In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
1
6%
Section 2
3
19%
Section 3
1
6%
Section 4
3
19%
Section 5
3
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
1
6%
Creeper option
4
25%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 pm

bogm2012 wrote:Anyone with an April 23rd-ish scholarship deadline have any success extending it a week?


Not me :|

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Where is the recent alumni panel @5:30 today?

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Unagi wrote:
bogm2012 wrote:Anyone with an April 23rd-ish scholarship deadline have any success extending it a week?


Not me :|

I haven't heard anything...

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Unagi wrote:
bogm2012 wrote:Anyone with an April 23rd-ish scholarship deadline have any success extending it a week?


Not me :|

I haven't heard anything...


Do you guys think they're gonna answer us tomorrow? Or are they going to wait until Monday (or even after that)???
If you don't hear back, are you still depositing?

kleenbean88
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby kleenbean88 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I spoke to someone at financial aid today and she said I'd get the extension, and she wasn't even looking at my file. I just said I needed a day or two. She seemed fine with it. Said I'd hear back very soon.
Unagi wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Unagi wrote:
bogm2012 wrote:Anyone with an April 23rd-ish scholarship deadline have any success extending it a week?


Not me :|

I haven't heard anything...


Do you guys think they're gonna answer us tomorrow? Or are they going to wait until Monday (or even after that)???
If you don't hear back, are you still depositing?

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 am

kleenbean88 wrote:I spoke to someone at financial aid today and she said I'd get the extension, and she wasn't even looking at my file. I just said I needed a day or two. She seemed fine with it. Said I'd hear back very soon.


Since I didn't get the extension, I really hope this "very soon" means today! :|

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Unagi wrote:
kleenbean88 wrote:I spoke to someone at financial aid today and she said I'd get the extension, and she wasn't even looking at my file. I just said I needed a day or two. She seemed fine with it. Said I'd hear back very soon.


Since I didn't get the extension, I really hope this "very soon" means today! :|


Deadline appeal denied today...while I'm visiting NYU for the first time. Due Monday. lulz, ridiculous.
Last edited by Doorkeeper on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lovelaughliv
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby lovelaughliv » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Any hope of hearing back on appeals today?

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 pm

lovelaughliv wrote:Any hope of hearing back on appeals today?


I'm going crazy here!
I was really hoping to hear today... I would call to ask, but I'm not in US so it would be a very expensive call...
I sent them an email last Friday and they answered me early this week telling they HOPED to evaluate this week.
Do you also have your deadline this Monday?

User avatar
lovelaughliv
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby lovelaughliv » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Unagi wrote:
lovelaughliv wrote:Any hope of hearing back on appeals today?


I'm going crazy here!
I was really hoping to hear today... I would call to ask, but I'm not in US so it would be a very expensive call...
I sent them an email last Friday and they answered me early this week telling they HOPED to evaluate this week.
Do you also have your deadline this Monday?

Yep, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do if I don't hear back. Are we supposed to deposit before getting a response? Because that won't work too well...

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:04 pm

lovelaughliv wrote:
Unagi wrote:
lovelaughliv wrote:Any hope of hearing back on appeals today?


I'm going crazy here!
I was really hoping to hear today... I would call to ask, but I'm not in US so it would be a very expensive call...
I sent them an email last Friday and they answered me early this week telling they HOPED to evaluate this week.
Do you also have your deadline this Monday?

Yep, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do if I don't hear back. Are we supposed to deposit before getting a response? Because that won't work too well...


Yes, we're supposed to deposit.

Didn't you get this email when you appealed?

Thank you for your email and congratulations on your acceptance! I have sent you an email regarding the appeals process.. We are unable to guarantee you will receive a decision on your request for reconsideration prior to your deadline to accept or decline your current offer. Therefore, you may need to make a decision based on the information you have received to date. We make every effort to respond to requests for reconsideration in a timely manner. However, our priority at this point is to ensure that students who have not yet received a first award notification receive an initial decision before appeals are reviewed.
Please bear in mind that accepting or declining your current award neither withdraws nor interferes with your request for reconsideration. The reconsideration process will proceed whether you accept or decline your current award by the deadline date.
If you choose to accept your current award and we subsequently determine that we are able to increase your award, you will (of course) be notified and we will give you a new deadline date. Please bear in mind that any award offer not accepted by the deadline date is forfeited.

