In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
1
6%
Section 2
3
19%
Section 3
1
6%
Section 4
3
19%
Section 5
3
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
1
6%
Creeper option
4
25%
 
Total votes: 16

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 pm

addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?


It's just a standard acceptance letter, with a very nice little sticky note from the dean. More to come, apparently.


Ah, ok. I guess I was just spoiled by the Berkeley packet, lol.

Still, I can't wait for that letter and sticky note!

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby addy11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 pm

poe wrote:
addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?


It's just a standard acceptance letter, with a very nice little sticky note from the dean. More to come, apparently.


Ah, ok. I guess I was just spoiled by the Berkeley packet, lol.

Still, I can't wait for that letter and sticky note!


After Cornell did us wrong earlier in the day, it's pretty easy to forget about Ithaca when you're holding the big purple envelope. :)

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:45 pm

addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:
addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?


It's just a standard acceptance letter, with a very nice little sticky note from the dean. More to come, apparently.


Ah, ok. I guess I was just spoiled by the Berkeley packet, lol.

Still, I can't wait for that letter and sticky note!


After Cornell did us wrong earlier in the day, it's pretty easy to forget about Ithaca when you're holding the big purple envelope. :)


Haha, exactly! I think I'll send Cornell my withdrawal email in purple text. ;)

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby addy11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Also, on the off chance that ad comms read these forums:

NYU's acceptance letter stationery is pretty fantastic.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby crumpledq » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:53 pm

addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:
addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?


It's just a standard acceptance letter, with a very nice little sticky note from the dean. More to come, apparently.


Ah, ok. I guess I was just spoiled by the Berkeley packet, lol.

Still, I can't wait for that letter and sticky note!


After Cornell did us wrong earlier in the day, it's pretty easy to forget about Ithaca when you're holding the big purple envelope. :)


Amen.

NervousNelly
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby NervousNelly » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:04 am

Hi potential future classmates!
I got into NYU while I was banned from tls, but I wanted to give a shoutout!

gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby gloriouscause » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:54 am

What types of things did these sticky notes say? I'm on the west coast and probably won't be getting mine for a little while.

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby curiouscat » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Sounds like they just had personalized comments about stuff you mentioned in your application.

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby curiousgeorgia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Also, for whoever said that someone described the envelope as blue, I could totally see making that mistake. If I weren't looking for purple, I would have been confused. it's like this color

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby crooked » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Got my envelope today! For those still waiting, I live in the suburbs of NY and I was DLS on Monday.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby addy11 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:34 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:Also, for whoever said that someone described the envelope as blue, I could totally see making that mistake. If I weren't looking for purple, I would have been confused. it's like this color


Yeah! I was surprised that it wasn't the purple you see on the flags all around NYU in NYC. It had an indigo hue.

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby curiousgeorgia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:26 pm

addy11 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Also, for whoever said that someone described the envelope as blue, I could totally see making that mistake. If I weren't looking for purple, I would have been confused. it's like this color


Yeah! I was surprised that it wasn't the purple you see on the flags all around NYU in NYC. It had an indigo hue.


Haha yeah, when I saw it, I pictured someone poor kid at the local kinkos getting reamed for printing it on the wrong shade of purple. "This is indigo! It was supposed to be violet! You've ruined everything!"

Only it was probably a lot less dramatic than that.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm pretty sure my mail person delivered my letter to the wrong house. Was mailed on Monday, I definitely should have gotten it by now... :(

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby addy11 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Boston_NYG2245 wrote:I'm pretty sure my mail person delivered my letter to the wrong house. Was mailed on Monday, I definitely should have gotten it by now... :(


If it makes you feel any better, mine was "sent" on Monday, but the post mark is for the 14th.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:57 pm

addy11 wrote:
Boston_NYG2245 wrote:I'm pretty sure my mail person delivered my letter to the wrong house. Was mailed on Monday, I definitely should have gotten it by now... :(


If it makes you feel any better, mine was "sent" on Monday, but the post mark is for the 14th.


