In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

hellojd

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby hellojd » Wed May 02, 2012 10:56 am

Hey all,

Sent in my deposit as well! Do we have a facebook group for the class?

And I'm DEFINITELY in for some drinks with yall up there

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:21 am

hellojd wrote:Hey all,

Sent in my deposit as well! Do we have a facebook group for the class?

And I'm DEFINITELY in for some drinks with yall up there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103146046456495/

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Just got confirmation that I passed all of my last UG classes. Woohoo! Now to research NYC for the rest of the day/summer :]

Edit: Also, let's get this thread moving a bit. What housing preferences have you guys shot for so far?

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm getting student housing. I have absolutely no social network in NY and I'd like to live right on/in "campus" and the village 1L year.

I'm planning on getting an apartment the following year, however. My GF of 3 years and my dog would like to live with me. Plus, I'd be spending less cash. I'm looking to move out to Brooklyn or Jersey, but I'd need to actually see these places first.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon May 07, 2012 4:49 pm

vincanity1 wrote:Just got confirmation that I passed all of my last UG classes. Woohoo! Now to research NYC for the rest of the day/summer :]

Edit: Also, let's get this thread moving a bit. What housing preferences have you guys shot for so far?

I shot for a 2-3 bedroom in D'ag first then for my last option or two I put in for a cheaper 3 bedroom in Mercer. Im kind of curious to see what options people get.

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Forgot to list my own info:

I'm shooting for the bigger D'ag 1BR as my first choice hail mary, probably followed by some mix of Mercer C-type 2BR's

Greenandgold

Postby Greenandgold » Mon May 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Definitely going for the 3 bedroom in Mercer to try and save some money/have more spending money. For those of you going for the rooms in D'ag, how are you working it out if you're paying for it completely off of loans? Doing the math I just didn't think any of the more expensive rooms would leave me with enough spending money on NYU's student loan budget.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Mon May 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Living off-campus. Please still befriend me!

nine-and-fifty

Postby nine-and-fifty » Mon May 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I opted for a mix of 2BR and 3BR places in Mercer. I don't really know anyone over there, so on-campus for 1L seemed a good call.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Hopefully in a lower-level 2-br in D'Ag, myself.

ssteiner

Postby ssteiner » Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 am

I opted for a larger 2BR in Mercer (F-type). I want to be social but also want my own space.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 am

ssteiner wrote:I opted for a larger 2BR in Mercer (F-type). I want to be social but also want my own space.

For some reason your comment reminded me of this.

ssteiner

Postby ssteiner » Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
ssteiner wrote:I opted for a larger 2BR in Mercer (F-type). I want to be social but also want my own space.

For some reason your comment reminded me of this.

I do like my Jesus to party.

mnkybtlr

Postby mnkybtlr » Tue May 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Has anyone found a good summary of the things we need to do now that we've deposited? I've been kind of surprised at the lack of guiding e-mails. I gather we need to send final tax data and a final transcript (by when?), but haven't found a solid list of all our responsibilities. It might be in the pizza box, but I haven't had a chance to check. Can anyone think of anything important that I'm missing? I'm sure this will be relevant for other people as well. Thanks in advance.

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:01 pm

mnkybtlr wrote:Has anyone found a good summary of the things we need to do now that we've deposited? I've been kind of surprised at the lack of guiding e-mails. I gather we need to send final tax data and a final transcript (by when?), but haven't found a solid list of all our responsibilities. It might be in the pizza box, but I haven't had a chance to check. Can anyone think of anything important that I'm missing? I'm sure this will be relevant for other people as well. Thanks in advance.

Explore the admitted students website. It's under "Enrolling at NYU"

mnkybtlr

Postby mnkybtlr » Tue May 08, 2012 1:36 pm

vincanity1 wrote:
mnkybtlr wrote:Has anyone found a good summary of the things we need to do now that we've deposited? I've been kind of surprised at the lack of guiding e-mails. I gather we need to send final tax data and a final transcript (by when?), but haven't found a solid list of all our responsibilities. It might be in the pizza box, but I haven't had a chance to check. Can anyone think of anything important that I'm missing? I'm sure this will be relevant for other people as well. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I looked there, I was just concerned that that wasn't everything. It doesn't include sending final taxes, which I think you have to do, and doesn't have due dates for a few things (including transcripts). If that's the best that's out there, though, I'll just hope I'm not forgetting anything stupid. Thanks for the tip.

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:44 pm

mnkybtlr wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:

Yeah, I looked there, I was just concerned that that wasn't everything. It doesn't include sending final taxes, which I think you have to do, and doesn't have due dates for a few things (including transcripts). If that's the best that's out there, though, I'll just hope I'm not forgetting anything stupid. Thanks for the tip.

Np. I think a lot of the due dates tend to be soft deadlines. If it's something that's bugging you, I'd recommend going through the NYU Class of 2014 and/or 2013 threads to get a better idea of the process. I've gone through both and it seems like NYU tends to drag its feet over the summer with forms and such

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:47 pm

vincanity1 wrote:Np. I think a lot of the due dates tend to be soft deadlines. If it's something that's bugging you, I'd recommend going through the NYU Class of 2014 and/or 2013 threads to get a better idea of the process. I've gone through both and it seems like NYU tends to drag its feet over the summer with forms and such

So credited. This place is a bureaucratic nightmare at times. But, the good part of that is it turns deadlines into soft deadlines for the most part. If you're unsure of something, just call them up though.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Tue May 08, 2012 4:20 pm

I... I just got my NYU email and it makes me want to cry *tears up a little* :)

thelong

Postby thelong » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

hypothalamus wrote:I... I just got my NYU email and it makes me want to cry *tears up a little* :)

Nice!

On an unrelated note. Has anyone here checked out the gym? I see that it is available for use by current students, but I didn't want to make the leap from that statement to "the gym is free!"

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Tue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm

thelong wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:I... I just got my NYU email and it makes me want to cry *tears up a little* :)

Nice!

On an unrelated note. Has anyone here checked out the gym? I see that it is available for use by current students, but I didn't want to make the leap from that statement to "the gym is free!"

It BETTER be free! Though it's not a very nice gym - I was there for a tournament a couple of months ago :D

thelong

Postby thelong » Tue May 08, 2012 4:59 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
thelong wrote:

Nice!

It BETTER be free! Though it's not a very nice gym - I was there for a tournament a couple of months ago :D

As long as they have a bench and a squat rack with enough olympic bars and weights to use then I'm happy as can be. I haven't found a picture of their weight room yet, though I can't imagine that they would not have these things.

ETA: Now that I actually take the time to explore the Palladium's website I see that my needs will be met. They also have kettlebells, which I've really wanted to give a try but haven't wanted to shell out cash to buy.

PigBodine

Postby PigBodine » Tue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

at least we can be relatively confident that the football team isn't hoarding them all for themselves, right?

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 am

Just submitted the housing app. Here's to hoping for 210sqft. Whodathunk

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 am

vincanity1 wrote:Just submitted the housing app. Here's to hoping for 210sqft. Whodathunk

...and I thought my current apartment was small. This shit cray.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”