User avatar
lovelaughliv
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby lovelaughliv » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Unagi wrote:
lovelaughliv wrote:
Unagi wrote:
lovelaughliv wrote:Any hope of hearing back on appeals today?


I'm going crazy here!
I was really hoping to hear today... I would call to ask, but I'm not in US so it would be a very expensive call...
I sent them an email last Friday and they answered me early this week telling they HOPED to evaluate this week.
Do you also have your deadline this Monday?

Yep, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do if I don't hear back. Are we supposed to deposit before getting a response? Because that won't work too well...


Yes, we're supposed to deposit.

Didn't you get this email when you appealed?

Thank you for your email and congratulations on your acceptance! I have sent you an email regarding the appeals process.. We are unable to guarantee you will receive a decision on your request for reconsideration prior to your deadline to accept or decline your current offer. Therefore, you may need to make a decision based on the information you have received to date. We make every effort to respond to requests for reconsideration in a timely manner. However, our priority at this point is to ensure that students who have not yet received a first award notification receive an initial decision before appeals are reviewed.
Please bear in mind that accepting or declining your current award neither withdraws nor interferes with your request for reconsideration. The reconsideration process will proceed whether you accept or decline your current award by the deadline date.
If you choose to accept your current award and we subsequently determine that we are able to increase your award, you will (of course) be notified and we will give you a new deadline date. Please bear in mind that any award offer not accepted by the deadline date is forfeited.

No, I didn't receive it. Odd. Maybe I somehow missed it. But that certainly helps, thanks!

Declining the award won't interfere with the request for reconsideration either? So if under current circumstances we'd take another school's offer, we can decline the current award and have the chance to deposit under a new deadline later? Of course with the chance that they'd deny the appeal, but then we would just take the other school.

kleenbean88
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby kleenbean88 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 pm

At ASW and loving it!! Pretty sure I'm depositing here!!

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:42 pm

lovelaughliv wrote:
Declining the award won't interfere with the request for reconsideration either? So if under current circumstances we'd take another school's offer, we can decline the current award and have the chance to deposit under a new deadline later? Of course with the chance that they'd deny the appeal, but then we would just take the other school.


Yeah, I guess it won't interfere.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:46 pm

FYI: If you call up Financial Services you stand a better shot at your appeal being successful, or at least getting a couple extra days.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:FYI: If you call up Financial Services you stand a better shot at your appeal being successful, or at least getting a couple extra days.


?? Wasn't your extension request denied??

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Unagi wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:FYI: If you call up Financial Services you stand a better shot at your appeal being successful, or at least getting a couple extra days.


?? Wasn't your extension request denied??


Yea, but then I called them and they gave me 2 days. Better than nothing.

User avatar
80eight
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby 80eight » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Has anybody heard back about scholarship appeals (not deadline) in the last two weeks?

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:FYI: If you call up Financial Services you stand a better shot at your appeal being successful, or at least getting a couple extra days.


?? Wasn't your extension request denied??


Yea, but then I called them and they gave me 2 days. Better than nothing.


Oh, ok! Thanks!
I guess if they gave you 2 days we aren't going to hear before the deadline :|

User avatar
lovelaughliv
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby lovelaughliv » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Scholarship appeal denied. Ah well. Wasn't expecting much but at least I tried. And it's awesome they got back to me before the deadline! On a Sunday too, which is odd. Anyone else hear back?

User avatar
cjcregg
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby cjcregg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:41 pm

I was denied too. Will be withdrawing soon :( Why'd the food at ASW have to be so good?! :(

User avatar
sn20
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby sn20 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:51 pm

When did you guys appeal?

User avatar
lovelaughliv
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby lovelaughliv » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:14 pm

sn20 wrote:When did you guys appeal?

About 10 days ago.

spiritniffler189
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:04 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby spiritniffler189 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:29 pm

lovelaughliv wrote:Scholarship appeal denied. Ah well. Wasn't expecting much but at least I tried. And it's awesome they got back to me before the deadline! On a Sunday too, which is odd. Anyone else hear back?


Heard back today too, also denied. Sadly withdrawing.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Unagi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Also denied.
I sent my appeal on 04/11.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”