched my first TLS profile to a facebook profile...


TBF, I've outed myself pretty hard and frequently here. Friend me, yo!


Friend request sent. I guess my anonymity is gone now too. It was fun while it lasted.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Got my studio in Mercer.

Giggity.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby snehpets » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Got my studio in Mercer.

Giggity.


Wow, it's really your lucky day.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 pm

snehpets wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Got my studio in Mercer.

Giggity.


Wow, it's really your lucky day.

Look who's talking!

Also, I met a Great Dane and a St. Bernard today. They probably both weighed over 200 lbs. It was crazy.

It is a good day. :D

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby snehpets » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Look who's talking!

Also, I met a Great Dane and a St. Bernard today. They probably both weighed over 200 lbs. It was crazy.

It is a good day. :D


Haha mostly just stressed =\ love dogs though, especially st Bernards. So adorable.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby thelong » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
thelong wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:
thelong wrote:Check your NYU e-mail, student housing info just came in. It looks like I'm in D'Ag next year.


Andddd I've matched my first TLS profile to a facebook profile...


TBF, I've outed myself pretty hard and frequently here. Friend me, yo!


Friend request sent. I guess my anonymity is gone now too. It was fun while it lasted.


And accepted.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, Google [Bot], katthegreat11, Lawschool305, nynina, Tomthecat, ZEROL27 and 26 guests