In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:21 pm

zworykin wrote:
Thanks for that depressing, depressing information. :roll: I'm paying 875/mo right now for 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms all to myself here in Phoenix. Nearly double that for my own tiny bedroom and a shared bathroom/"kitchen" is going to be... an adjustment. One that I was already aware I'd be making, sure, but it's depressing all the same.
Yeah, NYC is really expensive... but it's my favorite place in the world, so I think it's definitely worth the trade-off :mrgreen:

And honestly, you get used to living in the smaller space.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:22 pm

zworykin wrote: Thanks for that depressing, depressing information. :roll: I'm paying 875/mo right now for 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms all to myself here in Phoenix. Nearly double that for my own tiny bedroom and a shared bathroom/"kitchen" is going to be... an adjustment. One that I was already aware I'd be making, sure, but it's depressing all the same.
That's ridiculous. I'm in State College paying close to $600 a month for a tiny shared bedroom in a 4-person 2-bedroom apartment...albeit one with a nice sized living room and balcony.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
zworykin wrote: Thanks for that depressing, depressing information. :roll: I'm paying 875/mo right now for 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms all to myself here in Phoenix. Nearly double that for my own tiny bedroom and a shared bathroom/"kitchen" is going to be... an adjustment. One that I was already aware I'd be making, sure, but it's depressing all the same.
That's ridiculous. I'm in State College paying close to $600 a month for a tiny shared bedroom in a 4-person 2-bedroom apartment...albeit one with a nice sized living room and balcony.
I live in a 4-bedroom house, my own room in which is larger than the entirety of most of these NYC apartments, complete with a yard and everything and I pay $350 a month. I win. Then again I also live in middle-of-nowhere PA, so there ya go. You get what you pay for.

kaveman

New

Post by kaveman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:45 pm

forthewin wrote:
gloriouscause wrote:Anybody else already sign up for the reception in LA?
I have! (Long time lurker, first time poster). DLS 12/13, admittance call 12/14, so I've been ecstatic the past couple days! Can't wait to meet other admitted students!
I just tried to sign up, but when I get to the last page it says:
"Thank you for your response. We are sorry that you will not be attending and hope that you will attend an event in the future.

If there are any related purchases you may have made along with this RSVP, they are recapped below."

And then it lists the event details below. I'm confused. Did you guys get the same message?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
I pay $700...for an entire house. Yay housing bubbles.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

poe

Bronze

Post by poe » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:50 pm

kaveman wrote:
forthewin wrote:
I have! (Long time lurker, first time poster). DLS 12/13, admittance call 12/14, so I've been ecstatic the past couple days! Can't wait to meet other admitted students!
"Thank you for your response. We are sorry that you will not be attending and hope that you will attend an event in the future.

If there are any related purchases you may have made along with this RSVP, they are recapped below."

And then it lists the event details below. I'm confused. Did you guys get the same message?
Yes! Exact same thing happened to me - but I got the confirmation email immediately after, so I decided to just write it off as a glitch or typo.

WhiteGuy5

Silver

Post by WhiteGuy5 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Makes me so happy that I can be a part of this thread =).

koalatriste

Bronze

Post by koalatriste » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Nyu is my favorite place in the world, even better than the land down under.

If anyone has questions - especially about species diversity at nyu - feel free to PM.

KOALAAAAAAAA

forthewin

New

Post by forthewin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:10 pm

poe wrote:
kaveman wrote:
forthewin wrote:

Yes! Exact same thing happened to me - but I got the confirmation email immediately after, so I decided to just write it off as a glitch or typo.
Same thing happened to me, but i got the confirmation email as well

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gloriouscause

New

Post by gloriouscause » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:45 am

poe wrote:
kaveman wrote:
forthewin wrote:

+1. I was going to post about that message before I got the confirmation e-mail. Glad to know I wasn't the only one. Anyone else going up from OC?

thestillpoint

Bronze

Post by thestillpoint » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:55 am

addy11 wrote:
Boston_NYG2245 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Anyone admitted on Monday gone purple yet? My mailman probably thinks I'm stalking him because I've been peering out of the window anxiously every time he delivers to my street...
Nothing here
I will keep vigil. I would imagine based on geography and when I got my DLS that I'll be among the first to receive it.
Received my purple envelope yesterday (live a couple blocks from NYU). My boyfriend called to let me know I got an unidentified "blue envelope," obviously he's colorblind. There's not much in it, says a bigger admissions packet is coming later, but loved the personal post-it note :D

I'm guessing a lot of people will receive theirs today!

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:09 am

thestillpoint wrote:
addy11 wrote:
Boston_NYG2245 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Anyone admitted on Monday gone purple yet? My mailman probably thinks I'm stalking him because I've been peering out of the window anxiously every time he delivers to my street...
Nothing here
I will keep vigil. I would imagine based on geography and when I got my DLS that I'll be among the first to receive it.
Received my purple envelope yesterday (live a couple blocks from NYU). My boyfriend called to let me know I got an unidentified "blue envelope," obviously he's colorblind. There's not much in it, says a bigger admissions packet is coming later, but loved the personal post-it note :D

I'm guessing a lot of people will receive theirs today!
Goddamn outer borough mail :wink:

yankees42789

Bronze

Post by yankees42789 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Purple envelope today with a nice handwritten note. Live in NJ and DLS on Tuesday for all those still waiting.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WhiteGuy5

Silver

Post by WhiteGuy5 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:49 pm

yankees42789 wrote:Purple envelope today with a nice handwritten note. Live in NJ and DLS on Tuesday for all those still waiting.
I will be super pissed if someone from JERSEY (yuck!) gets this envelope and I DON'T, despite having gotten in the same day.

Just kidding, i love jersey! =)

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:24 pm

yankees42789 wrote:Purple envelope today with a nice handwritten note. Live in NJ and DLS on Tuesday for all those still waiting.
Wah I went DLS on Monday and still nothing. I'm in PA, but a stone's throw from NJ and only about two hours from the city.

Bring me my purple please!

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:02 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
I will be super pissed if someone from JERSEY (yuck!) gets this envelope and I DON'T, despite having gotten in the same day.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/180979/saturd ... v-paterson
Start at about the 1:45 mark.
Last edited by Yeshia90 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:04 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:

It's okay, we New Jerseyans know you're just jealous :P

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

poe

Bronze

Post by poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Damn, it's gonna be a long wait over here on the west coast.

justinp

Bronze

Post by justinp » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Got my big purple envelope today, complete with a handwritten note. Nice touch.

In Western Mass in case people are attempting to divine mail schedules.

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Another purple envelope in NJ--Tuesday admit. :)

poe

Bronze

Post by poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:02 pm

poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?
It's just a standard acceptance letter, with a very nice little sticky note from the dean. More to come, apparently.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Just got a fall grades request from columbia. Nyu it is?

jellybean8

New

Post by jellybean8 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:07 pm

My sticky note related directly to my personal statement....

Maybe that's how I got in with my 168? haha

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:27 pm

poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?
All that, and a stack of hundreds.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”