In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

blue_c

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby blue_c » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 pm

soj wrote:TLSers who've met me IRL can attest to my resemblance to Matthew Rhys, Ben Cohen, Mo'Nique, and young Jack Nicholson.

Incredibly accurate.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:52 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
soj wrote:TLSers who've met me IRL can attest to my resemblance to Matthew Rhys, Ben Cohen, Mo'Nique, and young Jack Nicholson.

The only resemblance I usually get is Xenia Onatopp, and I haven't even seen GoldenEye.

Being compared to Famke Janssen can never be a bad thing...

crooked

Postby crooked » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 pm

hypothalamus wrote:

The only resemblance I usually get is Xenia Onatopp, and I haven't even seen GoldenEye.

You should see GoldenEye.

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm

hypothalamus wrote:

You are def. missing out. Rent it.

bogm2012

Postby bogm2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm

hypothalamus wrote:

Whether this is commentary on your comeliness, your alarming thigh strength or your ability to adroitly and simultaneously wield an RC-P90 and a grenade launcher, this is the acme of compliments.

yankees42789

Postby yankees42789 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Perdevise wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

Definitely. And then get the N64 video game and spend your entire 0L summer playing it.

izy223

Postby izy223 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 pm

yankees42789 wrote:
Perdevise wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

Definitely. And then get the N64 video game and spend your entire 0L summer playing it.

you should actually start from now bec you need at least 6 months to get it out of your system, dont want to be stucking playing it during 1l

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:15 pm

izy223 wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:
Perdevise wrote:You are def. missing out. Rent it.

you should actually start from now bec you need at least 6 months to get it out of your system, dont want to be stucking playing it during 1l

Who rents movies these days? I'm sure I can find it for free online :D Though I have seen the scene where she kills the guy with her thighs (partly why some friends decided I remind them of Xenia).

I'm also notorious for games addictions. I've been playing Doodle Jump on my iPhone for months now, and I still can't resist every time I get on the subway... :|

lameslice57

Postby lameslice57 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm

When did people who received a decision on their financial aid appeal actually submit? I submitted March 24 and I'm worried I didn't do it right. All you had to do was press submit on the appeals tab right? No confirmation email or anything?

bk641

Postby bk641 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:44 am

izy223 wrote:

you need three other people for the optimal experience though...

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 am

bk641 wrote:
izy223 wrote:

you need three other people for the optimal experience though...

Quoted for truth.

izy223

Postby izy223 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:31 am

lameslice57 wrote:When did people who received a decision on their financial aid appeal actually submit? I submitted March 24 and I'm worried I didn't do it right. All you had to do was press submit on the appeals tab right? No confirmation email or anything?

yes thats all you had to do but i would call them. I called them and asked them when i was oging ot hear they said within a week and got back to me a day later-

I didnt get anything extra but i dont think thats why

a.psu

Postby a.psu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Has anyone who applied for a named scholarship but didn't get it heard about fin aid yet? I've heard that today or monday is the next batch.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 pm

a.psu wrote:Has anyone who applied for a named scholarship but didn't get it heard about fin aid yet? I've heard that today or monday is the next batch.

Still waiting... :(

thelong

Postby thelong » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Unagi wrote:
a.psu wrote:Has anyone who applied for a named scholarship but didn't get it heard about fin aid yet? I've heard that today or monday is the next batch.

a.psu

Postby a.psu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:07 pm

thelong wrote:
Unagi wrote:

Sigh at least I'm not the only one

annyong

Postby annyong » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:22 pm

a.psu wrote:
thelong wrote:
Unagi wrote:

Sigh at least I'm not the only one

We had until yesterday, end of business hours, to say yes or no - so it's likely that the next batch would be at the beginning of next week, considering it may/may not be a holiday today.

thelong

Postby thelong » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm

annyong wrote:We had until yesterday, end of business hours, to say yes or no - so it's likely that the next batch would be at the beginning of next week, considering it may/may not be a holiday today.

I was wondering about this. I'm trying not to be too curious about what their process looks like but I wonder if they go back to the drawing board and reevaluate their options or if they composed a sequential list before sending out the first group of ten offers.

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:27 pm

annyong wrote: considering it may/may not be a holiday today.

FYI I called both admissions and financial aid (on other matters) today, and staff were in both offices. I don't think the offices close for Good Friday.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Saturday Dean Revesz said we should hear back in one week, right?
I was really hoping to get the news today, otherwise this will be a very long weekend.
By the way, I went to last year's thread and someone got a Root offer on what would be next Monday. So I think they may still have some alternates, who knows.
I'm just hoping they can offer us some money. I'll be devastated if I get 0 and I'm really afraid of it since my numbers are low...

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Unagi wrote:Saturday Dean Revesz said we should hear back in one week, right?
I was really hoping to get the news today, otherwise this will be a very long weekend.
By the way, I went to last year's thread and someone got a Root offer on what would be next Monday. So I think they may still have some alternates, who knows.
I'm just hoping they can offer us some money. I'll be devastated if I get 0 and I'm really afraid of it since my numbers are low...

Right there with you. My numbers aren't that low, but they're also probably not worth 75K :D

thelong

Postby thelong » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:42 pm

hypothalamus wrote:

Right there with you. My numbers aren't that low, but they're also probably not worth 75K :D

Yeah... I'd be pretty down to go from a shot at a full ride to paying sticker. I've got unfortunate numbers. Add 0.2 to my GPA and I think I'd be in a great position. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Greenandgold

Postby Greenandgold » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 pm

thelong wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

Yeah... I'd be pretty down to go from a shot at a full ride to paying sticker. I've got unfortunate numbers. Add 0.2 to my GPA and I think I'd be in a great position. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Well we've got the same gpa and you've got a higher LSAT and they offered me 37.5/45 so I think you'll be getting something. Got my fingers crossed for ya.

thelong

Postby thelong » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
thelong wrote:

Well we've got the same gpa and you've got a higher LSAT and they offered me 37.5/45 so I think you'll be getting something. Got my fingers crossed for ya.

<3 This is exactly the kind of thing I need to hear! I just need something from NYU. I mean, it's my only realistic option at this point unless I see some WL movement, so I'm pretty positive that I'll be in the village next year. I just need something less than sticker dangit!

crooked

Postby crooked » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:17 pm

I can't imagine that anyone who's in the running for a full-ride scholarship won't get something. I have nothing to back this up, but it just seems logical that if they're taking the time to interview for a named scholly they think you're worth merit aid generally.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”