In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

Yeshia90

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 am

blue_c wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:This, so hard. That Artichoke pizza was unfuckingbelievable.

Yesh, you slept in and didn't even get the good stuff. Friday breakfast and lunch were very good. Make the little bit of effort and go. Plus you can talk to faculty. The guy at my breakfast table was way cool. The guy at lunch was nice, but not nearly as interesting to talk to IMO.

I had lunch Friday. I'm not a salmon guy, so I got the vegetarian option, and while eggplant on polenta is good, it's not transcendent. As for breakfast, my everything bagel probably beat whatever they had. And let's not overlook the delicious refreshments for Thursday's lunch. Turkey burger with pepper jack and chipotle aioli! Malted milkshakes! Belgian fries with dipping sauces! So glorious. And then the Friday evening reception. Oh, god, that was amazing. THE HALF SOUR PICKLES!!! I kind of really want to go back for more.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 am

Yeshia90 wrote:
blue_c wrote:

Yesh, you slept in and didn't even get the good stuff. Friday breakfast and lunch were very good. Make the little bit of effort and go. Plus you can talk to faculty. The guy at my breakfast table was way cool. The guy at lunch was nice, but not nearly as interesting to talk to IMO.

I had lunch Friday. I'm not a salmon guy, so I got the vegetarian option, and while eggplant on polenta is good, it's not transcendent. As for breakfast, my everything bagel probably beat whatever they had. And let's not overlook the delicious refreshments for Thursday's lunch. Turkey burger with pepper jack and chipotle aioli! Malted milkshakes! Belgian fries with dipping sauces! So glorious. And then the Friday evening reception. Oh, god, that was amazing. THE HALF SOUR PICKLES!!! I kind of really want to go back for more.

Lololol you took so many half sour pickles.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:39 am

Bronck wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
blue_c wrote:

Lololol you took so many half sour pickles.

Dude, half-sour pickles are the greatest thing ever. And you can't them anywhere in [College town].

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 am

Yeshia90 wrote:Dude, half-sour pickles are the greatest thing ever. And you can't them anywhere in [College town].

Maybe you'll have to subway uptown and we can have half-sour pickle + beer parties. <-- I know, I know. You'll make me travel to the Village, lol.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 am

Bronck wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:Dude, half-sour pickles are the greatest thing ever. And you can't them anywhere in [College town].

Maybe you'll have to subway uptown and we can have half-sour pickle + beer parties. <-- I know, I know. You'll make me travel to the Village, lol.

We can always meet in midtown.

Wait, fuck that. Midtown blows.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:53 am

Yeshia90 wrote:
Bronck wrote:

Meet up in TS and we can act like tourists!!

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 am

Bronck wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
Bronck wrote:

Meet up in TS and we can act like tourists!!

Well, you still are one.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 am

Yeshia90 wrote:Well, you still are one.

Won't be in <4 months, duder.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:07 am

Yeshia90 wrote:Wait, fuck that. Midtown blows.

I stayed in Midtown for ASW and I had never been to NYC before. I hated midtown too and I was pretty damn nervous I wouldn't like any part of New York after getting there the first day. Luckily the Village is amazing.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:08 am

Downtown > Midtown, fo sho. But Midtown is still > other parts of the country.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:39 am

Half sour pickles are tasty. I still think the quiche with balsamic vinegar for breakfast was the best. Plus fresh mango that was actually tasty. Its so hard to find good mango.

Also, I'm excited to go to NYC and not be a tourist.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:44 am

I used to be a tourist like you, and then I took an arrow in the knee.

(It had to be done, right?)

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:51 am

Bronck wrote:I used to be a tourist like you, and then I took an arrow in the knee.

(It had to be done, right?)

No.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 am

All this talk of food is making me hungry.

Also, I sent a deadline appeal for my scholarship and haven't heard anything back in 4 or 5 days. Is this normal? The deadline is Monday...

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:14 am

Doorkeeper wrote:All this talk of food is making me hungry.

Also, I sent a deadline appeal for my scholarship and haven't heard anything back in 4 or 5 days. Is this normal? The deadline is Monday...

I heard a couple of days before my deadline and it took them about a week to respond to me. So I would say yeah, it's normal.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 am

Elendil wrote:

I heard a couple of days before my deadline and it took them about a week to respond to me. So I would say yeah, it's normal.

Thanks. Oh Elendil, why does it feel like we're always in the same position this application cycle?

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:30 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
Elendil wrote:

Thanks. Oh Elendil, why does it feel like we're always in the same position this application cycle?

I was just thinking the exact same thing! I feel like I'm having (almost) the exact same cycle as you, snehpets, and a couple of others...

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 am

Elendil wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Elendil wrote:

I was just thinking the exact same thing! I feel like I'm having (almost) the exact same cycle as you, snehpets, and a couple of others...

Haha yea. May we all be snatched up via a Harvard last minute acceptance and we can share many beers about the ridiculousness of this cycle in the fall. Or consume many beers in NYC lamenting this cycle. Either one. haha.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 am

I submitted my appeal on April 11 and asked them when I should hear an answer. They said they hope to review appeals sometime this week...

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 am

Doorkeeper wrote:Haha yea. May we all be snatched up via a Harvard last minute acceptance and we can share many beers about the ridiculousness of this cycle in the fall. Or consume many beers in NYC lamenting this cycle. Either one. haha.

Cheers to that! haha

madvillain

Postby madvillain » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 am

Much as I hope to enjoy NYU's ASW tomorrow, I second the following sentiment....

Doorkeeper wrote:Haha yea. May we all be snatched up via a Harvard last minute acceptance and we can share many beers about the ridiculousness of this cycle in the fall. Or consume many beers in NYC lamenting this cycle. Either one. haha.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 am

blue_c wrote:Half sour pickles are tasty. I still think the quiche with balsamic vinegar for breakfast was the best. Plus fresh mango that was actually tasty. Its so hard to find good mango.

Also, I'm excited to go to NYC and not be a tourist.

WHAT? NOBODY TOLD ME THERE WAS FRESH MANGO!
or balsamic vinegar...

izy223

Postby izy223 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Elendil wrote:

i would also call them,

i called them and asked when i would hear back and got an answer the next day

brewbain

Postby brewbain » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Wow, lots of valuable information, thank you. However, I got my KB2 today, so I think I'm just going to enjoy the NYU food and relax in the Village, since there's nothing I can do about my plane tickets. Thanks for all the tips though!

bogm2012

Postby bogm2012 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Anyone with an April 23rd-ish scholarship deadline have any success extending it a week?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”