Oh, lame! I wouldn't be surprised if West Coasters don't get them until Monday then.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby addy11 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
addy11 wrote:
Boston_NYG2245 wrote:I'm pretty sure my mail person delivered my letter to the wrong house. Was mailed on Monday, I definitely should have gotten it by now... :(


If it makes you feel any better, mine was "sent" on Monday, but the post mark is for the 14th.


Oh, lame! I wouldn't be surprised if West Coasters don't get them until Monday then.


Yeah. Really though it's not very special, aside from the note. Even then, Dean K has to write maybe 100 of these (and a sticky note is only so large!), so they have to be short.

I think all of this talk of "Giant Purple Envelope" made me think that it would be similar to what I hear Vandy people receive, which sounds awesome. Instead it's just a standard admissions letter, a really awesome sticky note and a paper which you use to either confirm you're attending or withdrawing.

Truthfully I look forward to the additional materials alluded to in the letter that will be coming at a mystery future date. Also, on the off chance that anyone is watching these boards, how about some outreach? Academic interest, interest/diversity group affiliation, named scholarship eligibility, etc. Then again I realize I'm being unreasonable... they probably just went through hell and are justified if they want to enjoy their holidays.

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby indigomachine » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:50 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
addy11 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Also, for whoever said that someone described the envelope as blue, I could totally see making that mistake. If I weren't looking for purple, I would have been confused. it's like this color


Yeah! I was surprised that it wasn't the purple you see on the flags all around NYU in NYC. It had an indigo hue.


Haha yeah, when I saw it, I pictured someone poor kid at the local kinkos getting reamed for printing it on the wrong shade of purple. "This is indigo! It was supposed to be violet! You've ruined everything!"

Only it was probably a lot less dramatic than that.


Did someone say indigo? :P

I'm a dork and totally just found this, despite being in the first wave of ED admits. Lazy-TLS-boy is lazy.

User avatar
yansky22
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby yansky22 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Oh but the paper, my friends! Did you feel how thick the paper was?!

And I rather enjoyed the indigo envelope. I hate purple

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby indigomachine » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 pm

yansky22 wrote:Oh but the paper, my friends! Did you feel how thick the paper was?!

And I rather enjoyed the indigo envelope. I hate purple


Haha after I read this, I went back to feel the paper. God, I'm weird :\

I normally hate purple too, but in this instance, I was willing to make an exception ;)

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby amc987 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:03 pm

indigomachine wrote:I normally hate purple too, but in this instance, I was willing to make an exception


+1. It was one of the prettiest shades of purple I've ever seen. So excited about NYU!

User avatar
cashew
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby cashew » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:35 pm

To add to the when-will-my-letter-arrive discussion, I was accepted on 12/6 and I still haven't received mine. I live in Canada though.

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby curiouscat » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 am

Haha, I think that those of us in Canada still have a bit of a wait ahead of us (as always... sigh), especially if people in the New York area are just receiving their letters now.

cashew wrote:To add to the when-will-my-letter-arrive discussion, I was accepted on 12/6 and I still haven't received mine. I live in Canada though.

User avatar
cashew
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby cashew » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 am

curiouscat wrote:Haha, I think that those of us in Canada still have a bit of a wait ahead of us (as always... sigh), especially if people in the New York area are just receiving their letters now.

cashew wrote:To add to the when-will-my-letter-arrive discussion, I was accepted on 12/6 and I still haven't received mine. I live in Canada though.



I was accepted in the first round of ED.. so almost two weeks ago :?

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby crumpledq » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:35 am

Got my letter today here in DC. Purple is such a pretty color :)

gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Postby gloriouscause » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Got my envelope yesterday, surprised because I'm in California




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Cognitiveproblem, goldescholes, KeYe88, NotAGolfer, spursforever, tinafeyclone, Torres1893, xholdman, zeglo and 10 guests